My OC 'Dump' ((Not finished with this project yet))

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My OC 'Dump' ((Not finished with this project yet))

Post by The Sceptile Named Energy on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:43 am

So, I've decided, after days of contemplation, have decided to make OC docs and not be lazy, so check them out here! I am fully open to any form of criticism so go all out on these things. Oh and note that I don't mean dump as in, here, take these ocs and run, it's just I'll put my ocs. And I am excited because my next OC will be a genocidal Scizor and it won't be like a full scizorphrenic kind where they exist to be genocidal. So that's all for now and until my next post, I appreciate your existence~
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sao7muxEE6ojToFi8a6GK_BzoxJoJxW-6DgvLH4zT9E/edit Energy The Sceptile

Last edited by The Sceptile Named Energy on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
The Sceptile Named Energy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My OC 'Dump' ((Not finished with this project yet))

Post by FluffyDeoxys on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:22 am

ah, i love the abilities. truthfully, they're quite nice to admire!

nonetheless, i'll start with a simple beginning: the background colour choice makes reading extremely difficult. i'd suggest the lightest green (i don't remember the particular name, but you get my funky flow) instead. 

the backstory is limited, but hey, it's an intriguing character. "there was a forest" could be described much further than the simplicity of "forest." Where is it? (map-wise, or up to your own creative spirit!) What does it look like? Is it recognised especially for the clan it houses? How did only the clan (and sparse few bug pokemon) only inhabit this forest? and so on. the adventures energy partakes in could be great subjects-- harrowing tales of his unpredictable, adventurous spirit, so we can feel for this sceptile! maybe an event that highlights how hopeful he may of been in a desperate attempt seeking out his parents, only to drift further away. 

as usual, the ideas are always up to you.

hopefully this helped a bit, and i'm eager to see how this character unfolds for you, others and maybe even myself!

(i may add more as more characters are put in, but... y'know, i'm coo coo lazy pigeon here.)
FluffyDeoxys

View user profile http://mecha-crobat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sceptile Named Energy on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:18 am

FluffyDeoxys wrote:ah, i love the abilities. truthfully, they're quite nice to admire!

nonetheless, i'll start with a simple beginning: the background colour choice makes reading extremely difficult. i'd suggest the lightest green (i don't remember the particular name, but you get my funky flow) instead. 

the backstory is limited, but hey, it's an intriguing character. "there was a forest" could be described much further than the simplicity of "forest." Where is it? (map-wise, or up to your own creative spirit!) What does it look like? Is it recognised especially for the clan it houses? How did only the clan (and sparse few bug pokemon) only inhabit this forest? and so on. the adventures energy partakes in could be great subjects-- harrowing tales of his unpredictable, adventurous spirit, so we can feel for this sceptile! maybe an event that highlights how hopeful he may of been in a desperate attempt seeking out his parents, only to drift further away. 

as usual, the ideas are always up to you.

hopefully this helped a bit, and i'm eager to see how this character unfolds for you, others and maybe even myself!

(i may add more as more characters are put in, but... y'know, i'm coo coo lazy pigeon here.)
Well, thanks for the Abilities complement, and this actually was very helpful, as when I made the doc, I really paid not very much detail to the Backstory but to the personality and abilities, I shall go back and revise that backstory a little bit when I get the time to do so and thanks for the opinion as it helped much! Also when you say lightest green, do you mean that for the font or background color, thnx in advance.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyDeoxys on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:59 am

The Sceptile Named Energy wrote:Well, thanks for the Abilities complement, and this actually was very helpful, as when I made the doc, I really paid not very much detail to the Backstory but to the personality and abilities, I shall go back and revise that backstory a little bit when I get the time to do so and thanks for the opinion as it helped much! Also when you say lightest green, do you mean that for the font or background color, thnx in advance.

np! always happy to give advice and comment on such. i know the feeling of lacking backstory, as, y'know, they can be tedious ugh. example being yukidori ( shown here [and click the 'shown here' for this one too) is sort of there, but nieve's took AGES, but thank god it was finished (as shown here: here [click the "here" for said bio. hey, aint i smart ahurhur])

and for the lightest green, the background colour for the doc! sorry for not being clear on that. and feel free to utilise those documents i've linked as some utility or reference. they may or may not be helpful.

Last edited by FluffyDeoxys on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : help dysfunctional links)
FluffyDeoxys

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sceptile Named Energy on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:23 am

Yeah honestly, your style of OC docs is a very intricate and nice way of doing so, however, doing so take a bit of time and effort which is not my style, no shade being thrown just that I can't latch onto the style. But anyways the docs were of some help as I am currently editing the doc and yeah thanks for that background color suggestion, it looks alot better now

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyDeoxys on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:32 am

The Sceptile Named Energy wrote:Yeah honestly, your style of OC docs is a very intricate and nice way of doing so, however,  doing so take a bit of time and effort which is not my style, no shade being thrown just that I can't latch onto the style. But anyways the docs were of some help as I am currently editing the doc and yeah thanks for that background color suggestion, it looks alot better now

yes, thank you! i pride myself in details woven in ways it looks like i devote way too much time to them (... which i do anyway.) but hey! style differs between people, and i can respect that, absolutely. if they looked all the same, i'd be pretty bored with designs and not so interested to look into them, but this case is not present in viewing/critiquing this bio. i'm here to suggest and critique, not convert.

and no problem about the background thing. i'm highly advanced in aesthetics (self appointed skill hue). i should have a PhD for it, haha.
FluffyDeoxys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top