Killing, what's your opinion about it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Killing, what's your opinion about it?

Post by Shion on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:10 pm

i don't generally like when a character just gets killed on a CQ. it pretty much offs them away from the room for one or two hours (unless you pick a different nickname, but that's just scummy)

that being said, i do get why sometimes people do it. they don't want to be bothered by someone that's nagging on them, they want to add some depth to the RP, those are cool uses of the killing rule in CQ, but still... by failing one knightship battle, there's a chance won't even be able to participate, and i guess that just rubs me the wrong way.

but anyway, what are your opinions on that rule?
Shion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Killing, what's your opinion about it?

Post by Fraction on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 pm

I don't see why people are still bitchy over it (not pointing any fingers). Killing was ALWAYS allowed, not just recently. It just wasn't stated in the doc.

You can also come back as another character, so it doesn't really matter if you kill or if you don't. Why do people still complain about it?
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:31 am

Conquest is WAR. People die during war, that's the harsh truth. Killing is never forced, but what with Neb's power-hungry warlord OC running the CQ-scape recently, of course edgy kids are going to try and suck up to their lord and saviour by imitating his actions. If you don't like it, I recommend just staying away from CQ.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:19 am

Even if CQ is war, it's no necessary to kill. Sure guys who are good at CQ and have a rather ... martial approach in their OC design ( Let me name two: Neb and Rosabel. ) kill the people they beat, yes. But still, you don't have to kill. I for myself only have two lord OCs in CQ who outright kill. My others have other ways of dealing with people they beat, as rare as it happens.

Plus, there's still the thing that while you don't need to ask for kill perms, you can still ask for your OC to be spared. I'm a lord that would spare if I'm asked, and I'm not the only one. Asking is common sense. We can't blame you for trying.
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:28 am

there's nothing really wrong with killing. it happens in almost every roleplay anyway people's OCs die every two goddamn seconds in MM what's the big deal? okay your character just got decapitated because you lost a battle 6-0. suck it up and wait for another opportunity to join lmao
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shion on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:37 pm

Welp, I guess someone was watching when that happened.
yea i can't say i wasn't salty when that happened.

still, that's my opinion on killing in RPs, and i know that MM centers around killing, which is why i never actually join one. It's worse than CQ, since it happens without any second warning
Shion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:06 am

Killing is always part of the war, it's an all-out war after all. Anyways it's always a tip to not actually use your actual OCs (the OCs you actually worked hard with and have probably used) in Conquest since killing an OC is completely legal with or without permission, what I usually do is make random characters that pop up in my head (I'm pretty sure some/most do this in a Conquest) so that the casualty of death is not really too much. It's just all up to you really, but what's dead is dead and I'm pretty sure there's no zombies in conquest.
I'm not all against killing, as long as it's done in a proper and non-gory way since gore is not allowed in the room. If someone does killing correctly I think they can actually form some decent plot.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisz on Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:22 pm

I don't see why the "Generally recommended" part on the kill perms rule is even still there, given nobody has ever asked for kill perms before. Just take it off. Just say, "Kill perms are automatically given, with no way of denying or avoiding them". Wouldn't that be more correct?
Daisz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shockfrost on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:52 pm

I'm thinking that just killing right off is uncool and unfair. I use one character typically, you've probably seen her; Lady Volt. I use her because I'm used to using that character, and I don't want to have to rebuild and rebuild teams. I do have others, but...

Eghh.

I just think that perms for lord-lord fight should be required for killing. The same goes for Knight-Knight. A Knight should not be allowed to kill a Lord, but a Lord can kill a Knight without a word afterwards.

I've RPed against Neb and, recently, there's an ultamatum with Volt.

Not going into specifics.

Shockfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top