[IC] Bad Omen!

Go down

[IC] Bad Omen!

Post by Wriggle Nightbug on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:02 pm

Argentium Academy | August 27th, 20XX | 1:52 AM

Maya was so close.  She could feel it in her fingertips as she entered the final few code lines for her upcoming product: Project Valhalla.  It was designed to allow students free access to equipment in the laboratories or the workshops that are usually prohibited from use unless supervised by professors. By digitizing students into a cyberspace, giving them their own avatars, they would be able to perform experiments on a greater level than what would be possible in the real world without putting any strain on their body. It was a long journey for Maya; what was a project she started while she was in the middle of her Sophomore year is now going to come to fruition at the beginning of her senior year.

Maya took a short break, grabbing a pack of Aloe Vera drink when her eyes caught two things: her college graduation certificate that she received years ago, and an old family photo of her father, mother, and herself. Maya took a closer look at her mother and realized just how much she looked like her late mother who passed away due to cancer. Before passing away, Maya's mother always told her daughter to fulfill something in life that will make Maya happy, even if said something would not make Maya any money or give her any success in life. She could've went out to become anything she wanted in life, amassing enough money and fame to surpass her father even, but she chose to attend the high-school level academy because it made her happy. The years of childhood that she lost while she focused on the college educations... Maya now got to realize how important they were.

Back to work. Maya slid back into her purple spinning chair and began debugging. The final stretch was always so important to make sure every piece of the puzzle was fitted perfectly; lest she finds a threatening bug that will prevent students from logging in and out or, even worse, log in or out only parts of their body, causing a rather uncomfortable experience.

After she wrote down the final line, Maya grabbed a crumpled piece of paper and placed it on the warp pad that was used to digitize anything and transfer it to the cyberworld of Valhalla. After glancing at the old family photo one last time, Maya clicked the Run button. Immediately, the warp pad glowed, and the crumpled ball of paper began turning into pixels and dissolve into the warp pad. At the same time, the cyberworld instance that was shown on Maya's monitor began processing the incoming information, forming the exact replica of the same crumpled ball of paper without flaw.

The program worked.

Argentium Academy | August 27th, 20XX | 7:54 AM

Wake up, sluggabeds! It's the first day of your school year. Wouldn't want to be late now, would you? The opening ceremony starts at 8 AM, so be there, or be reprimanded by the security guard!
Wriggle Nightbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC] Bad Omen!

Post by Candiies on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:36 pm

"Nnngh--"

Amelia awoke to the sound of a sharp rapping on her dorm door, turning around in bed and groaning into her pillow. Ah, yes, the sound of first-day-of-the-year despair, where you have to return to a mostly orderly lifestyle in exchange for a future. But, well, that could just as easily be put aside when-- after all-- there were important things to be done! She forced herself to blink the bleariness out of her eyes sitting upright in her bed. As soon as she lifted the weight of her head from her pillow, Amelia's hair wasted no time in springing itself every which-way. It wasn't long, though, before Amelia took the rope at the desk beside her bed and swiftly tamed the mass of coppery-orange frizz.

The rest of the preparations before the opening ceremony were just about like every other day, save for the fact that she had to rush through them. Scrub down teeth in a matter of seconds, splash water onto face without dripping it all over as best as humanly possible, and pull on her typical set of wrinkled clothes. Barely two minutes had passed before Amelia was already out the door while in the process of fastening the knot of rope pinning up the larger part of her hair. A quarter of a protein bar stuck out of the girl's mouth, and it wasn't a second more until that disappeared, too.

And with that, Amelia set off for the location of the opening ceremony, running as fast as her legs could possibly manage to carry her.

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:56 pm

(orange = character thoughts/quotes)

The alarm clock in Rufus' room and the school wide announcement blared like a megaphone together, forming a discombobulated harmony of shrieks and a yell. The high school senior moaned, and moments later threw the blankets around him viciously, as if trying to strangle them. His room was completely orderly - a neat array of books stacked on a pristine, pinewood table with a few papers lying underneath it; not a muddled outlier, but a subtle mistake; a tapestry of the Swiss flag over the tossed bed; a few assorted guns hanging over the walls, some long, some old and some military-grade; a desk with a quaint lamp slouched over a large desk like a homeless person and a steel safe tucked away in the corner with two locks on it. Rufus stuck his hand out from the covers and slammed it on his alarm clock, shutting it off.

He feigned waking up a few times, then finally rose. He was wearing a white undershirt. Rufus stretched, completely without vivaciousness, and stepped off his small bed. He shuffled over to his closet, opened it, and grabbed a white coat, suitable for, what was it now, Rufus implored his mind, ah yes, opening ceremony. He swore under his breath in French - he was sure to be late. He quickly equipped his coat and shoes lying by the door and sped off, out of his room.

Poison for life!
OC's:
Kraljica Svinec - Naganadel
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Nightbug on Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:13 am

Argentium Academy Gates | August 27th, 20XX | 7:58 AM

"Gah!  You call myself member of the Student Board and you don't even make it on time to prepare for the opening ceremony?"  As Rufus and Amelia approached the school gates, they could hear the school security guard rebuking who looked like a fellow senior student with flowing golden locks and curvature you'd only see in glamour magazines; the kind of girl that everyone would love.

"Ahaha, sorry~  But hey, it's only 7:58 AM!  I'm technically 'on time' for the school!"  The blonde girl would retaliate, poking at the security guard as if he was her friend.

The security guard sighed in defeat.  "Alright, you're technically right, I guess."  He groaned as he stood aside, allowing her to pass by with a bubbly cheer.
Wriggle Nightbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:00 am

Rufus observed the pretty girl with contempt - she wasn't going to hold him up by any means to this ceremony. After she departed, Rufus strolled up to the security guard professionally and asked, "Excuse me, but I believe the time is about the same, sir. May I be let in? His question was laced with subtle flattery on the word 'sir' and was very lightly stated. He directed his eyes directly at the guard deferentially, carrying something he had learned from business to this. Rufus knew how this would work, and if it didn't work, it would work for him.

Poison for life!
OC's:
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Nightbug on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:10 pm

Argentium Academy Gates | August 27th, 20XX | 7:58 AM

"Go ahead, nobody's stopping you." The guard shrugged as he let the blonde girl in through. The iron gate was, indeed, swung open to allow anyone to enter. "I don't want to sound like an ass, but I'll assume that you're new and tell you where to go. If you take the right before you reach the track fields, you'll make your way to the auditorium. Go there for the opening ceremony... or just follow that blonde girl if you're not too keen with directions."
Wriggle Nightbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:33 pm

He simply nodded to the guard and continued to the ceremony. Rufus wondered what was going on. Obviously the opening celebrations, awards and such - but there had to be something more. There is always more at these sorts of events. Of course, Rufus wanted something academic, as his main focus was academic achievement.

He looked around for someplace to sit, eager to listen to the ceremony.

Poison for life!
OC's:
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:11 am

"Ach, I nearly go' 'ere late!" Amelia had arrived just as Rufus walked into the school gates, using her knees as a support as she caught her breath for a few seconds. Seeing as a grand total of two students were heading off towards the same place, the only destination that sprung up in her mind was that of of the opening ceremony.

Amelia gave a quick nod to the security guard, heading off in the same direction of the blonde girl and slightly snobby-looking guy, hoping that there would still be seats open to sit in.

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:09 pm

((oh shit, sorry guys.))
Joey walked up to the guard, glancing up at him as he walked by. "Mornin'." He said, keeping his headphones on. He saw three kids ahead of him, and jogged up to them. On his way there, he reluctantly removed his hand from the pocket of his jacket and tapped the sides of his headphones twice, switching the track up a bit.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Nightbug on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:32 pm

Argentium Academy Assembly Hall | August 27th, 20XX | 8:00 AM

The assembly hall, which also doubled as the academy's gymnasium, was packed to the brim with students, either new or returning. Most of the students sat on white fold-able chairs at the center of the gymnasium facing the stage, while students who just entered clamored as they looked for any open spots that their friends may have saved for them. Of course, if you were new to the academy, or if you just don't have a lot of friends, then you'd be sitting alone next to strangers like a jock or a drama queen or perhaps someone as equally awkward as you.

At the stage sat the headmistress of the academy, Mrs. Schana. She is a fairly old woman who always dressed sharply and settled most of the academy's documents, while next to her sat Mr. Maury, a middle aged engineer who, surprising for a man in the position of vice-headmaster, wore very casual attire of T-shirts and overalls so that he wouldn't have to change his clothes whenever he swapped from his main job as an administrative position to that of teaching basic engineering to aspiring students.

Several other administrative members sat on the chairs provided to them on the stage, while teachers and faculty members are seated in front of the students. There was only one personnel who wasn't an adult on the stage: that being Maya Harrison, the prodigal student body president that the academy oh-so-loved to display on the media. She had her dark hair always flowing down to try and cover the medical eyepatch. She was dainty, looking like she would wobble over and fall even when she was secured by the white chair.

"Places everyone! Places! The ceremony will begin momentarily." The headmistress would speak through the microphone, urging everyone to find a seat as soon as possible.
Wriggle Nightbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:25 am

Joey quickly scanned over the room, trying to find a seat. He saw one on the end of a row, and quickly sat down. He tapped the sides of his headphones again, lowering the volume so he could hear her better when she began to talk. Joey was curious about that girl in the centre though. 'Eh. Whatever.' He thought, popping a piece of bubblegum in his mouth.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:54 pm

"Ach... Nearly blew me lungs out gettin' 'ere." Amelia muttered to herself as she took another big breath of relief, as soon as she made it through the doors of the auditorium, seeing that she wasn't late for the opening ceremony quite yet. She took a bit of time to survey the massive amount of chairs laid in rows throughout the room, before finally finding one in the far back, a few seats away from the middle of the set of chairs.

Taking a seat, it wasn't long before Amelia took notice of the singular girl on the stage, seated among those of the highest administrative positions in the school. (Ah... I've seen that face before, haven't I? Somewhere... a lot of times, I think? Something like the student body president or some worthless stuff,) she thought, hunching over in her chair and leaning her head on the palm of her hands as she waited for the speeches and whatnot to begin.

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Rufus rushed to his chair with a composed pace, sliding carefully through the seats of the room. If he wanted to make an impression on the teachers, and to telegraph he was a individual of esteemed class, that's what he had to do. He sat down and pulled a mystery novel from his pack to occupy himself before the ceremony. Before reading the book, he scanned over the assortment of teachers and important students. There was one student there that was quite interesting.

Rufus thought he knew who she was. Was she in the news? Perhaps. She appeared more important than all of the elite on the stage. She could be a national hero, or a young inventor, maybe. Rufus took note of the strangely pertinent person and thrust his head into his book.

Poison for life!
OC's:
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Nightbug on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:28 pm

Argentium Academy Assembly Hall | August 27th, 20XX | 8:00 AM

With everyone situated, the headmistress began the ceremony: a mostly uneventful series of speeches that had no real reason to be said to the students and perhaps a few important information about the rules of the school and the usage regulation for the workshops, equipment room, and laboratories. There was, however, one additional information that needed the students' attention.

"Now, I'm sure everyone is eager to head to their homeroom. However, I have one more announcement." The headmistress declared. "Our student body president, Maya Harrison, have developed a new way of using the facilities in the school, called Project Valla?"

"Valhalla, headmistress." Maya corrected.

"Valhalla, yes. Now, this Valhalla is a highly advanced virtual world system accessible through school computers. With it you will be able to use dangerous equipment without permission from your instructors. More information about it will be distributed in your homeroom."

"Speaking of homerooms..." The headmistress continued. "We're attempting a different homeroom system. Instead of sharing a room with others of your class, the homeroom selection will be done in random, thus allowing those in their freshmen years to share a homeroom with seniors. Juniors and Seniors, respect the younger students and guide them if they require it. Freshmen and Sophomores, ask your senior students questions you might have about your life in the academy."

"Now, without further ado, you are all dismissed. Go to the school bulletin board and find your homeroom." The headmistress finished her speech, allowing everyone to finally stand up and stretch their sleeping muscles before finding their homeroom.
Wriggle Nightbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:10 am

Joey's attention peaked at the mention of 'Valhalla'. It sounded interesting, but he doubted he would ever use it. Yawning, he stood up and stretched, cracking his shoulder afterwards. He passed a bin on his way to the bulletin board and spat out his gum, not bothering to replace it afterwards. He squeezed his way through the crowd, before glancing up and down the board, searching for his name.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down