[RMT] Phantom Menace - Ghost Knight Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT] Phantom Menace - Ghost Knight Team

Post by Shion on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:32 pm

hey, its the first RMT i'm making, and I've been struggling a bit to build one team for it. i've used it a few times and it works somewhat well, but there's always room for improvement which is why i'm here.
but anyway, without further ado, here's the gohst team i was able to assemble

Golurk @ Leftovers  
Ability: No Guard  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Dynamic Punch  
- Phantom Force  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake

Golurk will be your lead most of the time to set up Stealth Rock. dynamic punch becomes a reliable damage source thanks to the no guard ability and also puts the opponent in confusion, phanton force and earthquake are there for coverage, since both get stab from golurk's ghost/ground typing. it's not a pokemon meant to last really, but it can mess up with the opponent before fainting
===

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers  
Ability: Mummy  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA  
Bold Nature  
- Calm Mind  
- Will-o-Wisp/Toxic  
- Hex  
- Protect/Pain Split

This set is aimed to wear down the opponent as much as possible. calm mind allows cofagrigus to match up its lower special defense and give it a boost to its special attack, The choice between Will-o-Wisp and toxic boils down to what you preffer, Will-o-Wisp will make you even tankier physically and the only typing you will have to worry with is fire, since they can't be burned, Toxic on the other hand mkes for much better stalling option thanks to it's ever increasing damage but will be less accessible, since steel and poison types can't be afflicted by it. Hex syncs quite well with Will-o-Wisp and Toxic, allowing you to have a high base power STAB move. the last move slot is also a matter of prefference, Protect can let you stall oponents with your status move as well as scout your opponent and Pain Split provides a more reliable recover than the leftovers
===

Gengar @ Life Orb  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Shadow Ball  
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Destiny Bond

This is your run-of-the-mill Gengar set. Gengar shows to be a pretty solid special sweeper, Shadow ball and Sludge Wave being great STAB moves and dazzling gleam showing a good coverage against Dark-Type pokemon, Destiny bond allows you to trade Gengar for one of the opponent's pokemon when you can outright KO them with an offensive move. there's not a lot to say about this set.
===

Hoopa @ Sitrus Berry/Life Orb  
Ability: Magician  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA  
Quiet Nature    
- Trick Room  
- Hyperspace Hole  
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast/Signal Beam  

A somewhat Decent sweeper too. its natural special defense along with the investment in HP allows hoopa to be quite bulky against special attacks, enough to be able to set Trick Room. Hyperspace Hole might be it's most relliable move, since it's a STAB move with decent base power that hits through all sorts of protection, being only walled out by Dark-types. Shadow Ball is also a good option for a stab move in case the target resists psychic. Now of course, this set is bodied by Dark-Types (which Hoopa wouldn't want to stay in front of due to 4x weakness to it) so you can carry either Focus Blast or Signal Beam, depending on what you preffer. The item Choice can be a bit tricky, Life Orb can be a good way to boost your damage but it's gonna eat up hoopa's HP, Sitrus Berry can give hoopa a bigger bulk to set up Trick Room and allows you to use you Magician ability, this is a double edged sword though, as you might find yourself in awkward situations when stealing an unwanted item like a Choice Scarf or a Black Sludge
===

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy  
Ability: Stance Change  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
- King's Shield  
- Iron Head  
- Shadow Claw/ Shadow Sneak  
- Sacred Sword

This is a more offensive set. your main objective is to trigger weakness policy without losing a big chunk of your health. King's Shield is essential to Aegislash, since it's what will allow it to switch between forms, it will also lower the opponent's attack if it makes contact which, in turn, might make it easier to trigger weakness policy. I ron head will be your bread-and-butter of the set, you can choose between Shadow claw or Shadow sneak deppending of what you want: a high damage move to when the rest of your set can't deal with or a good priority move to finish off weakened opponents. Sacred Sword is there to deal with normal and dark types. Aegislash can take advantage of Hoopa's trick room, in case hoopa faints before the trick room fades or you find a good switch from Hoopa to Aegislash.
===

Banette (M) @ Banettite  
Ability: Frisk  
EVs: 124 HP / 132 Atk / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Sucker Punch  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Shadow Sneak/Phantom Force  
- Protect/Destiny Bond

and for the mega of the team, Banette. frisk is really the most useful ability in can have, as it will allow you to scout the opponent's item before Mega-Evolving, Banette also gets a big attack boosts when it mega-evolves so it can afford to put some EVs on another stat instead of fully investing on attack. Sucker Punch serves as a priority move for Banette, and it will hit pretty hard thanks to its high attack stat. Will-o-Wisp will help you cripple the opponent and even survive some hits. Phantom Force and Shadow Sneak are the same case with Aegislash: would you rather have a reliable damage sourse or a more reliable priority attack for when sucker punch doesnt work? Protect will give you a safe mega evolution and the ability to burn stall the opponent, though destiny bond will allow you to trade banette for another pokemon for when it can't do anything else. Like Aegislash, Banette can also use Hoopa'sd Trick Room to it's advantage due to its low speed, though this only matters if you decide to run Phantom Force instead of Shadow Sneak

please tell me if there's anything i can do to improve this team
Shion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT] Phantom Menace - Ghost Knight Team

Post by Enchidio on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:04 pm

Stone Edge over Phantom Force on Golurk. Not too useful and Stone Edge abuses no Guard + has great coverage due to EdgeQuake.
You can replace Dazzling Gleam with Focus Blast since it does more damage, but if you're afraid of missing, you can still use it. Hits steel, though.
Run Trick Room over Protect if you want the team to be better. Hoopa can't be your only setter.
Actually, why use Gengar if you're using a Trick Room team? You could use Chandelure, instead. You could use Calm Mind...

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball

or all out attacker.

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Psyshock is better over Hyperspace Hole because even though it doesn't hit through protection, it allows you to be "mixed", allowing you to hit special walls at their weak point.
248 HP/252 Def/8 SpD is a better spread for Aegislash.
Don't use M-Banette. It looks good but it really, REALLY isn't. You can use either of Giratina's forms better.

Special Resttalk Giratina-A
Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Physical Giratina-O
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak

Special Giratina-O
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power/Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt??? idk i've never run special giratina-o, all i know is that it's viable

My personal favorite is Resttalk Giratina-A, but it's up to you.
You can also use Mega Sableye, but sadly, I have no idea how to use it, so I can't think of any sets.
That's all I can say. I hope you succeed in the future.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im a voice
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:31 am

Enchidio wrote:Stone Edge over Phantom Force on Golurk. Not too useful and Stone Edge abuses no Guard + has great coverage due to EdgeQuake.
You can replace Dazzling Gleam with Focus Blast since it does more damage, but if you're afraid of missing, you can still use it. Hits steel, though.
Run Trick Room over Protect if you want the team to be better. Hoopa can't be your only setter.
Actually, why use Gengar if you're using a Trick Room team? You could use Chandelure, instead. You could use Calm Mind...

Chandelure @ Life Orb  
Quiet Nature  
- Fire Blast  
- Calm Mind  
- Substitute  
- Shadow Ball

or all out attacker.

Chandelure @ Life Orb  
Quiet Nature  
- Fire Blast  
- Energy Ball  
- Psychic  
- Shadow Ball

Psyshock is better over Hyperspace Hole because even though it doesn't hit through protection, it allows you to be "mixed", allowing you to hit special walls at their weak point.
248 HP/252 Def/8 SpD is a better spread for Aegislash.
Don't use M-Banette. It looks good but it really, REALLY isn't. You can use either of Giratina's forms better.

Special Resttalk Giratina-A
Giratina @ Leftovers  
Ability: Pressure  
Relaxed Nature  
- Calm Mind  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Rest  
- Sleep Talk

Physical Giratina-O
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Brave Nature  
- Shadow Force  
- Dragon Claw  
- Earthquake  
- Shadow Sneak

Special Giratina-O
Quiet Nature  
- Shadow Ball  
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power/Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt??? idk i've never run special giratina-o, all i know is that it's viable

My personal favorite is Resttalk Giratina-A, but it's up to you.
You can also use Mega Sableye, but sadly, I have no idea how to use it, so I can't think of any sets.
That's all I can say. I hope you succeed in the future.
I know you wanna help, but did you see the name of the thread? It said Ghost Knight. Yes mega banette sucks badly but if you want a mega it's your only choice with mega sableye banned now. Anyhow Enchi has some proven points there, why would you run gengar on a TR team. Chandy is a nice choice but I think you need a specially defensive tank so I'm here to provide some options:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb/Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
-Recover
-Scald/Water Spout
-Hex

I think Jellicent is one of the famous special tank for ghost, you can totally choose between Water Absorb or Cursed Body based on your preference since both give nice benefits. You can choose between wow and toxic for crippling opponents, recover is your main sustain to stall, hex is a hard hitting STAB move when your opponent is statused and you can choose between Scald and Water Spout since you're bulky and jellicent has decent HP too though for me if you choose WoW you go for Spout, if you choose Toxic you go for Scald since WoW cripples physical attackers and they'll deal less damage meaning you can hit them with a hard water spout/hex, while if you choose Toxic and Scald you can possibly have a burn and a toxic in a single mon with scald's 30% chance burn.
Another tank option is Gourgeist, but I don't run Special Defensive Gourgeist so I can't give you any sets .-.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:20 pm

Oh, I need to read. M-Banette can still be replaced for something better like reg Sableye, Dusknoir, Dusclops, or like Allyson said, Jellicent.

Last edited by Enchidio on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : he already has aegi in his team)

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im a voice
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:58 am

Enchidio wrote:Oh, I need to read. M-Banette can still be replaced for something better like reg Sableye, Aegislash, Dusknoir, Dusclops, or like Allyson said, Jellicent.
Oh yes I forgot aobut Sableye haha. Regular Sableye can sub for Mega Banette too since I think it's a better prankster user for ghost
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:01 pm

M-Banette can struggle to find a place on a team, but with TR, I think it can do pretty well, only for a bit, anyways.

I'm questioning why your running 252 SpD evs on M-Banette, rather than using it on atk.

Banette (M) @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 124 HP /252 Atk / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Phantom Force/Shadow Sneak
- Destiny Bond

You may as well run max attack and gain the most out of Banette-M's super neat attack stat. Don't run max SpD EVs because due to how frail it is, it won't live long anyways. Prankster D-Bond gets something killed when Trick Room runs out, and Phantom Force or Shadow Sneak is up to you.
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top