Legendary Submissions FAQ

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Legendary Submissions FAQ

Post by Articuno on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:36 pm

They will be added two weeks into January, once the contest ends. Basically whoever wins will be able to have first dibs on the UBs, Magearna, and Deoxys.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:26 am

Can my Legendary be worshipped/can people be my followers/can I make others more powerful?

This is all sort of one question that I want to touch on, because I don't see it very often. In short, yes to all of this. Yes, you can have your legendary being worshipped or followed or whatever flavour you want to put to that. Legendaries are exactly that, Legendary, so it would be unsurprising if people or pokemon equated them to gods or demi-gods. This is all perfectly fine and can be a great way to make characters based on your own legendary, or to bring other people in to a bigger plot you have for your legend.

On making others more powerful, the primary limit is this: You cannot make anybody more powerful than they could already become. "Then why bother?" I hear you cry... because story, that's why. Basically, we don't want to create some elitist setting where only legends and their friends are strong enough to fight in freeroam or other such RPs, but we do want you to have fun. If you want to have followers for your legendary, think of something that people can already do and make that something that you can give people.

As an example, both of my legends, Mew and Mewtwo, are able to grant a blessing to both humans and pokemon. This blessing allows those humans/pokemon to become Gijinka, or even cross all the way over to be full humans/pokemon, and everything in between. This gives players of Mist's Guardians something to work off in their backstory, as well as those who've been touched by Mewtwo.

For the elemental pokemon (Birds/Dogs etc.) you might give all of your followers power over that element, allowing a Charizard follower of Articuno to use ice beam.

Try to keep your blessing consistent. Don't give 6 different pokemon 6 completely different powers, because this eliminates the purpose of giving out a blessing. Your blessing is to show people you're important always, if they can't see that at a glance then there's no point.

One last thing about giving out blessings: Try to keep track of who has a blessing and who doesn't. A simple table in your character bio would be fine. Consider how you want blessings to be given out. Returning to my two legends again, Mew is very picky with her blessing, anyone who receives it will be one of her guardians until their death. Mewtwo, on the other hand, doesn't care who has his blessing and will often just drop it on somebody without actually asking them first. For Mew, I would generally only give blessings in RP, but Mewtwo I could easily use a google form simply to keep track of people who have it, as he has no intention of taking it away or taking responsibility for them.

Coming up with a blessing appropriate for your legend can be hard and it's not something we require of our legendary owners. If you'd like advice or ideas, feel free to ask below, or in a thread in this forum.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolflix_and_scar on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:48 pm

I know this my not happen often but how can you tell if someone is faking to be someone else and their perms, for example. Let just say I got tapu koko perms(not implying I do, its just a example) and when I rp as it my user name is (insert name here) and someone could be like (insert name here) (tapu kook) I highly doubt people would catch on thinking it's a different person. And if caught doing so, what are the consequences?
Wolflix_and_scar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolflix_and_scar on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:51 pm

Koko* not kook XD
Wolflix_and_scar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:03 pm

That hasn't happened before but it's pretty obvious when someone is faking. Their writing style is very different, not to mention that we can just alt check. I personally also tend to recognize when someone has a specific alt for their legend (for instance, Bob (Hoopa) or Morgiana~Diancie). If you want to be safe, just use your main account to RP as your legend.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SleekzZero on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:05 pm

Just wondering...
If ever a legend is not owned, will we be able to ask for RO perms to use them?
SleekzZero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Q: Can I have temporary permission for a legendary that isn't currently being occupied?
A: You may ask an RO for temporary permission for a legend, just be aware that we may say no and that any permissions given are for that one specific instance. They do not extend to further RPs, even the same one.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sceptile Named Energy on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:24 pm

Now, when Deoxys is released in mid-January, will we have the ability for different people to have the different forms? EX: GodMeme92 has Deoxys-Attack, MukLove10 has Deoxys-Speed and so on.
The Sceptile Named Energy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:46 am

No answer on what we'll do with regards to Deoxys just yet. Most likely we will only give it to one person (No need to flood the market), but that person will be unable to change forms during an RP. That way you prevent somebody from having the speed of Deo-S, the attack of Deo-A and the defence of Deo-D in a single RP. Just a bit godmoddy.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolflix_and_scar on Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Ok, so I know that Arti will go easy if we leave a note that English is not our first language, but will Rico do the same or will he expect good grammar and etc?
Wolflix_and_scar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn(Milotic) on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:46 pm

Hey so if we submitted a legend for the current voice contest, Can it still be taken, Or will it be so that nobody can take that legend until then contests over and if that person wins says if they want the legend or not or something?
I'm just making sure I got this right. So basically, If someone submits a legend for voice contest, Can that legend still be taken before the contest ends?
Kaitlyn(Milotic)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:07 am

Wolflix: Rico will take English as not your first language into account as well.

Kaitlyn: I cannot guarantee that a legend will be open once the contest ends, except for the ones being released in January.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TF2 Medic on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Hey. I just finished a Doc for a legendary that has yet to be release (Necrozma). If i was to submit him now before the release date, would he still be considered when the spot opens up or will the doc be ignored. Thanks
TF2 Medic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:05 pm

If you wish to submit for a legend that isn't open yet then please do so via the contest.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Not a complaint, but why does Hoopa specifically require RO perms for Unbound? Is it just because Unbound's a direct power upgrade unlike most other Form(e) changes, or for some other reason?
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top