[RMT] I believe I'm telekinetic... or not. ( Psychic L/K )

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT] I believe I'm telekinetic... or not. ( Psychic L/K )

Post by Marshall De Vos on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:26 am

Hi, resident shitty teambuilder MDV with an idea of a Psychic team that's supposed to work as Lord and Knight aswell with only one change.

Elegy (Musharna) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Barrier
- Baton Pass
- Substitute / Moonlight

Sure, this looks like a massive taunt bait (and it is one), but if I can pass at least some boosts over from Musharna, the fun is about to begin. Synchronize to annoy enemy status spreaders who get their status right back, and Sub or Moonlight for either reliable recovery or a way to sponge more hits.

Epitomy (Mewtwo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Psystrike
- Recover

One of the two main recipients of Musharna's passing stuff. Recover is here so that I don't kill myself over LO recoil and occasional priority, Psystrike kills Chansey, and, well, everything that doesn't resist it, Aura Sphere is mainly to handle Dark and Steel, and Ice Beam to snipe Flying and Dragon types.

Mewtwo alternative for the Knight variant of the team:
Willbender (Alakazam) (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam / Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Encore to shut down set-up sweepers ( mostly Bisharp which walls this set since I really, really don't want to be reliant on Focus Miss ), Psyshock for reliable STAB, Energy Ball as a way to get past bulky water/ground/rock types which Psyshock mostly is suboptimal against due to their higher defenses, and Dazzling Gleam or Shadow Ball to deal with weaknesses. Shadow Ball at least leaves me able to hit Steel-types neutrally. Magic Guard before Mega-Evolving so I don't take Hazard damage

Euphoria (Espeon) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Morning Sun

The main Baton Pass taker. Stored Power gets ridiculous rather quickly, killing everything that doesn't resist it when the boosts accumulated. Dazzling Gleam kills Dark, and Shadow Ball gives me something to do against Ghost and Steel. Morning Sun is here for the same reason as Recover is on Mewtwo: So that I'm not killing myself over recoil and priority. Also a way to play around Sucker Punches. Magic Bounce is a middle finger to everything that likes toying around with status.

Ecstasy (Gallade) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off / Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

I feel that this team needs a scarf, and between Gallade and Medicham, I've picked the first one. Justified so that I get a +1 from everything that tries to knock me off, CC and ZHB as a stab combination, and Ice Punch along with KOff serves as coverage. Shadow Sneak is an option but I'm not sure if a weak priority move is a good idea of a pokémon that locks itself into moves.

Elysium (Metagross) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Another pseudo-scarf. Metagross isn't here to act as a Rocks setter, it's here to act as a physical back up to Gallade. With Agility and WP, as soon as it's hit super effectively and survivng, I get the equivalent of a Shell Smash which I can then use to maim my way through teams. ZHB as my main STAB move, Bullet to pick off Fairies or anything that's weakened, and EQ serves as coverage since I don't have any Ground coverage throughout this moveset otherwise.

Empathy (Uxie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Heal Bell

Uxie here's supposed to act as my lead. Thunder Wave to cripple opponents, SR feel rather obvious, Heal Bell is run because I think the team really can do with a cleric, and U-Turn is there to get out once it's done what it's supposed to do, and bring in a suitable answer to whatever is sitting there. EV split makes it a special sponge.

Comments and creative criticism welcome.
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT] I believe I'm telekinetic... or not. ( Psychic L/K )

Post by Enchidio on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:15 am

I dunno about Recover on Mewtwo, because like you said, Musharna is already huge taunt bait, so if you fail the pass, or you die immediately, Recover'll just be wasted. Well, Musharna is pretty bulky though, and Mewtwo itself has usable defensive stats, so it's up to personal preference.

Otherwise, definitely a good team. Also, what I like to do with Baton Pass teams is if there's a Pokemon that's much better to pass to but the other Pokemon would easily obliterate it, I baton pass to the least most obvious thing: Like, if I baton pass Quiver Dance, I can go into Cryogonal or Gallade. If I'm facing something like Hitmontop, Hitmontop easily uses Close Combat to destroy Cryogonal for a predicted Baton Pass, but Baton Passing into Gallade allows you to kill it and get some speed boosts, despite the fact that the special attack boost means nothing now. (This is an RU example, by the way.) Basically, don't Baton Pass into Mewtwo/Espeon if the Pokemon in your way is gonna get fucked up.
But I think you already know, so I hope you do well with your team.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im a voice
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top