Bob/Hoopa

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bob/Hoopa

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:56 am

Bob, my approved Hoopa OC, has surprisingly gained a certain amount of fame/infamy over his time of use, so I thought I might as well post a quick thing relating to him. Specifically, the doc that got him approved, basic info, and some answers to the questions I'm constantly asked about him.

Doc here

Basic Info (also visible in a table at the top of the doc):
Name: Bob. No last name has ever been given for this alias, though he also sometimes calls himself Jonti McDinkelDonk and Patticipa Spellingby
Species: Hoopa
Personality: A complete nutter (more detailed personality section in doc)

FAQ:

Do you have perms?
Yes. For future reference and in case you didn't know already, you can use .legend [Pokemon Here] (e.g. ".legend Hoopa") to check the perms for any given legendary. the more you knooooooooow

Why is Bob so random?
Refer to the Backstory segment of my doc. I actually thought of a proper justification, believe it or not. (Though he had no such reason for being insane in the Chatzy RPs that birthed him.)

How did you get approved?
I dunno. Ask Arti or Rico.

Why is your name so dumb?
When I was told that I had to name a legendary submission, I realized that, in the many Chatzy RPs where he'd appeared, Bob had only ever been referred to as Hoopa and never been named. So, because I'm totally a normal person, the first thing that sprang to mind was Bob, and it stuck because I could not imagine Bob spending more than two seconds to think of something better to call himself.

How come you got Hoopa instead of me? My submission was way better than yours!
If you submitted a Hoopa doc soon after the creation of the perms system, then it means that, in ultimate truth, the ROs just liked my OC more. If you submitted your doc later on it means I simply got there first. Again, if you're really that curious, I'm not the person to ask, the ROs would know the answer better than I.
(Not something I've ever been asked directly, but something people have apparently said about me according to some of my friends)

Why do you still have perms even though you never RP?
Because I'm currently going through my exams and the ROs understand this.

This concludes my FAQ. If you're really curious about anything else, or have any opinions to voice, here's a good place to do it.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob/Hoopa

Post by Rotom's Pokedex on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Oh, here we are- Mm-hmm.

1: What do you think the key to a good OC is?
2: Who is Bob, in the perspective of his eyes, his favorite person he met?

hi, i'm no longer active but thanks for seeing this dump, pls contact me on Pokefarm
• dump •:

Did you expect to find anything important in here? No? Just take some dancing birds.

credits to top.mailbox on PFQ for avatar
Rotom's Pokedex
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Rotom's Pokedex wrote:
1: What do you think the key to a good OC is?
For most OCs, when considering an OC's actions, the more you think about why the character did it and the less about why the RPer wrote it, the better. Admittedly, with Bob, you're likely too busy shrugging off all reason in confusion to consider either, but that's what I think the basic principle is.
Rotom's Pokedex wrote:
2: Who is Bob, in the perspective of his eyes, his favorite person he met?
Yggalag's OC, Liviana, the only person Bob has ever encountered who was anywhere near as much of a nutcase as he is. They spent most of the RP lying on their backs in a forest eating cake and discussing the aerodynamics of carrots.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:20 am

Dude, thanks for posting this. It frustrates me when people insult you based on your OC's personality. Nice.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:35 pm

As a result of me being busy enough that I was not able to RP in Main as frequently as I would see as acceptable, I have at least temporarily, possibly permanently relinquished my perms to Bob (meaning I can now only use him in PMs and Chatzys and not in Main). Thanks to everyone who RPed with me during the time I had him, it's been a blast.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top