mass highlighting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mass highlighting

Post by Lawful Evil on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:31 pm

hey guys its ya boi lawful evil here for the third time today to talk about a smaller issue

alight, so this post won't be very long since it isn't anything too big, but let's talk about mass highlighting. mass highlighting refers to typing only a couple sentences(if any sentences at all) and then highlighting like, 4 to 6 people at a time during freeform roleplays, especially freeroam. it's annoying, spammy, and clogs up the chat. now, let's learn what exactly this looks like, and how to avoid it since you don't wanna look like a Professional Asshatâ„¢.

here's an example i came up with:
'Lava(Flareon): jumps into the bush, hiding. (Bark(Houndour), Ace(Lucario), Gooey(Slugma), Rockstar(Pikachu), Jolt(Jolteon).'
and here's an actual example from a freeroam, names have been censored:
• +XXXXX(X-XXXXXXX) Looks at XXXXXXX "It's ok" ((XXXX(XXXXX), XXXXXXX(XXXXXXXXXX, XXX!XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, XXXXXX (XXXXXX), XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXX))

now, that's an example of mass highlighting. 'Lava' only wrote one sentence and highlighted four people, which is more than his actual roleplaying. now, don't do that. it's cluttered and annoying. instead, at least try and make an effort to write a little more than three sentences if you're highlighting that amount of people. plus, you probably shouldn't be roleplaying with 5+ people in the first place in freeroam because it's generally hard to keep track of your plot and things get out of hand quickly. in my opinion, the most people you should be roleplaying with at one time is three, including yourself(exceptions can be made). if you want to avoid mass highlighting by accident, make sure you're not roleplaying with too many people, and if you're roleplaying with more than two other people, make sure you can write enough to negate mass highlighting(what i mean: write at least enough so your highlight list isn't longer than your actual roleplaying message).

TL;DR: don't highlight 5+ people if you're only going to write one or two sentences in freeroam.

make sure to like+subscribe for more Nitpickful Evil!

any names in the example shared with actual people is purely coincidental.

Last edited by Lawful Evil on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lawful Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: mass highlighting

Post by Liziee on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:44 am

i Will Not Subscribe.

Also, I agree with this. When you hl that many people, all you see in chat are usernames rather than words. It breaks the ratio.
Liziee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top