Pokemon Sun and Moon(Discussion, News and Thoughts)

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This poll is multiple choice. Select your favourite final evolution of the starters and your favourite tapu.

13% 13% 
[ 7 ]
25% 25% 
[ 13 ]
13% 13% 
[ 7 ]
11% 11% 
[ 6 ]
15% 15% 
[ 8 ]
8% 8% 
[ 4 ]
15% 15% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 53

Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon(Discussion, News and Thoughts)

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat May 14, 2016 2:00 pm

If they stop making Eeveelutions altogether, some people are gonna be really mad. But I'm just leaving it up to the employees to deal with that sort of thing. -_-'

Since it looks like an island region, I feel like I should probably go with Poppy-whatever-his-name-is because that way I can 100% guarantee I'll have a Pokemon with Surf on my team and I can actually play the game. Unless hey decide to troll us and Poppy-thing gets no Surf. Like Candiies said, it's got a bow tie and bow ties are cool.

If I had to choose, apart from that fact, I might go with Rowlet. It
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyenaBoy on Sat May 14, 2016 6:37 pm

A bird with a grass bowtie that can rotate its head. I'm on that like I'm on #TeamJacob.

AND PRAISE THE MOON HERETICS

Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Sat May 14, 2016 8:51 pm

I was on Team Sun, but now I'm on Team Moon. Thanks for that, Lunaala~

As for Starter, idk yet. I tend to run the underdog in each gen. But since the starter base forms are kawaii as fuck, I'll wait till the middle stages are out.
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Sat May 14, 2016 8:53 pm

team sun
i was gonna get moon but then i saw solgaleo and thought "this is so fucking badass im picking you up"
also im choosing litten no matter what
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Day of the Dead on Sun May 15, 2016 8:37 am

Last edited by Day of the Dead on Sun May 15, 2016 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : this post is much better)
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Sun May 15, 2016 9:19 pm

starters typing:

littens later evolution is confirmed to be fire/ground
popplios later evolution is confirmed to be water/fighting
https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4jeg88/spoiler_starters_final_evolution_types_leaked/

Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Sun May 15, 2016 9:37 pm

It is just a leak bro.

For all we know we're getting a Route 1 fighting type (which would be both fucking weird and awesome at the same time.)
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Sun May 15, 2016 11:56 pm

^ I saw that but I was scrolling through and I couldn't really find out its legitimacy. That said, if litten becomes fire ground, goodbye world. I dont want that water weakness.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Mon May 16, 2016 1:51 pm

What's this? Litten may actually be 4x weak to my starter choice? Heavens have heard my prayers.

Although after taking a look, and already mentioned in that link's comments, ground comes before fire so it may mean Rowlet gets to be ground type in a later evolution rather than Litten, which would mean it becomes mono fire. Not like it's a big waste, Litten will more than likely be a fast sweeper, so it's already fated to get one-shot by Popplio, be it 4x effective or 2x effective.

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Tue May 17, 2016 7:09 am

Vlazzah wrote:What's this? Litten may actually be 4x weak to my starter choice? Heavens have heard my prayers.

Although after taking a look, and already mentioned in that link's comments, ground comes before fire so it may mean Rowlet gets to be ground type in a later evolution rather than Litten, which would mean it becomes mono fire. Not like it's a big waste, Litten will more than likely be a fast sweeper, so it's already fated to get one-shot by Popplio, be it 4x effective or 2x effective.

Wait, it started out as part Flying though. Perhaps they'll give it levitate or something if that's the case? Either way, it'll be 4x weak to Ice
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue May 17, 2016 8:27 am

Speculation gains you nothing. Be patient, they'll reveal it all.

I'm not really one to hype up about upcoming pokemon games. The information comes out in little bits to get you all excited, but you won't know enough until just before release, so don't worry, just wait. Would you take Litten if it ends up with awful stats? Would Rowlet be your go-to with its awful typing if it ends up with a great movepool?

Keep in mind ALL starters ever have Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow as their main ability by the way. That could change sure, but don't get too excitable. It's still a fair ways out.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 13InHeaven on Tue May 17, 2016 11:01 am

#TeamSun (cuz' Szan-dor. Sun-dor. LOLOLOL!)
#TeamRowlet (OMG FLYING STARTER OMGOMGOMG)
13InHeaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Tue May 17, 2016 1:27 pm

Rico wrote: Would you take Litten if it ends up with awful stats? Would Rowlet be your go-to with its awful typing if it ends up with a great movepool?

Personally, I believe that no matter how awful the stats a starter gets, people are still going to pick their favourite since it's still going to be an approx. 530 BST final evolution, which means that at least in-game it will be more than solid enough to complete the entire game.

The changing part of picking which starter based on stats and movepools is going to be in terms of competitive battling, obviously, in which case people will bash/praise starters due to how useful or useless they are. (Hello there Meganium/Greninja)

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Day of the Dead on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:52 am

Time to talk seriously.

Solgaleo

Solgaleo is a Psychic/Steel type, being weak to Dark, Fire, Ghost and Ground while also resisting Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic (quad), Rock and Steel.

Solgaleo's part-Steel typing might reflect off of the metals (such as sulfur) that the sun is made out of (from universetoday.com, "Astronomers consider anything heavier than helium to be a metal. The remaining amount of the Sun is made of iron, nickel, oxygen, silicon, sulfur, magnesium, carbon, neon, calcium and chromium. In fact, the Sun is 1% oxygen; and everything else comes out of that last 1%").

Solgaleo's ability is Full Metal Body, which is the same as Clear Metal: it prevents stats from being lowered by others.

Solgaleo's signature move is Sunsteel Strike, which disregards the opponent's ability when attacking.

Solgaleo might have been based on the fifth astrological sign of the zodiac, Leo the lion, who is ruled by the sun (hence Solgaleo).

Lunala

Lunala is Psychic/Ghost, getting completely tattered by Dark-types; the reason for this may to express that mythology and conspiracy says that spirits and ghosts come out during the night. Keeping with the night theme, Lunala is based on a bat with a moon vibe.

Lunala's ability is Shadow Shield, which is the same as Multiscale: lowers the damage from moves by half when hit at max HP.

Lunala's signature move is Moongeist Beam, which does the same thing as Sunsteel Strike.

I don't have much to say about Lunala because it isn't quite interesting enough. I like the design, though, but the legendary itself is just so plain.

Everything else I have to say about the new reveals...

They're so fucking cute! >w< I want a Rotom Pokedex like omfgggggg

Last edited by Day of the Dead on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ITS FULL METAL BODY MFW)
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:40 am

How do we know that Heavy Clear Metal is the same as Clear Body so far? Any official announcment? For all we know, it could also add, say, heatproof. Same with Shadow Shield.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top