daisz's misc. oc musings/analyses/etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down

daisz's misc. oc musings/analyses/etc

Post by Daisz on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi. A lot of you might remember the 3000+ word count essay I wrote on Senne, my Fairy Warlord OC a while back (it's also posted here in this very subforum). This falls short to many other things that I have written in the past. I have written a bunch of other stuff on my original characters, and I have a very high output of work, but the thing is I don't post any of it.

From now on, most of my character analyses and notes will be posted here, and this will probably soon become a pretty lengthy thread. It's also going to be laden with a lot of "spoilers" for those people who don't want to read an entirely indepth look at the character's personality (but like why wouldn't you haha?) Of course I'm not going to post every single word I write here. Some things are better left unsaid. :^)

I'll update this whenever.

Edit: criticism, theory, questions or comments by other users are appreciated and embraced. <3

Last edited by Daisz on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daisz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: daisz's misc. oc musings/analyses/etc

Post by Daisz on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:47 pm

Ah, Miu, the nervous knight, constantly worrying about bothering, boring, or offending others. She has a fragile personality, she's very meek, and she often overreacts to what is going on around her.

Obviously anyone who has seen me RP as her for five seconds in conquest knows, at this point, what her exterior personality is like. She's clumsy, and despite not wanting to be disliked, she feels that it's better than being ignored. And as a result of her vague past that implies she's been mistreated (mind you, to the extent that in her perspective she has never been treated as a human being), she has a bad habit of asking for abuse from others in order to make up for any mistakes she might have made (most prevalent in her characters with her warlord, Guardian Neb). She asks people to draw on her, punch her, cut her hair, and even kick her around like a soda can. It's the only way she knows how to make up for it, other than apologizing twelve times at once.

And yet she tolerates all of it. She doesn't want to be hated - more than that, though, Miu doesn't want to be ignored. In that case, she could be purposefully clumsy to the extent that she ends up in such a different position because she wants the attention...

Or maybe she's just so used to being chronically clumsy to the point where doing multiple odd stunts midair has become a norm for her, or landing in embarrassing positions. You know what I'm talking about.

Sometimes, constant apology can be annoying, when they make the same mistake over and over again. And most likely why people might dislike her if they find her annoying and try to avoid her. She's the type of timid, broken soul where even if someone likes her, she would believe that they are tolerating her for the sake of whatever they are doing at that moment. Sympathizing with her, pitying her... (I don't think she likes that, but anyways), she believes that people don't really care. That no matter what happens, she'd just be forgotten in time. Her thought process is essentially: "if people don't want to do something (abuse) me, they don't care about me and want nothing to do with me."

But that also means she cares about what other people think. She wants to help, reduce conflict, and is willing to be self-effacing, sacrificing herself for the greater good, so long as everyone mistreats her instead of another. So long as everyone else is happy, rather. All in all, she's a very selfless kind of character.

But she's also comedic relief, and she makes me smile when I write her. I don't know. Is there more to her character? You tell me.
Daisz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top