[RMT] It's Raining Offense (water rain offense)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT] It's Raining Offense (water rain offense)

Post by Endurr on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:44 pm

Hello, hello! I've never thought much of an RMT here but after stumbling onto this team on my old desktop, I decided "why not make a rmt lOL" so here it is.

Manaphy @ Salac Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance/Ice Beam
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball

The star of my team. It gets to setup rain, or have ice coverage if you don't want to set rain. I gave it some HP EVs so it could bulk attacks, and hopefully trigger the Salac Berry, in which the EVs can be used to creep things like Adamant Excadrill. One Tail Glow, and it can 2HKO most of its walls.

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

This. THIS. Omastar's neat 115 base special attack + it's speed under rain + specs + rain boost + stab hits hard. want proof?
252+ SpA Choice Specs Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 261-307 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock | Sure, it doesn't seem like much, but 2HKOing Chansey after SR? I thought that's impressive. Anyways, with Ice, Rock, and Ground coverage, it can hit pretty hard.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Rain Dance

Casual defensive Alomomola set, with Rain Dance. It's a Wish Passer with 534 HP, man oh man. Scald is there to deal some damage, boosted under rain, as well as for burn chance. I have it as my 2nd Rain Dance setter due to how tanky it is, and it should be able to live while setting it up.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic
- Encore

Mandatory Drizzle Politoed, it's got nice defensive stats and can summon Rain upon switching, therefore freeing up a moveslot. Scald is there to once again, deal damage and burn. Toxic can be given to a mon to poison them and wear em down. Protect protects you from incoming damage, and wears it down even more. Encore's there to lock a Pokemon into something they don't want to be locked into.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet/Waterfall
- Knock Off

Swift Swim Kabutops, a hard hitting and fast physical attacker. Use Hone Claws and ensure that you hit Stone Edge, a powerful STAB for Kabutops. Aqua Jet is nice Water STAB Priority, but Waterfall is much more powerful, but doesn't have priority. Knock Off is a casual hard hitting move, removing items from Pokemon.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roar

Empoleon, my SR setter, my defogger, phazer, and special tank. It can take some special hits, and is my form of hazard control incase if it gets too bad. Hydro Pump is a powerful STAB coming from it's uninvested decent special stat. Roar phazes pokemon and removes boosts from them.

Thanks for reading this far, and please, give me suggestions!
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT] It's Raining Offense (water rain offense)

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:30 am

Wouldn't it be better if your manaphy had Calm Mind instead? Since Tail Glow manaphy has its own holes like not being able to outspeed scarf users or something. Maybe making it like the Crocune set and you can abuse hydration to wake up immediately. Not really sure about the EVs though but it's just an idea since just tail glow on manaphy is kinda full of holes. Anyhow very nice team, it's evident that you've thought of this very well. Your main problem here will probably be Grass and Steel since your coverage against them aren't that good and all the taunt users (fast and prankster taunt users), I would've recommended a Mega-Swampert but you already have your Manaphy. Will all of that said, good job teambuilding and good luck on using it.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:44 am

Just a suggestion/preference but imo no rain team is complete without a Ludi. Your choice tho. Also, because Politoed can tank most special hits, I personally use eject button to get an extra turn in rain and lets your sweeper not take the hit from switching in.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:32 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:Wouldn't it be better if your manaphy had Calm Mind instead? Since Tail Glow manaphy has its own holes like not being able to outspeed scarf users or something. 
If you're not using Tail Glow manaphy, you shouldn't be using manaphy at all. 

Try kingdra over Omastar, it can deal with dragon easier, since you don't have azumarill, and it also has much higher speed.

You should also try Eject Button on politoed, so you'd get a free switch in whenever it gets hit by an attack.

Also you have absolutely no way to deal with electric types, you should try Lanturn or Swampert over something...
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:54 am

Neb wrote:Try kingdra over Omastar, it can deal with dragon easier, since you don't have azumarill, and it also has much higher speed.

You should also try Eject Button on politoed, so you'd get a free switch in whenever it gets hit by an attack.

Also you have absolutely no way to deal with electric types, you should try Lanturn or Swampert over something...

I use Eject Button Poli now, so it's good. Kingdra over Omastar seems to be a pretty good choice to me, but I like using Omastar. As for Electric types, I could replace Empoleon with Swampert as my rocks setter, and give Kabutops Rapid Spin, or something.

Cave Hamster Cubone wrote:Just a suggestion/preference but imo no rain team is complete without a Ludi

well my team's complete without it kappa
Jokes aside, Ludicolo is a good Swift Swim user, but I don't feel like it has a spot on my teams.

allyson (ninetales) wrote:Your main problem here will probably be Grass and Steel since your coverage against them aren't that good and all the taunt users (fast and prankster taunt users)
I'm worried about grass, yes. Ice Beam's my only move for it. Steel, however, isn't too big of a deal due to Water resisting it and hitting it for neutral damage.

Thanks for the input, everyone!
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:06 pm

howdy

kingdra is literally the reason to use swift swim. politoed is literally all you need for rain, you don't need the shit momentum drain that mola is. kingdra>mola. specs draco dragon pulse surf what fucking ever in the last slot you ain't going to be using shit other than your stabs anyway

politoed can run rest>protect because YOU AIN'T STALLING FOR TURNS WHEN U GOT LIMITED TURNS ANYWAY

i have zero idea why you're using manaphy without psychic, it's literally only passable because it kills venu, but u seem to be having fun with it so i feel somewhat bad by suggesting a good manaphy set.

use palkia webs its the best archetype anyway :]

Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top