Marrilandra: The Lady of the Storm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marrilandra: The Lady of the Storm

Post by Marrilandra on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:37 pm

This is my OC, hopefully it's alright for now, since she's a bit of a WIP.
---
A mysterious girl of unknown origin who almost seems like a ghost on rainy and foggy days, not much is known about Marrilandra, and in one region she has become a bit of an urban legend or myth since she tends to avoid contact with the public often, yet most of the times she's been seen was on days that the fog was thick or the rain was heavy.

As legend goes, Marrilandra once she was like any trainer, going by and trying to be the best, and she always loved the rain more than the sunny days, even from a young age, but became a charming lady when she came of age, and had a tendency to wear dresses. After awhile, her team reflected her love for the storms that always amazed her since, and she did utilize it pretty well, always having used the Rain to her advantage. Because of her love for the rain and her skill of utilizing it in battle, locals in the region dubbed her "The Lady of the Storm".

While things did seem like they would be going well, it wasn't in battles and the league tournament, but something else entirely that led to her ultimately disappeared.

The lady did fall in love, and it seemed like a happy relationship as well, most details are unknown, but it does vary. Some speak of that her lover was not faithful, and in the choice of either one he loved, he left her for the other. Some say he left her with a broken heart from something she didn't wish to know. Nobody knows but her, and whatever happened, she was shattered, and she disappeared without a trace, nobody knowing what became of her, not even her own family. That is what is spoken in the stories told of her.

However, she did start appearing in a new Region, rather than her home region, most likely attempting to escape the memories that brought her sadness, but it's probably not helped much that most often she's sighted during rainy or foggy days, making her seem like she isn't exactly real sometimes, at least, to those who never spoke to her. Perhaps the time has come for her to no longer be an Urban Legend.
---
Tell me what you think guys, I hope it's okay.

Last edited by Marrilandra on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:32 am; edited 4 times in total
Marrilandra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Marrilandra: The Lady of the Storm

Post by Fraction on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:48 pm

Well written, beautiful idea. Since she was an urban legend, I suppose she'd be pretty well known back in her hometown. That contradicts to her being mysterious but... I'll give you the benefit of doubt and say that that was only because of her trainer skills (she'd have to be very good in order for people to recognise her as a prominent trainer, I think) and a lot of gossiping. 
Anyway, nice character, I'd love to see you work on it. However, if you could, try not to reduce the 'mystery' factor that she has since that's most (if not all) the charm this character has (at least to me). Even if you're going to do that, do it slowly, and don't let reveal all of her secrets at once.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top