Roleplaying Bot Rewrite: Progress Updates and Suggestions

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Roleplaying Bot Rewrite: Progress Updates and Suggestions

Post by Lux Gracetail on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:50 am

Occupation & Vassaliation also seem difficult to handle. Yes, one of the problems we ran into is the fact that a (good) host isn't a docslave. They're making rule calls on the fly, and possibly running into "grey" areas.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:36 am

Would it be possible to make Bot detect when a legend is being used without permission (e.g. it sees a user whose username contains "Hoopa" but not "Bob" or "Diancie" but not "Morgiana"), and either warn the unauthorized legend user or notify the mods? A system like that would probably discourage the age-old "Dude you can't RP as a legendary you need perms" that shows up so constantly in chat and PMs, even though using legends without permission is very rare.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Mmm... That's an interesting suggestion. I mean, we know their usernames, for the most part... Hm. But it might run into trouble with RO granted legend perms, unless... Hm. It is an idea.

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotom's Pokedex on Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi, there! I have a suggestion.

Perhaps going off of what Spyke said, godmodding can be cut down if you ban certain words such as "teleports to ----" or "uses dagger to stab ---- to death". Of course, the killing would ideally be temporarily taken off for CQ, as death is a factor in it. First Bot could say something like:

[17:37:55] +Roleplaying Bot: Greetings, -----! It seems as if you are godmodding, so please cut down on it. Thank you!

If they do it again, they will be given a warn, then an hour mute. I hope this idea can be of use!
Rotom's Pokedex
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:40 pm

Godmodding is not that cut and dry. It's better left to moderator discretion. Expanding out from your examples:

Mist finishes concentrating, by expending great effort she teleports to Rotom's Pokedex, responding to his plea for help

After the last attack left him at Rico's mercy, Rico uses a dagger to stab Rotom's Pokedex to death.

These are both fine (assuming permission is requested for the stabby stab). I wouldn't want to impact on people who are using this style effectively, just because of those who think their character is a god.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:30 am

Lux Gracetail wrote:It might run into trouble with RO granted legend perms...
An RO-only set of commands (.tempperms give [User], .tempperms take [User], etc.) could fix that problem easily enough, and since Bot already tracks when RPs have ended it could automatically remove people from its perms whitelist at an RP's end. And if you are going down the route of perms-tracking, you could possibly even have it enforce the twice-every-two-days rule, though that'd probably be more difficult since you'd have to detect somehow when somebody's actually RPed and not just talked in OOC.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrover1760 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:53 pm

Dragonite99 wrote:This sounds difficult but maybe add something that will track a user's hidden commands, namely /nick? I've seen trolls get past mutes and bans by switching names and stuff like that, and I know there's a command to see which users leave, join, etc. but I know mods aren't going to pay too much attention to that when they're trying to do mod things.

Ban evasion and evasion of mutes is difficult considering Pokemon Showdown is free to play. Changing IPs is very easy (assuming you can log those, not like it matters). Otherwise... thats literally the only way to track people. nicks are useless, its easy to change. Its more of a Pokemon Showdown issue in my opinion.

Redrover1760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:10 pm

Got another suggestion to throw in here. Maybe .void and .rp could be combined (e.g. "The current RP is Freeroam, in progress for 1:15:31. CQ and MM are void.")? I'm not sure why .void is voice-and-up-only, and it could just be included in the current only-post-in-chat-once-a-minute, PM-otherwise thing. Since "What's void?" is a very frequently-asked question in chat anyway, it could save the mods a job whenever an RP ends.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:52 pm

Spyke (Gallade) wrote:Got another suggestion to throw in here. Maybe .void and .rp could be combined (e.g. "The current RP is Freeroam, in progress for 1:15:31. CQ and MM are void.")? I'm not sure why .void is voice-and-up-only, and it could just be included in the current only-post-in-chat-once-a-minute, PM-otherwise thing. Since "What's void?" is a very frequently-asked question in chat anyway, it could save the mods a job whenever an RP ends.

Um, no, combining the two is unnecessary clutter, and void is voice and up only in main chat, because it's a bold broadcast. You can PM the bot .void [room] for the void of a specific room.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:51 am

Lux Gracetail wrote:You can PM the bot .void [room] for the void of a specific room.
I didn't realize that, and may or may not be dumb. Since there's already a way of finding that out without voice I no longer stand by that suggestion.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Z.Volt on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:55 pm

New Command: Timecheck

Seems as though quite a lot of users usually time check the RP rather than ask what RP it actually is. Thus why not create a command specifically for that? Typing [.tc] will instantly send this message:

*Roleplaying Bot: The RP has been in progress for XX:XX:XX.

It doesn't exactly have to be those words, but the general idea is a time check command. [Storm, out.]
Storm Z.Volt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xck on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:18 pm

i got two notes here, one: personally, i think the timecheck idea is ok, but it just results in unnecessary clutter. like, just typing rp to find the time isnt that difficult, and getting a doc up wouldnt hurt either. and like, no one is judging you and thinking "hm, I wonder if storm is checking the time or is getting the doc?" but thats just my two cents on the matter

but onto my suggestion, i was wondering if maybe when you type .rp into the main chat, along with the doc and time, another message could come up with it, stating whether or not the rp is freejoin. for example,
*Roleplaying Bot: The RP is Murder Mystery || Doc: x, in progress for x:x:xx.
*Roleplaying Bot: The host is x. This RP is not freejoin.
and i know some of the more complex rps would be more wordy, such as conquest, making it difficult to fully explain whether or not its joinable. as far as customs go, maybe just like "PM the host to see if this RP is freejoin".
this suggestion really just spurs from a bit of a annoyance i have with people constantly asking whether or not the rp is freejoin, and so the host doesnt have to constantly repeat themselves. but idk, its just an idea ive been mulling over

"Knife Dad loves his children very much, and by "children", I mean "knives". His head isn't bad. One thing I want to get in here is that if he sees a knife, he legally owns it. He eats knifes for fuel. Not his kid-knives, though. Why's his head look like that? Don't sweat it. He has to keep eating knives to avoid eating his children knives. Knife Dad is Stan Lee.
He fuccs like a broken train, but he runs on time, if you know what I mean. He's part wolf, part mech, part rabbit, part fox, part sunglasses, part dragon, part dad, all dad, all knives. If you unbutton his shirt, a bunch of knives will fall out, and then he'll die, because he's just a bunch of knives under there."
xck
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://spoyn.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiraro The Kitsune on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:45 am

That the bot tells if the roleplay is freejoin or not seems good but the host can just say it. That would only work for customs I guess, official roleplays just self state if they are freejoin or not, Cruise and Freeroam are the only official freejoin roleplays I believe, so the bot telling if freejoin or not, not much use there, only for customs. Also, you can just use .sd.
.sd [Document]
.sd The RP is [Freejoin/Not Freejoin]

I saw a host use .sd with random text in it and it was set, then used .sd again with the Document link and that was set besides it. So the bot has two slots for the command .sd, use one for the Doc and the other to state if it is Freejoin or not.

About the legends, Roleplaying Bot could use a slot keeping command. For example Freeroam has three legendary slots if I recall, instead of sending a private message to the moderators/room owner to use a legend, the users can use a command to fill a slot, the bot can tell if there are slots open or not, and say what users are using a slot. The flaw here is that someone can fill a slot and never roleplay for the whole two hours, filling a slot someone else could have used.

About Spyke (Gallade) 's suggestion, the unauthorised usage of a legend, yes it should be warned and stopped somehow, but making the bot target when someone uses a legend might not be easy. It would work by making the bot know which users have legends, that being [.legend [user/pokemon name]. The bot will need to keep track of who is using legends in the roleplay by the holder using a command to fill a slot. There should also be a command to fill slots for legends that there owners have given permission for other users to use. It would take a couple of commands to identify if the user is allowed or not, moderators should stick with handling everything related to users roleplaying as a legend and just leave the bot with .legend to know who is the holder. Also, user having a legendary name in their nickname and get punished is just too much, maybe. My name could be Kiraro The Latias and not roleplay at all as Latias. It would get suspicious but just having it on the name does not mean that user is roleplaying as that legend.

Forgetting about the suggestions of others, Roleplaying Bot could use some features from the battle Dome bot, Ice Kyubs. Hosts of Dungeons 'n Dragonites could use a feature to keep track of Health Points and Status. No need for the bot know about the mechanics and stuff, just like Ice Kyubs. a command like [.pl/.players] to show the participants, another command [.hp (amount to +increase or -reduce), (user to be affected)]. Something likr that, some DnD hosts struggle with keeping track of Health Points so the bot handling that might be a nice idea. Flaw is that the command will never be used unless DnD or some similar roleplay with such mechanics is hosted.

PS: You can also use .sch to state it is not Freejoin.
Kiraro The Kitsune

View user profile https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/roleplaying

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 am

Legendary 'slots' are a soft limit, not a hard one. I'd rather people accidentally have 5 active legends in an RP than 3 inactive ones with 4 legends wanting to RP.

Automating punishments or the likes for unauthorised usage of legends is impractical. There's no real way to do it without impeding on a user's ability to roleplay. There's users with legends in their names as you mentioned, but you also can't use a chat filter + registration, as users mention legendaries in their roleplay even when that legendary is not active.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiraro The Kitsune on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:11 am

A little suggestion. Can't the bit send a Document link for all the Conquest Rules? Flooding the chat is just laggy and yes it helps users that maybe can't open Google Docs but still, the lag.

Also, I think RP Bot does not work on the latest node.js, I tried and it won't do anything. I can't even get the server, node getserver.js won't work and writing in the config.js file won't work either. It wont even read the the config.js when it is there, so I guess it just won't run on the latest node.js
Kiraro The Kitsune

View user profile https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/roleplaying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum