Rentorar

Go down

Rentorar

Post by Life's Rainbow on Fri May 27, 2016 8:17 am

[[ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1znPD9YNHP9YkvxzKmKuMVnHRd56gmrSnL8gi6US9y-E/edit?usp=sharing ]]
I made a rp where you actually have to care about your stupid Pokemon thing.
Have fun.
Life's Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rentorar

Post by LargeJellopy on Sat May 28, 2016 2:18 am

I like what you got going here!
Even if I personally prefer Pokémon games as they are due to being pretty horrible at pet care, this is a nice and sensible take on Pokémon that really should have people thinking with their hearts a bit more~~

Now, I got some questions...
The greatest question of all: Will you, as the host, RP all the Pokémon people catch?
Without some form of control over their willingness to take commands, most of the points on this RP become mere guidelines, which I do not think to be the intention on a custom focused so much on keeping the bonds.
So, does the host control the Pokémon all the way, does the host only intervene on their interactions to give remarks about how has the bond changed or how the Pokémon wouldn't do X thing because of an unsuficciently developed bond, etc?

Also, do natures matter for more than stat boosts here? Or do species preferences, for that matter?
I suppose, for example, that an Adamant Shinx doesn't like to play the same way a similar Luxray does, because Luxray are adults while Shinx are infants. Meanwhile, a Calm Claydol has different preferences due to being calm and an ancient artificial clay mon, a Mareep, being a sheep, is likely easier to "shepherd" around in a team than something lonely and fierce like a Pancham, etc.
Are those matters of personality and nature taken in account in bond-forming and commanding?

I see this is an alteration on an usual Trainer, so I suppose we'll see the map soon, too~~
I just wonder if the host isn't going to be overcharged for needing to take in account all the different places the trainers wish to explore, alongside with how they bond with their Pokémon, what kind of encounters they have, etc?

Also, I fully expect some information on the contest ranks, since contests have been shown to be an option. Preferentially some economical information on each city's needs too, since just working peacefully is also given as an option. Lack of information like this would make it so the only non-vague thing is battling, which then risks shading out many of all the other wonderful options you give~~

Lastly... why is the doc's name Luxray in japanese? Heh!
May we meet later, and best of luck and effort!

Waroo, an Aurorus Hiwahiwa, a Gorebyss Jiggly, a Goodra Cassandra, an Absol
General Winter Morozko, Articuno Jinn, a Whimsicott Jordan, a Lapras Kelly, a Gallade
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum