[Ice Lord RMT] I can't believe Hail isn't dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Ice Lord RMT] I can't believe Hail isn't dead

Post by Mukyuuri on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:09 am

Hey there. It's been like what, a gazillion years since I've made an RMT here? Not that I've made more than one, but that's besides the point.
Anyway. With the advent of Sun and Moon coming out, Ice has a bunch of new tools to play with. Some not as great (Vanilluxe), while others are great on certain teams (Ninetales-Alola). But my point is, that means I get to redesign this Ice Team; And here's the result of me messing around with a few sets.
warning: it's shit

Disufiroa (Kyurem-White) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Turboblaze  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Draco Meteor  
- Ice Beam  
- Earth Power  
- Fusion Flare  

No Ice Lord team is complete without Kyurem. Seriously. High-ass Special Attack and good enough speed to boot, with enough coverage that it can take care of all of Ice's problems? Hell yea. It even takes out threats to Ice like M-Venu and the entirety of Fire, along with decimating Steel cores? My child.

Blangonga (Abomasnow) @ Icy Rock  
Ability: Snow Warning  
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe  
Mild Nature  
- Blizzard  
- Giga Drain  
- Focus Blast  
- Ice Shard

Usually I'd be running Scarf Abomasnow here to make the Water matchup actually winnable, but Hail is a revitalized weather, so... I'm going to at least try out how much the extra turns affects it. Its coverage options hit hard, with Giga Drain in particular helping Ice deal with Water types. It also has STAB Blizzard; Who doesn't love STAB Blizzard?
That 16 Spe is there to outspeed 4 Spe EV Tyranitar, which can otherwise easily KO it with Stone Edge. (truth be told, focus blast will probably miss anyway.)

Gammoth (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Oblivious  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Ice Shard  
- Endeavor  
- Stealth Rock  

Leadswine. Gets Stealth Rock up, can Endeavor to destroy things after it gets its sash broken, gets Ice Shard to decimate Dragon types, and gets nice and beefy EQ. It also gets immunity to Taunt, meaning it can get SR up uninterrupted. Good mon.

Ukanlos (Walrein) @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Thick Fat  
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 148 SpA / 24 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Surf  
- Ice Beam  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  
- Earthquake

fatfat walrus with the thicc.
Okay, first of all, youre probably wondering what the hell that EV spread is. And the answer is... well, buckle up.
1. 148 Sp.Atk with Choice Specs lets it OHKO regular Banded Scizor straight up without SR needed, and puts a huge dent in any other Scizor variant if people run those.
2. 24 Sp.Def lets it live a +1 Giga Drain from Volcarona even with SR up, which is super important since this team gets demolished by Volca otherwise.
3. The rest are dumped into HP and Defense, to maximize its bulk on the physical side.
So in tl;dr, Walrein is the Scizor check (the only one), and it helps out against Fire a lot if Kyurem-White ever dies. It also wrecks shit hard with Specs Surf anyway, so you have nothing to lose.

Zamtrios (Sandslash-Alola) @ Leftovers 
Ability: Slush Rush  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Icicle Crash  
- Iron Head  
- Earthquake  
- Rapid Spin  

Excadrill lite. Gets good defensive typing (for Ice anyway), has good bulk to make use of it, and has good coverage options. But really, its main attraction is spinning; That is, spinning in which you can actually threaten mons out while spinning (sorry avalugg). As a bonus, it can also act as a good sweeper, since it gets its speed boosted in Hail.

Lagombi (Beartic) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Slush Rush 
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Icicle Crash  
- Superpower  
- Aqua Jet  
- Swords Dance

Set-up sweeper. Get SD up, then proceed to sweep with superior Ice/Fighting coverage. Slush Rush really helps it in this regard, since it outspeeds base 90 Scarves and base 140 +Spe Pokemon. Read: A lot of shit. It also gets Aqua Jet, which while it's not the most powerful move in the world, helps it deal with pesky Sucker Punches.

So all in all, this is probably the most ridiculously offensive-based team I've made. Little to no room for defensive switches. All around beatdown.

Known Threats:
- Scizor: I have Walrein and this thing still has my death on speed-dial. Bullet Punch is not fun to take, and if it's Mega Scizor it's just a straight up loss.
- The entirety of Water: The only real good thing I have against them is Energy Ball Abomasnow, and it does not appreciate taking multiple Hydro Pumps to the face.
- Keldeo, Terrakion: Scarf variants sweep my whole team no re with Sacred Sword/Close Combat, and Band/Specs variants still do a shitton of damage, making me have to sacrifice a mon to get Kyurem-White in safely to threaten them.
- Any weather setter: 1/3 of this team relies on hail, so having it gone would be really bad. It doesn't help that two of those weathers are on teams that already have an advantage over Ice to begin with.
- Toxapex: i haven't even fought this thing and i can already tell it's going to wall my hopes and dreams
- Chansey/Pory2: Both of these are insanely bulky mons that can live anything short of a SD-boosted Superpower from Beartic.
There's probably more threats, but I haven't really tested it out against all of the types; No one's really built a Sun/Moon team yet...

Anyway, yeah, that's about it for my team. I'd appreciate some suggestions for what I could replace on this team; It's very much not perfect, since the meta hasn't even stabilized yet. I don't even know what I'm gonna do with all those broken Ultra Beasts... god.

Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Ice Lord RMT] I can't believe Hail isn't dead

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:15 am

Yo, a few thoughts.

Consider blizzard on Kyu-W over ice-beam, the power difference is clearly noticeable and you're using hail.

Also, I still did not experiment with Ninetales-Alola, but using Abomasnow (specially for water) still seems the better option, unless going for a strange defensive ice team with Aurora veil.

Even though I hate froslass, it could be of great help to your team as a suicide lead to taunt the enemy spiker/stealth rocks since you have 0 hazard control, and SR just obliterates your team. <- Ignore this comment, I'm dumb. Sandslash-A gives a ground-STAB user to bother bulky steels/poisons (Toxapex hi), and hazard control. Basically, ice-type, weaker, slower excadrill.

Chansey and Pory 2 are indeed problems, so if you don't go for sash beartic, go for Lum. It can help easing predictions.

Other than that, seems fun.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top