Sun & Moon Pokemon: What is allowed!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sun & Moon Pokemon: What is allowed!?

Post by Rico on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:31 pm

Sun & Moon are officially out, which means we will be allowing them in all major RPs with some exceptions. Keep in mind this does not apply to Conquest or other battle RPs where their banlists are based on competitive viability.

Ash-Greninja will not be allowed.
All Alola Forms are permitted.
Legendaries/Mythical pokemon are still not allowed until after Thursday NEXT WEEK (24/11/2016) I'll list these pokemon at the bottom in a spoiler tag so people who don't want to be spoiled on the legends won't. By then, Pokemon Sun/Moon will be released worldwide and we can be more sure what we should expect from the legendaries, and also give you all time to properly think about your docs.
All Other Released Pokemon are allowed. Yes, this includes that fake Arceus thing stop asking me.

List of Legends:
Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow

All of these should make sense at a glance except Cosmog. This is considered a legend under our system in the same way Phione is. It's not a legend in its own right but as it is directly tied to a legend, permission to RP as that pokemon will be tied to the holder of Solgaleo/Lunala.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sun & Moon Pokemon: What is allowed!?

Post by Rico on Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:45 pm

We are releasing about half the legends now, but unfortunately for many we do not feel it's time to release the Ultrabeasts. Before I get in to that, here's the list of legends that are now permitted for the Legend Requests.

Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Solgaleo
Lunala

Additionally, once a Solgaleo or Lunala has been accepted, we will also be accepting requests for Cosmog/Cosmoem. These requests will have to go to the Solgaleo/Lunala player FIRST, exactly the same as how we do Manaphy/Phione.

Why no Ultrabeasts/Necrozma?
I want to tie these legends introduction in with the world map update. Specifically there is some background building to the world map which will allow these extra-dimensional invaders a good 'in' to the world, together with Deoxys. To put it simply, right from the start I wanted the world map to be optional and to NOT require a total rewrite of your characters to use or not use. My original idea had been a sort of portal or tear in reality through which characters can either choose to appear through, or be sucked through with no warning. This was never put in to the official world map information, but the introduction of the Ultra Beasts gives a perfect excuse to do this.

What about Magearna and Marshadow?
Magearna is slated for international release on December 5th via the Pokemon website and we will enable Magearna shortly after that. Marshadow has no known release date, so I have no immediate answer as to when it will be available. We have always held that only Released pokemon may be used, so nothing has changed in this regard.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Will the UBs require perms or will they be free to RP? Probably not the latter but I'm just curious since your post is confusing me, Rico.
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:13 pm

They will still require perms, nothing has changed they are legendary.

Why are they legends?
Since Gen III all legends have been grouped at the end of the pokedex, so unless someone wants to argue why ONLY Magearna/Marshadow are legends this gen, the ultrabeasts are legendary.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:54 pm

If a potential UB doc states a 'valid' reason for its presence in the FR map (example : banished), can it work, or it's wait'n'see?

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Aesir on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Potential Type: Null and Silvally spoilers below.

Spoiler:
Since there are only three Type: Null/Silvally, all of which were made by the Aether Foundation and frozen at some point (though they clearly aren't all frozen now), will there be some form of restriction on those?
Fenrir Aesir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Type: Null follows the same rules as Rotom, Lucario and every starter. Which, on release, there was only ever one available to the player. While it not being able to breed raises some potential questions, it doesn't really have anything to recommend it as a legendary.
We'll keep it as playable for now, but future generations may better define its rarity and whether it should be considered something else.

On Ultrabeasts: I don't like making exceptions, so no. If I give one exception, I have to give them all, so please just wait.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top