Amphy Voice Removal

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Somewhat happy

Post by Death by Tea on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:46 am

I'm going to be 100% honest here, removing modchat seems idiotic to me. I mean, I guess it removes elitism, which is a really bad habit some of the users in amphy have, but you gotta consider the big problem, trolls.
Hell we got trolls in rusty on the occasion, amphy isnt just another rp room, it's a troll-safe, which now has a higher chance of getting trolled. Not something good. But in all, not my choice. By a longshot this is not one of the best ideas in my book, but hey, ya'll have better judgement than I do.
Death by Tea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amphy Voice Removal

Post by Rico on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:23 am

Modchat has been off for just shy of a week now, so let's get some quick stats:
Total Mutes since modchat removed: 6 (All RP regulars. Mostly bot mutes that ended up as false-positives)
Total Bans since modchat removed: 4 (Autobans, all regulars)
Mutes the week before: 7
Bans the week before: 1

It is still early days, this could change, but thus far we have not had a single troll that I can identify. I don't think it's time to claim that we're in for a world of trolling.
Yes, it is now possible for trolls to join the room and troll it, but it should also be noted that we have set amphy and rusty to default to autoconfirmed. This level of modchat is easy for legitimate users to deal with and harder for trolls to evade, so even if something does happen it will be far less disruptive in our side rooms than if the same thing happened in main. We will be keeping an eye on things with the room to ensure it is an enjoyable place to be. This isn't just some hit-and-run policy change, we don't do that here.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andria on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:30 pm

I also have to note that seeing as Amphy, like Rusty, is a private room, so trolls won't come if they don't know about it. On the other hand though, they could easily find out about it and troll there, too.
Didn't help did I?
Andria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top