Removal of Prom

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Removal of Prom

Post by Jeaidfuis on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Welp see ya Prom, the rp I never really try to actually rp in. May those Trolls get judgement for spite voting this god forbid flawed as hell rp
Jeaidfuis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death by Tea on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:53 pm

Holy christ I did not expect this. Well, I always kinda expected that Prom would die out soon, just not this soon. I do have to say, thank you for removing the rp. Each day we get closer to taking out RP hate, even though it is sad. Using prom as an excuse not to do the RP fr just made me sad. Farewell Prom, let your punch be spiked forever more.
Death by Tea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer Tildeath on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:22 pm

You know, I understand that some people liked prom, but I'm kinda glad that it has been removed. I mean, there have been several cases where I've wanted to do a free roam, and even nominated it once because it wasn't being automatically added to the poll in Rusty for some reason, but a lot of the time prom got voted instead.

I always felt as though prom doesn't actually appear to be something to be considered a freeroam variant. I mean, part of it relies on a DJ to give role players music and keep them entertained in between dialogues with different fellow role players, and I even think some people had their own prom docs. That always made me think that it shouldn't be a freeroam variant, the description I gave kinda makes it sound like a role play that should have it's own docs and hosts.

If I had any say in the matter, I would've wanted it to become an rp of it's very own, that way it'd still be around for those who liked it and even allow for more customization of the venue and what have you. However, I still believe the decision to completely remove the role play, especially considering the facts laid out by Rico, was a good one.
Gamer Tildeath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:37 am

I don't consider the DJ to be an important part of Prom, and I do not think I am alone. The DJ primarily just regurgitates song requests from users, a lot of which don't actually fit with a 'prom' style environment (if you can't dance to it it probably won't be played at a prom). We have had issues in the past of DJs not even looking at the requests they're being sent and bolding an inappropriate link as a result. A lot of Rpers are then free to completely ignore the DJ, as nothing of value has actually been given, nothing that will enhance their RP. The songs will usually run for their real time duration which is about 2 lines of dialogue in RP time.

I've considered the idea of docs and hosts for prom, but at the end of the day more than any other RP, Prom felt like a freeroam variant. More than Kingdom, Cruise, Uni... there was no plot, no driving force. It was just freeroam in a room with some music. You might say the same with cruise, and that WAS the case. We took the step with a required cruise doc because the potential in cruise was there... a potential not shared by Prom.

Hopefully that clears up why we went with removing it entirely and not trying to save it.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon555 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:14 am

The DJ Just is there To Give Music that People Request so they Feel Special, There is always that One Time When People Don't Talk And Stay Quiet Cause there Aren't Many People. Prom, Whenever it got the Chance back then, Many of the People Joined, Even some Haters did. But now People Vote FR Cause then They get to do Whatever they want, But When Prom is there, People Are limited to a "High school Prom"

They then Do Stupid Things like mess up the punch or get Drunk, and When Trolls Strike it Feels like you Actually HAVE Something to do ((For me at Least)) But People mainly PMRP or Don't RP at all And wait for Their Cycle to Return to Normal of FR, Trainer, and Cruise, And others

Pokehigh Should Also Be Removed too though Cause I had a Talk with Ryan And he said that PokeHigh is Just bad. Or that Might have been me Idk, But He said he might Delete his Pokehigh doc Cause People Just Do Mean things Like Punch Teacher, And Don't RP Like you Should.

Again Relating back to the Old Days. People Actually RPed in PH Normally But now Its Either Ended Cause no one Joins, Or End-polled Quick Cause its Just bad, No one listens to the Teacher, All the Teacher can do is Ask Questions. Except the Battle class where you Actually Battle

Thank you For your Time.

-Dragon Maestro

Last edited by Dragon555 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Some things And some Spelling checks)
Dragon555

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JesterTheFloatzel on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:37 am

That kinda sucks, but i totally understand why it was banned. You will be missed Pram, by some people. . .
JesterTheFloatzel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smol Trash Child on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:53 pm

Bye the rp i only took part in like 10 times, i probably won't miss you! :^) :^) :^)
Smol Trash Child

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyhn on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:40 am

I had a couple good proms, but honestly what happened in those ones could've easily happened in FR anyway. And I believe its removal is healthy for the whole "romance plot" problem. I like romance as long as it isn't forced, and doesn't go too far (which i've seen first-hand is a common problem). Romance plots cam be good sometimes if it's gradual, and not just clich├ęd and boring "love at first sight"
Flyhn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:41 pm

RIPIP In Peace, Prom. You Will Be Missed by people who aren't me.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskland on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:43 am

RIP Prom

Even though I made this account on PS two weeks ago. Also,the removal of prom won't affect most of the room since romance and erotic roleplays are banned. I usually just sit around and request songs,and work on my docs.
Duskland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevinselvan on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:33 am

OK this i didn't expect...

Cancel the music playlist doc..this may get ugly...

rip in pieces dj nights..

cries

Kevinselvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vudu on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:32 am

I will say, I've had a few fun experiences in Prom. No, not a few, a couple... no, one. One time that I had any sort of engaged plot in prom that I got enjoyment out of.
Every other time, the entire room -- and I mean, the entire room -- was overrun by trolls, shitpost, mayhem, and all means of chaotic nonsense that neither staff nor genuine RPer could ever live with, and even remotely bear a smile for.
You had your chance, Prom. But even those who despised you for being a waste of six hours in our days, then three, then one; may your faded soul live on as a subplot in Freeroam. Lord Arceus bless thee, Prom, for you will be celebrated (in a sense) by many.

Thank you for your time.

Signed,
The Vudu Doll
Vudu

View user profile http://theuselessweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara And Larry on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:34 am

While I wasn't around for the 'prom era', I had an idea. So basically I'd make it less of a love dance and more of just a dance party. Nobody prob agrees with me but yeah. Also, if the original prom ever does come back, the mods should just straight up mute the people doing this. It's annoying as all hell and it's their fault this probably good idea at the time roleplay is gone. All these people are just ruining it for us. It's just gotten to the point where I cannot deal with the poopheads(Yes i know that censor I'll censor it here as well) doing their crap. Honestly, sometimes, it seems like the point of these people is not for a joke, but just to piss people off.

If you have read this, Thank You

Last edited by Lara And Larry on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Image too big ;3;)
Lara And Larry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:24 am

Prom was removed over a month ago so I'm closing this thread. You've all had your chance to say farewell.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2