Why Am I Acting Scarce? Reasons Explained.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Am I Acting Scarce? Reasons Explained.

Post by Darkness (Umbreon) on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:22 pm

So, hey guys. Darkness/Morgan here. A lot of people might notice I'm not talking much, or I've been barely doing anything for the room as of recent.

The question is, why?

Reason 1: This will be the least concerning reason of them all. Because I feel so outdated and I get mostly told off by the chat for banning someone who is a troll or whatnot, and to be fair, even when I owe up to it being a mistake, I feel that because I've been trodden on so much, I can't physically handle it because of how much I feel I let down the chat and how much I have "fucked up". I'm so used to being praised, this turn-around just shocks me.

Reason 2: I honestly don't feel that connected to the room anymore. The users aren't the problem. It's the fact that I'm growing up and as life continues, I feel a bit left out on PS because I can't catch up as much. It feels a bit sad for me because I really can't talk to my friends often, and even when I do, they can barely remember me.

Reason 3: College. Starting Music Technology Level 2 by the 21st (two days before my birthday.)

Reason 4: Okay, this is the one I've been dreading to say, but here goes. Recently I've had some family problems, and I barely let my true problems show on the internet, but this is just one exception. My parents had a bloody fight (literally, glass was smashed and both mum and dad were physically hurt), and it got so bad to the point dad was driven out. The emotional impact has really changed for me and I honestly can't deal with just living with my mum. I heavily rely on my mum and dad to help me direct me through the right paths of life, but sadly it just can't be now that dad doesn't live with us. It feels fucking empty. Seeing the scars on mum and dad from that night have really impacted on my vision of things and my self-confidence has been dragged to the Earth's core, and Christ, it really burns me. I love my parents both equally, but not having the support of both of them in the household is driving me insane, and I really wouldn't like to take it out on you guys/gals. But because I'm so frightened to talk as of recently, and I just need that bump in confidence.

Reason 5: I generally feel lost without my old friends. Nekis, Jolty, Bantam, Marx, the crew before everything turned out them getting banned and/or demoted.

I know it's rare for me to come out like this, but this feels like a major step.

Take care.

Signed,

Morgan/Darkness.

22:21 PM (GMT), 16th August 2016.

Take me for a spin, take it easy, make it redline, make it whine. Make it so we are hitting the high 90's. Make it so we are screaming our lungs out with joy as they get filled with the very smoke from the burning rubber. Do that, and we'll be great friends.

Darkness (Umbreon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Am I Acting Scarce? Reasons Explained.

Post by MeatNoob on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Hey, man. Just came to read this and say that we understand that feeling of being left out or being away from the room for one reason, two reasons, or five. I got that feeling too, but.. The room didn't feel right for me anymore. It's not as enjoying, and I don't feel connected to the users of the room anymore. Thanks for being honest. We'll all support you as much as we can.

Congratulations for getting out of your shell and telling us, too. As nerve-wracking as that post may have been for you, being out of your comfort zone can be a risk-taker. As someone who's lost all before, I can relate.

Good luck, dude.
MeatNoob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness (Umbreon) on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Strongly appreciated, Meaty.

Take me for a spin, take it easy, make it redline, make it whine. Make it so we are hitting the high 90's. Make it so we are screaming our lungs out with joy as they get filled with the very smoke from the burning rubber. Do that, and we'll be great friends.

Darkness (Umbreon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:36 pm

well, i hate to be the downer on an emotional thread, but i'd like to point something out about the first reason

"I'm so used to being praised, this turn-around just shocks me."
well, tough luck buddy, i know you get a lot of users who suck up to you, but you're not always going to be praised for every move you make. people can and will shit on you for the majority of the things you do as a staff member since there's always some person who thinks that it's wrong. i can see why you said the first reason was un-concerning because it isn't really a problem. take what people say in stride and don't let the fact that you're realizing just now that people can hate you get you down.

good luck with the rest of your stuff though
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arya the Glaceon on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Darkness.. People do appreciate you. Please don't feel so left out. Sad I'm sorry you feel this way. To be honest, I kinda know what you mean, friend-wise. I've had friends here that were banned too, Nekis included. And the room definitely isn't the same; it's always changing. But that's to be expected; nothing can stay the same forever, sadly. Sad I don't really know most of the people on, and I only have a small band of friends that I still see online. As for everybody who puts you down, they're just haters and you should ignore them. What do you care what they think, when you've got friends who think the world of you! It's not like you're trying to please them, but the people who matter.

I hope you keep coming online. You're a good friend and an awesome mod!
Arya the Glaceon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness (Umbreon) on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Lawful Evil wrote:well, i hate to be the downer on an emotional thread, but i'd like to point something out about the first reason

"I'm so used to being praised, this turn-around just shocks me."
well, tough luck buddy, i know you get a lot of users who suck up to you, but you're not always going to be praised for every move you make. people can and will shit on you for the majority of the things you do as a staff member since there's always some person who thinks that it's wrong. i can see why you said the first reason was un-concerning because it isn't really a problem. take what people say in stride and don't let the fact that you're realizing just now that people can hate you get you down.

good luck with the rest of your stuff though

It's not the matter of being 'sucked up' to, it's usually the fact that people generally understand the reasoning beyond what I do. Now I don't feel that I could be that much use anymore because it's constant arguing and I can't be honestly fucked with it. Thank you for the luck, though. Appreciate it heavily.

Darkness (Umbreon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness (Umbreon) on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Arya the Glaceon wrote:Darkness.. People do appreciate you. Please don't feel so left out. Sad I'm sorry you feel this way. To be honest, I kinda know what you mean, friend-wise. I've had friends here that were banned too, Nekis included. And the room definitely isn't the same; it's always changing. But that's to be expected; nothing can stay the same forever, sadly. Sad I don't really know most of the people on, and I only have a small band of friends that I still see online. As for everybody who puts you down, they're just haters and you should ignore them. What do you care what they think, when you've got friends who think the world of you! It's not like you're trying to please them, but the people who matter.

I hope you keep coming online. You're a good friend and an awesome mod!

Nekis was a lad. He deserves another chance in my opinion, but shit happens. I expect change, but. . . all of this at once is kind of overwhelming. Thank you for the concern, and I appreciate the support heavily. I probably am appreciated, but I just don't get shown that, if it makes sense to you? But anyway. Cheers.

Darkness (Umbreon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyDeoxys on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:47 pm

i'll probably be able to say a lot more, but good luck, and i'll miss you! always feel free if you wanna talk on Skype (if i'm ever on there lol), and do what i can, hopefully without hurting too much. whilst i don't understand some of the staffing hardships, i can share some of the latter, distraught emotions, and hope you experience better, as things like this happen, and we gotta accept things we aren't always going to take well.
FluffyDeoxys

View user profile http://mecha-crobat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness (Umbreon) on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:49 pm

FluffyDeoxys wrote:i'll probably be able to say a lot more, but good luck, and i'll miss you! always feel free if you wanna talk on Skype (if i'm ever on there lol), and do what i can, hopefully without hurting too much. whilst i don't understand some of the staffing hardships, i can share some of the latter, distraught emotions, and hope you experience better, as things like this happen, and we gotta accept things we aren't always going to take well.

Not leaving PS. . .

. . . Yet. But still, I am grateful for any support, and to be fair, we have had a crack up with some jokes 'n whatnot. We should have more banter-tastic conversations at somepoint. Many thanks.

Darkness (Umbreon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:56 pm

...dang.
Well... I suck at this, so let me just... try.

Er, Morgan. It's clear you've been going through alot. Just mentioning it makes me feel idiotic. But, if it helps, I want you to know that, well, you're really important to me. I can always come to you whenever I feel like venting/sharing a thought or simply shitposting and spamming your PMs. I want you to feel the same. I've witnessed family members (not mentioning the exact relation although I've talked about this before) litetarally punching and just hurting each other to death, and me not being able to do anything hurts. But, It'll never be a similar feel than watching one's parents involved in such a horrible event, as far as I'm concerned. Trying not to mention it. *cough* Anyway, I'm personally inviting you to try. I dunno... You sort out in which way yourself, I'm awful at giving advice. Just, don't try too hard. You're gonna end up like me. Sorry for not being completely serious, heh. Just proves that I'm horrible at advice-giving. Eh, you know, even if it isn't much, I'm always willing to hear you out, if you ever feel like coming to me. I'm willing to do alot to put a smile on your face, even if it includes making a fool out of myself, something I'm ridiculously good at. But, of course, you already know that. xP
Ily~

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:20 am

Okay, I've got to say this.

It's strange how relatable your issues are. ( maybe except 5 because I don't exactly seem to have banned friends. )
In all honesty, though, it's understandable. I've silenced down on PS aswell compared to like, when I joined the site. I understand that familiar troubles are a huge mess to deal with and have to be resolved, and I'm pretty damn sure I'm not the only one. If you feel like you need a break to fix that, go ahead and do it. It won't get easier the longer you wait, cliffs may open that time renders unmountable. I speak from experience, good sir.

I understand that being staff is a hard job as people don't respect you for what you're doing. ( I'm no exception, you probably remember the incident I'm hinting at. I haven't said things as nice as I could have, and I'm apologizing hereby. ) You're doing this in your spare time, it's a voluntarily taken-on position, isn't it? A good amount of users has to get this into their heads. Staff isn't a bunch of robots. We're humans with feelings. Feelings that can be broken, that can make us suffer.

I admit that I'm a person that says things when I feel they need addressing. I also admit that I tend to say things much more blunt than what's probably good for me, but my line of thought is that if it's not bluntly laid into people's faces, they'd just either shrug it off or think "Hey I'm not a part of that that guy can babble over his shit." I stand by that sentiment, it is how I roll, nothing else. I know that we can't be right at all times, in everything that we do, since after all nobody's perfect.

You don't have to take on a similar stance as I do, not trying to influence you, just saying that your issues are to a major part relatable for other users, not just me ( as you've likely seen in the previous posts. )

We're humans, Morgan. No machines. Skynet is no reality yet. Go ahead and fix your life if it's deemed necessary. Life has priority over watching a room on a PG-13 website. I'm sure staff will be tolerating your decisions. Good luck, and stay in, 'right?
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:08 am

I feel kind of guilty. I know you've tried to come out with your problems a lot of time and I know how hard it is for you.

I understand what you're going through IRL. Seriously, I do. I've experienced some family issues too, and they're having a big impact on me. I also know what it feels like to live in the shadow of other users and feeling... 'irrelevant'.

I feel guilty for not being able to help you. I'm bad at this, I know. But, take some time off PS, that is what I suggest you. You shouldn't let the site distract you. And take care, friend, I sincerely hope everything works out for you.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness (Umbreon) on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:34 am

Thank you for understanding, guys. I'm glad you are there to understand and help, and surely one day, I will return the favour. <3

Darkness (Umbreon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:34 pm

enchi's posting? woo guys this is rare nowadays
Anyway, Darkness, I know how it feels to have a lot of things in your life that prevents you from doing much. When you ban/mute someone, I do appreciate it, and I'm sure a lot of other people do. I'm sorry that your parents fought and I hope that some sort of miracle happens that changes everything because you don't deserve pain.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im an OFFICIAL CHRISTIAN DRIVER
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up with details
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness (Umbreon) on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:53 pm

Enchidio wrote:enchi's posting? woo guys this is rare nowadays
Anyway, Darkness, I know how it feels to have a lot of things in your life that prevents you from doing much. When you ban/mute someone, I do appreciate it, and I'm sure a lot of other people do. I'm sorry that your parents fought and I hope that some sort of miracle happens that changes everything because you don't deserve pain.

I try my best to keep the room happy. Thanks bro. Also, appreciate the support.

Darkness (Umbreon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top