So I feel like...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So I feel like...

Post by AlephZer0 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:59 pm

I won't be surprised if nobody responds to this. I'm new, and not too popular. Or maybe I'm just being too hard on myself. But anyway...
I have a lot of thoughts that really have nothing to do with each other, and I felt they should all go here.
The first has to do with one of the words on the banlist.
I may just be stupid, but why is "autism" a banword? It's incredibly insulting to me, as someone who struggles with it every day, to see it grouped with sexual slang and things of that nature. If trolls use that word often, I understand the reasoning, but it still makes me a bit upset.
The second is that oftentimes people seem to get pissed at me simply for talking to them. Now I'm not blaming them (I have acknowledged that I'm a gratingly annoying person), but I feel like it would be nice if people would, rather than just being rude or whatever, give advice on how to be less irritating, other than "just stop talking." I feel like, when there's something I want to say, not being able to say it causes it to burn a hole in the back of my throat. So if anyone has any advice for ways to be less irritating when one talks, I would love that, since it seems everything I say pisses someone off.
Finally, I was recently told, with respect to the bot, that people who are not global staff or room staff are not trustworthy. I'm not going to name any names, but it does say in the bot's code that "anyone is welcome to contribute to the bot." Also, it makes it kind of difficult when to become staff one must contribute something to the room, and my greatest potential/set-apart is my programming/tech skills (not saying I don't try to have a positive presence in the room, but I'm nothing special there). I'm not contesting this decision per se (in fact I never even asked to become a contributor), but it just seems like a bit of a Catch-22 for anyone who is in a similar situation. I also am not contesting Lux's worthiness to be the guy in charge of this (Quite contrary, I believe he's doing an excellent job).
I'm really just venting here. I feel like, for the most part, the room is putting up with my crap pretty well. It's just every once in a while I feel the need to vent my frustrations, and this is one of those times.

Please don't ignore this post like the one I posted in writer's guild...
Please
AlephZer0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So I feel like...

Post by Rico on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:08 pm

Autism is a ban word because it is EXTREMELY common for trolls to come in to the room and insult its users for their supposed autism. As there is no situation where it should really be talked about in our room, it was deemed fine to add it as a banword.

You are able to contribute to the bot through its github (probably) but you must be a member of staff to have access to the bot itself, which is where a lot of the real stuff goes down. Please keep in mind that bot has room owner in amphy and mod in RP. Anybody with access could easily make the bot use any of those commands. If you can be trusted with operating the bot in that respect you can be trusted as staff in that room.

I can't give you advice on how not to be annoying, but chances are if people don't enjoy your company they'll find anything you do to be annoying. Best to just avoid them and find people who enjoy you for who you are. Let the cunts be cunts.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlephZer0 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:15 pm

I figured that was the reason...It just...feels a little weird.
As for the bot thing, thanks for the clarification. I can totally see why you wouldn't want me accessing the server that has bot running on it lmao. I'm relatively new to the room so yeah...staff positions always seem so out of reach to me, no matter where I go, but being able to contribute to bot would make me feel like I'm actually contributing something...
AlephZer0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena(Lopunny) on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:37 pm

sigh. So, I'm not going to speak about the banwords, neither about the bot. But, you know, people at times., myself included, can be very grumpy and just disrespectful at times. I know how you feel. I am a highly annoying person, to be completely honest with you. But I like it. There's no advice on how not to be annoying or being 'less irritating'. You should be yourself. Don't just be like "Oh, since this person thinks I'm annoying, I'm gonna stop... worrying too much about them" That's a horrible example, but whatever. Don't change a part of you just because someone thinks you're 'irritating'. You are yourself, and if there's somebody that doesn't like that, they can't do anything about it. . . .Yeah. I don't know if I'm being clear here. In addition to being late, I think I went too far with it. Happens when I wanna help out.
Anyway, whenever you wish to talk about anything just PM me. I hope I helped by FOR ONCE giving advice that I myself follow. ~^w^~
Serena(Lopunny)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top