Bailey, a Lampent Gijinka

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bailey, a Lampent Gijinka

Post by FluffyDeoxys on Fri May 27, 2016 8:13 pm

Bailey Grace Vandervoort

never got to actually display Bailey, so here y'all are. feel free to comment, critique or suggest however you like. constructive criticism, however, is preferred.

FluffyDeoxys

View user profile http://mecha-crobat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bailey, a Lampent Gijinka

Post by LargeJellopy on Sat May 28, 2016 3:00 am

Oh, Fluffy, you never let down when it comes to doc making, do you?

Lemme drop those comments here...
Even if the backstory doesn't really tell everything, that it ends with young and innocent Bailey going out to meet her friend and the immediate next section starting out saying she's very careful of who she gives any effort to help...
It implies a nasty conclusion to the poor girl's escapade... did she find her friend in an already unhelpable state? Did she not find her friend and get in massivle trouble for it? Nothing is looking up for Bailey here...

Oddly, I can say I relate to her stubbornness to change mindset and tendency to spare some people time... whatever has happened to Bailey between the start of her backstory and the current time seems to have molded her into a very respectable, if hard to get to know, gijinka. It does take some energy to devote so much soul (heh) to others!

I like how you sorta play into type stereotypes with some traits as her being easily angered (hot-headed) and somewhat of a prankster who tries to avoid looking like she is only that, and yet don't let these things envelop the entirety of what she is, but merely be additions to a whole package of Bailey! Even if typing doesn't have any canon bearing on personality, I feel that such an approach is a neat way to implement type symbolism and make a character slightly richer~~

The way you found to describe the relationships is really good, providing both some subjective description and an objective insight into happenings, and you even found a way to space the boards nicely so it doesn't get too long too! No mention of Hiwahiwa despite that Skarmory being there, doe?
The formatting in general is very nice and really gets one thinking of... ghostliness? The lavender tables also allow you to have both a dark background and a clearly legible dark-on-light text, it's the best of both world! I like it quite a bit~~

To wit, is Bailey based on "Baleful"? Lampent's flames are described as being baleful and the word itself makes one think of ominousness and foreboding, much like ghosts usually do~~

Great, great job!
I look forward to actually RPing with you again some time soon~~
May we meet later!

Waroo, an Aurorus Hiwahiwa, a Gorebyss Jiggly, a Goodra Cassandra, an Absol
General Winter Morozko, Articuno Jinn, a Whimsicott Jordan, a Lapras Kelly, a Gallade
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top