Legendary Submissions FAQ

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legendary Submissions FAQ

Post by Articuno on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:03 am

Hi all, I'm going to be using this thread to try and answer some commonly asked questions I've received about legend perms. Feel free to post below any questions you'd like answered.

Q: When will I know if I've received legend perms?
A: Please pay attention to the bot's MOTDs, as they will say when perms have been updated. You may also look at the thread yourself. Check the date on the post and if you've submitted before that date and your name isn't listed, you have probably been rejected. 

Q: It's been a few days/weeks since I've submitted my doc... has it been rejected?
A: While I try to regularly update permissions, I am sometimes unable to update perms for a rather lengthy period of time. Check the original legendary submission thread for the last updated date; if the date is after you've submitted, then you likely haven't been accepted. 

Q: Why was my doc rejected?
A: Though there are a few reasons your doc can be rejected, here are some of the most common ones: Your doc was unreadable (probably to Rico), so double check to make sure your colors are easy to read - when in doubt, use black and white; you made a lot of grammatical and/or spelling errors throughout your document (pro tip: Make sure you use 'would' correctly); your character idea had overly powerful abilities/very generic backstory/uninteresting qualities; your document was inaccessible. If you'd like to know in more detail why your doc was rejected, don't be afraid to send me a PM.

Q: Once I've received perms, do I need to resubmit if I want to change something about my legend character?
A: Feel free to make adjustments without asking; the only time I need to know about changes to your character is if you do a complete revamp of it.

Q: How often do I need to play my legendary character to keep it?
A: At the barest minimum, once every two weeks. If you have something going on in real life that is preventing you from actively playing your character, PLEASE let me know. You don't have to go into specific detail but that will prevent you from losing perms.

Q: Can I have temporary permission for a legendary that isn't currently being occupied?
A: You may ask an RO for temporary permission for a legend, just be aware that we may say no and that any permissions given are for that one specific instance. They do not extend to further RPs, even the same one.

Q: Why has Deoxys been allowed?
A: A large part of that is actually the release of the Ultra Beasts. With multi-dimensional legends being introduced, it was much easier to explain why an alien virus might be abroad. Forme changes will still be closely monitored and restricted.

Q: Why does Rico have two legends?
A: Mew and Mewtwo are incredibly closely linked, and he has actually been using Mew and Mewtwo for many years. If he did not own the legends, they would also be disallowed.

Q: Will [upcoming Pokemon] be counted as a legendary?
A: We go off of Bulbapedia's list of legendary Pokemon. If a Pokemon is not listed there as legendary, chances are it will be allowable without permission. 

Q: Do I need legend perms for DnD/Trainer/etc.? What about randomizers?
A: Yes for both. You may ask an RO for permission to add legends into your RP, or you may ask the legend holders themselves. The reason for this is because we want the legendary system to feel unique. The exception to the legend permission rule is battling RPs such as Conquest and GvE.

Q: Are Ultra Beasts legendary Pokemon? Why?
A: Yes, they are counted as legendary Pokemon. Since Gen III, all of the legendaries have been grouped after the last non-legendary on the Pokedex. The Ultra Beasts are after the Island Guardians (the Tapu Pokemon) on the Pokedex, thus we are treating them as legends. More specifically, they are beings from another dimension, all share an ability, are all genderless, and cannot breed.

Q: Will you look at my legend doc before I submit it? I want some feedback.
A: I'm sorry, but no. This is to avoid bias when looking over perms. If I help one person improve their doc enough to receive legend perms, I'd have to do it for everyone. You are more than welcome to ask for feedback from anyone else, though.

Q: If I own a legendary and I want to submit for a new one, what happens?
A: You are welcome to submit a new doc without dropping your current perms. If you are rejected, then you can keep the permissions for your old legend. However, if you do already own a legend and are submitting for another, please let me know somewhere on the document so I can remove your old perms.

Last edited by Articuno on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:29 am; edited 6 times in total

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legendary Submissions FAQ

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:31 am

What is the threshold for a change counting as a revamp rather than an adjustment? (I ask this both out of curiosity and because I just added a mini-doc for Unbound Form in Bob's bio and I am not sure if this is okay)
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:54 am

What if, for example, you get Kyogre perms from someone for a Trainer or some RP like that and you wanna do Primal Reversion with 'em? Same for pretty much any form change like Hoopa or Legend Megas. Can I do it freely or do I have to ask an RO?

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im an OFFICIAL CHRISTIAN DRIVER
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up with details
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:33 am

Sorry for the late replies, guys, I don't have this topic watched for whatever reason (I do now though).

Spyke: Anything that drastically changes your character. For instance, you can revamp your backstory without it actually changing who your character has become, but you cannot change your character's entire personality and expect them to be the same. So I would really say that anything involving a noticeable difference in personality counts as a revamp.

Enchi: Yes, you do still need RO perms for primal reversion. If you have perms to, say, Diancie, you'd still need a Trainer to Mega Evolve it.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolflix_and_scar on Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:06 pm

Ok I have two questions,
One: What do we do if the room owner isn't in the room and we want to mega/primal evolve a pokemon

Two: if there's is one small bad thing like a genetic backstory, but everything else was good, would the doc still be rejected?
Wolflix_and_scar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:31 pm

1. PMing an RO here on the forums is probably the best way to reach us if we aren't in the room at the time. While you won't get immediate perms, you'll still be able to talk to us about it.

2. I don't want to give a cut-and-dry yes/no answer to that question, because it honestly depends on a lot of things. If the backstory is generic, but well-written, and everything else looks good, then most likely it'd be accepted. However, if the backstory is generic and everything else is just okay, it's more likely to be rejected.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vudu on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:19 am

This doesn't apply right now since I'm the only Phione user as of the day this is being posted, but in the future, if there are multiple Phione/Cosmog/Cosmoem characters and two wish to RP with each other in, say, an FR, what would be necessary for them to RP together? Or would they be forced to never see each other in an official RP under these circumstances?
Vudu

View user profile http://theuselessweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:13 am

While I understand the appeal of being able to RP with another of your species, we do have to say that Cosmog/Cosmoem and Phione are only allowed as one per Freeroam. Otherwise there may be like three Phione in one RP and it gets a little out of hand. While they aren't exactly legends, we do still want to keep a "special" feel for them, and thus we allow only one per Freeroam, although they don't take up a legend spot.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vudu on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:52 am

Okay, I guess that's pretty fair. Doesn't stop me and [Phione owner Y] from doing a PM RP together.

At the very least -- at least in my case, because I record things for Malie like this -- could I still include them in my character relations on the doc and possibly have my character talk about said legend during an official FR?
Vudu

View user profile http://theuselessweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:32 am

Yes - and this goes for anyone who has encountered an existing legend in RP. You are free to mention them and include them in any relations on a doc, although obviously it is polite to ask first.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:50 pm

I have another question. Why is a name a requirement for a Legendary? (I mostly ask because I remember actually having to come up with a name for Bob, who had previously only been referred to as Hoopa in the Chatzy RPs where he'd appeared, while submitting him)
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:58 pm

I also have a question: spaces opened up for two of my favourite legends which haven't been claimed yet and I put in an application for both of them, because I'm fine with either.

If in the future multiple legend spots open, how many applications are we allowed to send at once? I kept mine at two, and this is really the first time that I've done more than one.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:52 pm

We just ask for a name because it's part of what gives a legend its uniqueness. If you just want to refer as your legend as "Hoopa" then that's fine as well.

I honestly would prefer if you only sent in one document for whichever legend you wanted most. However, if you're afraid that you won't receive one of those legends because of too many people applying or whatever, then just note on one of your submissions that IF you don't receive the first legend, then you'd like to try for the second.

Last edited by Articuno on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Articuno wrote:
I honestly would prefer if you only sent in one document for whichever legend you wanted most. However, if you're afraid that you won't receive one of those legends because of too many people applying or whatever, then just note on one of your submissions that IF you don't receive the first legend, then you'd like to try for the second.

Ok, thanks. That's what I did for my application for Lunala; I figured since legend spots opened for the new Sun and Moon gen., a lot of people would be vieing for the position.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Septette on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:41 am

I'd just like to ask-- When will Magearna and the UBs, if the UBs are even going to be added to the Legendary list-- be added onto the list?
Septette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top