[Conquest RMT] Faeries v2.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Conquest RMT] Faeries v2.0

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:43 am

Hey all! I would like to introduce to you a second version of my fairy team for Fairy Knights

Designer Dress (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite  
Ability: Trace  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hyper Voice  
- Focus Blast  
- Psyshock  
- Shadow Ball  

Okay so Mega-Gardevoir is the only usable mega for fairy knights so I might as well use it since it had respectable SpA and Speed and to mention the extra power of Pixilated Hyper Voice is quite appreciated to peel down opponents in an offensive way. Hyper Voice is my most powerful STAB since its boosted by Pixilate and it has high BP too, Psyshock allows Mega-Gardevoir to hit pokemon that are specially defensive and Psyshock is also a secondary STAB move, Focus Blast is a coverage against dreaded Steel-types and Shadow Ball is to counter other Psychic-types.This set is quite common and quite predictable but Mega-Gardevoir really hits so hard so I think that's enough.

Cute Variation (Sylveon) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Pixilate  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Heal Bell  
- Wish  
- Protect  

A specially defensive Sylveon. Well she's basically the best cleric for fairy since she's bulky and can Wish pass quite effectively and able to cure status ailments that can horribly affect the team. I really added Protect in Sylveon's set because it's up to the others to cripple the opponents and so that she can successfully receive her Wish without worries, though at that price it makes her predictable to pokemon that would set up.

Keys to Doom (Klefki) @ Light Clay  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Light Screen  
- Reflect  
- Thunder Wave  
- Foul Play  

Klefki is one of those can should be used in a Fairy team since it's one of the most effective screeners in the meta with access to Thunder Wave to cripple speedy pokemon. I chose Foul Play since this team is very prone of getting sweeped by physical set up sweepers, though Spikes was an option since it helps peel down opponents but I decided against it since 3 turns is turned around by 1 rapid spin and did I mention that fairy has no spin blockers? Wasting a turn or two or three to set up spikes is not that worth it compared to killing any pokemon that has set up +4 on attack.

Even worse (Azumarill) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sap Sipper  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA  
Bold Nature  
- Scald  
- Perish Song  
- Toxic  
- Icy Wind/Protect

A cancer azumarill, yes very cancerous and dangerous at the same time. By running a stall set on my Azumarill I have no potential physical sweepers. Sap Sipper is a great way to cover against Azumarill's grass weakness and is more beneficial than Thick Fat since it already resists Fire and Ice-type moves (excluding Freeze Dry ofc) and definitely more beneficial than Huge Power in stalling means. Scald has nice BP and nice 30% to burn opponents, Perish Song is pseudo phazing move, Toxic is another crippling move mandatory for stalling and lastly I was deciding for Icy Wind or Protect, I actually like both since Icy Wind slows down Ground and Electric-type mons who cant be affected by Thunder Wave but Protect is helpful by stalling means with the Toxic or the burn chance from Scald.

Plague Lord (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Serene Grace  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Air Slash  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Aura Sphere  
- Fire Blast  

The team clearly lacked speed without a scarf users so I use Togekiss as a scarf user. Togekiss is quite okay as a scarf user since it has coverage against its weakness and respectable special attack. Air Slash is the perfect flinching STAB move, Dazzling Gleam is just a secondary STAB which has better BP than Air Slash but no secondary effects, Aura Sphere is a great way to deal with Heatran and Rock-types, while Fire Blast can kill other Steel-types. Just like Mega-Garde, Togekiss is also one of the offensive peelers to take down many strong opponents or weaken them by diminishing their HP greatly.

Creampuffs (Slurpuff) @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Unburden  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Calm Mind  
- Cotton Guard  
- Draining Kiss  
- Flamethrower

Okay so this is the main star of the team, CM Slurpuff. Normally most would just use Slurpuff with Belly Drum to automatically activate Unburden. Slurpuff is a perfect Calm Mind user with access to Cotton Guard to raise its defenses against other pokemon, especially when its behind Klefki's screens. It still uses Unburden since the double speed is totally appreciated with Sitrus Berry so I can regain health after at least setting up 1 Cotton Guard and 1 Calm Mind. As attacking moves I used Draining Kiss since it can recover health and help me stay longer on the field and Flamethrower to counter Steel-type pokemon.

Other team options:

Whimsicott is a great staller and quite hard to deal since its perfectly irritating
Clefable as an Unaware user since this team is quite weak to pokemon who have set up successfully, Clefable also has access to Stealth Rock which can really hurt other teams.

Anyhow feel free to suggest and correct any fault I made in the EVs and movesets (well maybe I wont allow you to make my Slurpuff be a Physical Sweeper xD)
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Conquest RMT] Faeries v2.0

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:
Hey all! I would like to introduce to you a second version of my fairy team for Fairy Knights

Designer Dress (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite  
Ability: Trace  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Focus Blast  
- Psyshock  
- Shadow Ball  

Okay so Mega-Gardevoir is the only usable mega for fairy knights so I might as well use it since it had respectable SpA and Speed and to mention the extra power of Pixilated Hyper Voice is quite appreciated to peel down opponents in an offensive way. Hyper Voice is my most powerful STAB since its boosted by Pixilate and it has high BP too, Psyshock allows Mega-Gardevoir to hit pokemon that are specially defensive and Psyshock is also a secondary STAB move, Focus Blast is a coverage against dreaded Steel-types and Shadow Ball is to counter other Psychic-types.This set is quite common and quite predictable but Mega-Gardevoir really hits so hard so I think that's enough.

Cute Variation (Sylveon) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Pixilate  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Heal Bell  
- Wish  
- Protect  

A specially defensive Sylveon. Well she's basically the best cleric for fairy since she's bulky and can Wish pass quite effectively and able to cure status ailments that can horribly affect the team. I really added Protect in Sylveon's set because it's up to the others to cripple the opponents and so that she can successfully receive her Wish without worries, though at that price it makes her predictable to pokemon that would set up.

Keys to Doom (Klefki) @ Light Clay  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Light Screen  
- Reflect  
- Thunder Wave  
- Foul Play  

Klefki is one of those can should be used in a Fairy team since it's one of the most effective screeners in the meta with access to Thunder Wave to cripple speedy pokemon. I chose Foul Play since this team is very prone of getting sweeped by physical set up sweepers, though Spikes was an option since it helps peel down opponents but I decided against it since 3 turns is turned around by 1 rapid spin and did I mention that fairy has no spin blockers? Wasting a turn or two or three to set up spikes is not that worth it compared to killing any pokemon that has set up +4 on attack.

Even worse (Azumarill) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sap Sipper  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA  
Bold Nature  
- Scald  
- Perish Song  
- Toxic  
- Icy Wind/Protect

A cancer azumarill, yes very cancerous and dangerous at the same time. By running a stall set on my Azumarill I have no potential physical sweepers. Sap Sipper is a great way to cover against Azumarill's grass weakness and is more beneficial than Thick Fat since it already resists Fire and Ice-type moves (excluding Freeze Dry ofc) and definitely more beneficial than Huge Power in stalling means. Scald has nice BP and nice 30% to burn opponents, Perish Song is pseudo phazing move, Toxic is another crippling move mandatory for stalling and lastly I was deciding for Icy Wind or Protect, I actually like both since Icy Wind slows down Ground and Electric-type mons who cant be affected by Thunder Wave but Protect is helpful by stalling means with the Toxic or the burn chance from Scald.

Plague Lord (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Serene Grace  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Air Slash  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Aura Sphere  
- Fire Blast  

The team clearly lacked speed without a scarf users so I use Togekiss as a scarf user. Togekiss is quite okay as a scarf user since it has coverage against its weakness and respectable special attack. Air Slash is the perfect flinching STAB move, Dazzling Gleam is just a secondary STAB which has better BP than Air Slash but no secondary effects, Aura Sphere is a great way to deal with Heatran and Rock-types, while Fire Blast can kill other Steel-types. Just like Mega-Garde, Togekiss is also one of the offensive peelers to take down many strong opponents or weaken them by diminishing their HP greatly.

Creampuffs (Slurpuff) @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Unburden  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Calm Mind  
- Cotton Guard  
- Draining Kiss  
- Flamethrower

Okay so this is the main star of the team, CM Slurpuff. Normally most would just use Slurpuff with Belly Drum to automatically activate Unburden. Slurpuff is a perfect Calm Mind user with access to Cotton Guard to raise its defenses against other pokemon, especially when its behind Klefki's screens. It still uses Unburden since the double speed is totally appreciated with Sitrus Berry so I can regain health after at least setting up 1 Cotton Guard and 1 Calm Mind. As attacking moves I used Draining Kiss since it can recover health and help me stay longer on the field and Flamethrower to counter Steel-type pokemon.

Other team options:

Whimsicott is a great staller and quite hard to deal since its perfectly irritating
Clefable as an Unaware user since this team is quite weak to pokemon who have set up successfully, Clefable also has access to Stealth Rock which can really hurt other teams.

Anyhow feel free to suggest and correct any fault I made in the EVs and movesets (well maybe I wont allow you to make my Slurpuff be a Physical Sweeper xD)

You have 0 physical presence. Any special wall that can get rid of toxic, has access to healing bell, or has his own status move can decimate your team fair and nicely. I suggest either adding calm mind instead of shadow ball on m-gardevoir, or trick instead of aura sphere on Togekiss. Or, simply, add a physical 'mon to your team. Maybe switch the azumarill to band or belly drum?

Also, your klefki is double screens, but what does really benefit from it on your team? Slurpuff will still get wore down by status, no matter what you do with it.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Similar to what Hydre said, this team gets walled by, say, generic Normal, and it's hard for you to play around it. I suggest you don't run Perish Song Azu (it sucks on Fairy anyway), and opt for a much more useful BD set (run BD/Aqua Jet/KnockOff/Waterfall or Play Rough in the last spot). You might say it's predictable, but it works nonetheless. 

Backing up Hydre's other points, Calm Mind > Shadow Ball on Gardevoir-Mega (Calm Mind + Hyper Voice devastates teams) and Trick > Aura Sphere on Togekiss. Might even consider running Roost somewhere in the set. 

Remove Slurpuff. For the last slot, Whimsicott is good and everything, but Clefable's more useful.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:23 am

Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:
You have 0 physical presence. Any special wall that can get rid of toxic, has access to healing bell, or has his own status move can decimate your team fair and nicely. I suggest either adding calm mind instead of shadow ball on m-gardevoir, or trick instead of aura sphere on Togekiss. Or, simply, add a physical 'mon to your team. Maybe switch the azumarill to band or belly drum?

Also, your klefki is double screens, but what does really benefit from it on your team? Slurpuff will still get wore down by status, no matter what you do with it.
Hm, I'm also thinking of adding safeguard on klefki and removing Thunder Wave or Reflect but I'm not sure yet since it will totally require testing, I'll also try banded azumarill since I think I have more than enough set up sweepers.

Fraction wrote:Similar to what Hydre said, this team gets walled by, say, generic Normal, and it's hard for you to play around it. I suggest you don't run Perish Song Azu (it sucks on Fairy anyway), and opt for a much more useful BD set (run BD/Aqua Jet/KnockOff/Waterfall or Play Rough in the last spot). You might say it's predictable, but it works nonetheless. 

Backing up Hydre's other points, Calm Mind > Shadow Ball on Gardevoir-Mega (Calm Mind + Hyper Voice devastates teams) and Trick > Aura Sphere on Togekiss. Might even consider running Roost somewhere in the set. 

Remove Slurpuff. For the last slot, Whimsicott is good and everything, but Clefable's more useful.
I really don't wanna remove my slurpuff since I built the team around it, but I'll take in your suggestions for Trick Togekiss(I haven't tried that) and CM on Gardevoir (I forgot that horror)
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:55 am

Don't add safeguard on Klefki. The set is fine as it is.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top