[RMT] Rock... Wait, what?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT] Rock... Wait, what?

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Alright, here I come again, but this time, it's a less-than-serious team.

Without further ado...

The team:

*3* (Magcargo) (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Recover
- Toxic
- Memento

IT'S A TRAP (Cradily) (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Stockpile

Milady (Diancie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Feminazi (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Ancient Power

Hatred (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Terracota (Carracosta) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 28 Atk / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Now, sit, and let me explain WHY I have so exotic sets, and the purpose of this team.

Most of them are used as 'lure', aka : hope for the opponent to send something, before hitting with a sudden coverage/strong move that you wouldn't expect. Or, switch INTO something to get bonuses/immunities.

Magcargo is here, without SR. In fact, this team doesn't have SR. Why? Because I definitely need the Memento on it, and while it's a really, really situational move, it can give Carracosta a chance to get free boosts and destroy teams with mixed, solid coverage.

Next up, Cradily. Cradily, with weakness policy. Stockpile is used to get defensive boosts on a setup possibility, though substitute can be used to dodge slow status setters, or Rock Slide/Ancient Power for coverage on birds. Weakness policy is here to give an extra 'oomph', in case something is sent to destroy it (think : Keldeo, etc. Keldeo hates a +2 giga drain, and Cradily will survive near everything that isn't Specs.)

Continuing with TR Diancie, with Explosion to give momentum and a safe switch to Tyrantrum. Not a lot is to be said here, other than this hits HARD. Max attack AND special attack is here to ensure that nothing can safely switch into moonblast/diamondstorm.

4th spot, there is a specs tyranitar, as a powerful lure that surprisingly do a lot of damages. Max HP evs are here in case TR is up, and due to the specs, max speed isn't gonna be worth most of the time, since scarf drastically reduce the damages. Too much for the gimmick to work 'properly'.

5th is a regular Terrakion set, as everyone wants a reliable cleaner. Regular coverage, though with RQ for standard, non-contact coverage.

6th is a mixed LO carracosta, to hit as many things as possible, again (history repeats itself). Smogon set here, mostly used to outspeed most non-scarf users and blow more holes.

This team ISN'T made to be a 100% winning one. But playing it has proven to be one of the funniest team to use, at least so far. It decently did in Monotype's events (winning against generic ground, for example), and snatching wins in CQ as well, including against a bulky offense water, which surprised me.

Opinions, etc, in comments.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT] Rock... Wait, what?

Post by Fraction on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:17 pm

Innovative team, sets are not bad (specs ttar's equally as dank as specs Kyub). Love this team. 

You see, it's not always about generic sets and 'standard teams'. Sometimes unpredictability pays off really well. I can tell you this from what I've experienced, it's harder to counter 'memeteams' and 'godquads' than it is to counter standard teams. 

Nice job Hydre. Throw in some replays so that I can see this in action. :O
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Fraction wrote:Innovative team, sets are not bad (specs ttar's equally as dank as specs Kyub). Love this team. 

You see, it's not always about generic sets and 'standard teams'. Sometimes unpredictability pays off really well. I can tell you this from what I've experienced, it's harder to counter 'memeteams' and 'godquads' than it is to counter standard teams. 

Nice job Hydre. Throw in some replays so that I can see this in action. :O

I didn't save any replays so far, though I'll make sure to get both winning and losing for the strength and weakness of the team.

One that I already found is that, once cradily dies, the team heavily struggles against cancer-o-don and cancer-sire. I might need HP grass on ttar after all.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:09 pm

wow im said that specs nape is bad then specs tyranitar turns into a thing
wow

Anyway, the best I can do is recommend Ancient Power over Earth Power because of its chance to higher your stats, STAB making it have the same power as EP, and better coverage. Otherwise, good team.
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:44 am

Enchidio wrote:wow im said that specs nape is bad then specs tyranitar turns into a thing
wow

Anyway, the best I can do is recommend Ancient Power over Earth Power because of its chance to higher your stats, STAB making it have the same power as EP, and better coverage. Otherwise, good team.

I'll take you're talking about Cradily.

Ancient power over earth power isn't a quite fair trade, because it'll leave Cradily walled by poison and steel types.
And not flying types.

Because flying types die to tyranitar and terrakion either way.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:57 am

oops i forgot to mention which pokemon it was, im bad

anyway i guess that's why you chose it, i've never used cradily anyway so i just see it as "stockpile, recover, and giga drain to wall ur team lol"
anyway, i guess that's it. i like the team, especially specs nape tyranitar.
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top