The Dice have Landed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Dice have Landed

Post by Styxian on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:41 am

When I first started, I had gone under the name of Styxian (Gliscor) in a Murder Mystery RP. Despite it being my first time roleplaying ever, I caught on quickly, and I discovered it was an absolute blast. I loved it. I loved the idea of falling behind a mask and acting as someone you wish you could be. Someone that could make friendships and have adventures you'd never have in the real world. I fell in love with the Roleplaying room.

So, following the 27th of December in 2014 I started logging on frequently. Daily, for hours on end. Wether it was heartwarming adventure in Freeroam, a mind-numbing Murder Mystery, a feeling inducing Zombie Apocalypse, or even a bloodthirsty Conquest, I absolutely loved it. I did all of it.

During my time in the Roleplaying room, I learned a number of things. Internet slang, memes, morals and quotes and books I never would have found out about. But above all, I learned one thing. When you put on that mask to act out as someone you aren't, you're interacting with someone that's doing the same exact thing as you. Although their reasons might be different, both you and your partner are here, living the same fake reality. So in a way, you bond in a way that others don't get to experience. You see the other person in a way that you see that's what they want to be, that character is a figment of their imagination and you can tell a lot about a person simply from the mask they choose. Personalities bleed through characters, after all.

So in my time on PS, I've grown close to many people. Friends that, although I've never met in real life, will know me a lot more than a lot of people ever will. It's a beautiful thing, really. But all good things come to an end. There comes a time where we have to pick a road and follow it.

I am Styxian Gaius. That is what you know me by. And it is that you will remember me as. Lately I have been absent, and I must admit, although I have been busy, I also have been avoiding Roleplay, for the pure reason that I wasn't sure if it was wise to invest more time there.

I've realized I have priorities that I need to meet before anything else, Roleplay has become a side thing to amuse me with. I've elected that it's important to meet these priorities, but to do that, I have to leave Roleplay behind. It's a start to leaving more things behind for me to take the next step upwards.

Thank you, everyone, for your hospitality. Thanks for all the fun times, the memories, the jokes. Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you so much. I love you all.

So this is my announcement leaving PS. If you want to talk to me, I'll be able to be contacted via Skype (rasyid.notiwidigdo).

A fellow roleplayer, captivated by the room,

Styxian Gaius
Styxian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Dice have Landed

Post by Nobody Is There on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:44 am

A styx... Although I never talked to you much, I see why you are leaving. I too, am leaving as well and I hope the future holds lots for you as it should do for all of us. Thanks for being in room roleplaying ~ LunaM00na
Nobody Is There

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Day of the Dead on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 am

styx, i hope you go far.

farewell, my friend.
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:40 am

Honestly, Stxy. I didn't talk to you as much as to some others, but seeing you go is sad nonetheless. Pursue your priorities, make your dreams come true, and make us proud, bud.

I salute you. fires a 21 togepi salutary.
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fennec Fox on Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:09 pm

Au revoir, Styx.

I can't really say anything else, im so sorry ;-;
The Fennec Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Take care.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyenaBoy on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Farewell Styx, I hope you achieve whatever you seek in life! I'll talk to you soon, or whenever you pop up in the groupchat in skype.

Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:23 pm

Rip Styx

He's gonna miss my epic Sun and Moon theorymonning.
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top