Cruise // Murder Mystery // Conquest - Problems, Problems, Problems.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cruise // Murder Mystery // Conquest - Problems, Problems, Problems.

Post by Storm Z.Volt on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

What's up guys, Storm here and right now, I would like to discuss some issues, big and tiny, with one of the three most popular roleplays of all time:- Cruise // Murder Mystery // Conquest. I've been in this room for almost eight months now and I have a feeling this is all I see.

Cruise

...Cruise. Yeah, this is something beyond real. I know, Pokemon don't exist in real life and the anime doesn't make sense (at all), do you seriously find raining <insert Pokemon here> (mostly Eevees), ROAST competitions, and other crappy events fun? Ugh, here's my reasons. 1) Raining Pokemon: Good lord, how the fuck does it rain Pokemon. If it does, give us a damn explanation on how it happened. Did an airship carrying the Pokemon forget to close the latch? Give us something, geez. 2) Roast / Pun contests. Really? You've stooped so low. These events distract people from their RP and at the same time, it triggers an all out combat chat-war which increases shitpost and OOC. 3) Constant use of !pick with hosts. This is something I really dislike. The host does this for events and weather, mainly for events, though. exampleman1234: !pick Tournament, Seaside View, Raining Eevees. Now, the outcome? Example Tournament was chosen. They don't like the choice and what do they do? Repeat it two or three times until one of the options they like are chosen (i.e. Seaside View). Their reaction ((Ohh, I wanted this one.)) This happens frequently which leads to my question. "Why use !pick when you know which event you want?"

Murder Mystery

Now, personally, Murder Mystery overall is a great RP. It gives a hint of mystery to it and you have to figure out the classic, "Whodunnit". But during my eight months here so far this is what I literally always see. 1) The Standard "Light's Out!" death. Every time somebody dies, all I see is the host describing something like the lights going out (some even say it busted) then the killer's kill description, and then the light randomly turns back on. I mean, like what?!? Every single kill, all I see is "Light's Out!" then "Kill" then "Light's On!". Not to be rude here but, this doesn't make any sense. Sometimes, the RP takes place in the wild and they STILL USE "Light's Out" or "Electricity Problems" in the middle of the woods. Sense is lost. >.>

Conquest

Conquest only has a minor flaw but it's nothing to worry about. I'm just curious. Okay, I respect the low detailed RP'ing and everything, I've got no problems with that, suit yourself. However, what's with everyone going creative only when killing? Again, not a problem but just curious.

Anyway, leave your thought below. ^^
Storm Z.Volt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cruise // Murder Mystery // Conquest - Problems, Problems, Problems.

Post by Vlazzah on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Storm Z.Volt wrote:But during my eight months here so far this is what I literally always see. 1) The Standard "Light's Out!" death. Every time somebody dies, all I see is the host describing something like the lights going out (some even say it busted) then the killer's kill description, and then the light randomly turns back on. I mean, like what?!? Every single kill, all I see is "Light's Out!" then "Kill" then "Light's On!". Not to be rude here but, this doesn't make any sense. Sometimes, the RP takes place in the wild and they STILL USE "Light's Out" or "Electricity Problems" in the middle of the woods. Sense is lost. >.>

give this man an oscar he completely beat MM down to the ground and described it with one sentence right there

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoreLight on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:01 pm

in my opinion i do believe that roleplaying is supposed to lack realism after all it is people roleplaying magical animals so i do see the lulz random in cruise because without it cruise wouldn't be picked and in a way to certain people in can be seen as fun
if the lights went out in the woods, if this actually happened im pretty scared of what will happen in the future of this planet.i dont believe or want to believe and just want to say it must be selective memory on ur part. thats besides the point my good man i do not like cliches but lights off makes sense because how the hell are you not going to notice someone getting killed with any light source in a room with less than like 30 just my thought tbh
LoreLight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Z.Volt on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:50 pm

You have a point there but I do believe host's should try to be unique. Not generic. It just feels boring and all. I try to create new things all the time and rp often, about 50% of the time? Come on, our slogan is "Join a world where imagination is the only limit." Geez, we have lost that already. >.>
Storm Z.Volt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:53 pm

implying we ever had that in the first place

Seriously though, formula is a good thing. People know what they're getting into, and they can judge their experience better based on ones they've had in the past. You just need to know where the formula should be shaken up, and where it should stay the same. "Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it." Respect what came before and improve upon it, or else there will be no improvement at all. Most of your points are good, but saying we should abandon current formula entirely is a bit rash. Imagination is not really true. Anything that can be thought has already been thought, so why not just tweak existing thoughts rather than building from the ground up?
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:47 am

Actually its just like teambuilding,
Not everything new (high probability of gimmick) is a good thing, sometimes following the good ol' meta isn't always bad if it can guarantee that your participants will enjoy the RP.

Just a thought, nothing helpful.
Actually I appreciate it if the person takes effort in killing someone in conquest, it's like a gesture that they enjoyed RPing/battling with you or it's their character that's killing you not their ego.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top