Fighting Knight Team with ft. M-Gallade

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fighting Knight Team with ft. M-Gallade

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:31 am

Hey all so yeah I have this Fighting Knight Team I've been playing for some time already. I'm just looking for ways to improve my team so here it is, feel free to suggest things that can help my team. Thanks in advance.

Needs Rain Dish (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed
Breloom is one of those that are needed in a Fighting-type team with Technician Mach Punch all the way (okay maybe not all the way since it's not SD Breloom). Kinda Standard Breloom set without the SD since I need something against Flying and Fire other Machamp's Stone Edge. I chose to sash Breloom since Sporing to sleep an opponent is vitally important for this team, it opens up keys like a safe switch or a chance to set up.

Monkey Sees U (Infernape) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endure
- Endeavor
Okay another weird set I came up with, since I cannot have 2 sashes in my team (yes, I'm p sure someone told me that long ago). SR Infernape suicide with the taunt and endeavor so that one of my pokemon will just use a prio move to kill it or the rocks will kill it when switched out. Endure so that I can ensure 1% HP and Custap to counter pokemon with effective priority move. Taunt is also useful to counter other set up users which usually don't outspeed Infernape.

Life Orb Chest (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
Too much priority Toxicroak, Yes I know but it's an effective counter for Fairies. Toxicroak is like the best Azumarill counter for fighting since it cant be killed by a Aqua Jet. I have 3 priority moves to help me, on a switch in basis I'd go Fake Out, then against Fairy I use Bullet Punch, and against Psychic I use Sucker Punch and Gunk Shot is my one and only STAB. I added Life Orb so that his damage isn't too little with almost all his move non-STAB.

Back Abs (Machamp) @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
Standard Machamp with the Assault Vest. This mon has proved himself better than Assault Vest Conkeldurr, though he doesn't have guts the No Guard Dynamic Punch & Stone Edge is totally appreciated. I added Bullet Punch as a priority move and a Knock Off as filler and eviolite destroyer. Machamp has decent bulk so he can mostly take 2 hits from non-effective attacks most of the time.

Youngster Joey (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
Okay I don't know what I'm doing on this one. I needed a special sweeper and apparently this is the only decent one, not to be mean but Special Lucario isn't half bad at all. Life Orb gives a nice + for the damage Flash Cannon is my main Steel STAB move while Vacuum Wave is a nice prio + STAB move, I also have Nasty Plot to set up and breakthrough. You might be asking why Focus Blast over Aura Sphere, it's because the high damage of Focus Blast is just too damn hard to ignore, I also thought that I can't always set up a Nasty Plot so why not add a high BP STAB move in case.

Edge Everywhere (Gallade) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
My main man, edge lord gallade. I chose to use Mega Gallade since I don't appreciate Mega Medicham's lack of speed even with its Pure Power. I used to have SD on this one but then discovered how effective Bulk Up is with full Specially Defensive EVs so I can tank hits from non-effective moves since Gallade has decent SpDef already and he already has respectable attack too. I chose Drain Punch as a sustain after the bulk ups and Zen Headbutt as a Psychic-type STAB move, Shadow Sneak is also a nice prio and killer of Psychic-types so I kept that.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fighting Knight Team with ft. M-Gallade

Post by Marshall De Vos on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:25 am

Who ever said more than one sash is illegal? I don't remember any of that, plus I know someone who consistently runs a 6-sash dragon team in CQ. ( no names here )
Eh, anyway, I don't think running sash on Infernape would void your team, so you can go on and replace Endure with something else ( CC, Overheat, heck even mach punch if you want to be that kind of an endeavor bitch ).

As for Lucario, even if Focus Blast is way stronger, I'd still run Aura Sphere Neutral Okay this is probably just me speaking but FB will just always miss exactly when you don't want it to miss. Actually, I run special Lucario myself, and I forego Aura Sphere on my sets for a coverage move, Flash Cannon hits hard enough most of the time and Vacuum Wave cleans. I use Psychic or Dark Pulse as coverage on it, dependant on what you want to hit more. Neb is probably going to kill me for this.

I know No Guard Machamp is a hax machine, but with AV, I actually think it would do better with having Guts. You may lose the dynamic confusion hax but in return Machamp also has access to CC and Drain Punch dependant on damage or more tanky survivability since non-guts champ doesn't really like burns. Stone Edge is there to hit Flying, I guess, so while it's weaker, Ice Punch may also be an option if you switch to Guts. Still kills Flying types unless they're Ho-oh or something else.

Just my two cents, okay? ;;
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:45 am

Breloom looks okay.

Infernape set isn't good. If you're using that much bulk at least use physical crippler (OU meme) or something. Two sashes aren't wrong. Two leads aren't, either. If take out Endure and use Fire Blast. 

On Toxicroak, replace either Fake Out or Bullet Punch with Swords Dance. Both do equal amount of damage, and just cost you the Life Orb damage. Swords Dance increases the power you can get out of Sucker Punch and Gunk Shot.

Machamp seems fine.

Lucario seems fine.

I don't know why people think Bulk Up is good on Mega-Gallade? It's not. Swords Dance is just your best option, as even after a Bulk Up, the Def you're getting isn't going to be spectacular. Also you're not using Mega Medi because of its bad speed? And you're using Mega Gallade with zero speed? That just doesn't make sense. Your team is already very slow. I'd suggest you just switch to the regular set.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top