[RMT] Snip Snip Grass

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT] Snip Snip Grass

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Don't ever leave me without anything to do while a CQ is being prepared. It's a bad thing.

Anyway, here's for another RMT, that goes for grass lords. To be fair, I don't think it's an actually 'good' team but it can catch a lot of people by surprise, while also allowing you to get some wins against 'strong' types, such as steel and dark namely.

Without further ado...

Snip Snip (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash
- Smart Strike
- Psycho Cut

The beast, the OG, the numero uno of the team, Kartana. This thing is, simply put, really strong and can dismantle teams once the physwalls are dead.
The set I have chosen for it lacks a grass-type stab, to get coverage on ghost and poison types that would otherwise wall it and kill it due to the insanely low special defense. But you're not using it to tank things, right? There are other things for that. Na, you're supposed to use it as a cleaner, and dismantle a weakened team. That brings to the 2nd mon.

Thorny (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Who doesn't love having another 4* fire weakness? Anyway, Ferrothorn with a standard set here. Get SR up asap, threaten potential switches with a gyro ball, out-stall some things thanks to leech+protect. Allows the team to get some chip damage via rocks and iron barbs, and some staying power.

Japan (Cradily) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Recover
- Toxic

What would Ferrothorn be without Cradily? Both make a quite good defensive core that is here to make teams without fighting-type stab/coverage a pain (more on that later), and what a job they do. Cradily gets rock slide + eq simply to threaten a few things from a SE 2HKO, because let's be serious, it's not OHKOing anything with that attack stat. Rather standard set, with toxic instead of SR because I don't like 2 SR in the same team, and toxic is fun.

Shroomzie (Shiinotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strength Sap
- Spore
- Moonblast
- Toxic/Giga Drain

Hey, let's complete the defensive core with something that actually does not die to fighting spam! *cheering sounds.*
Shiinotic is hell the fighting-and-dark type check, using strength sap to slowly tear apart physical attackers over the salty tears of anyone foolish enough to let them stay in. Spore is mandatory sleep inducer in a grass team, Moonblast for fairy STAB to actually fullfill the whole 'kill fighting types' thing, and for the last move, I'm still pondering another Toxic (dual status xd) or Giga Drain for more recovery.

SCS (Chesnaught) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Belly Drum

Surprise Chesnaught Set. BellyDrum chesnaught always makes me laugh for a reason I can't still get my fingers on. Most players will expect a tank/defensive set while it is a very threatening setup sweeper should it get a safe substitute (and enemy team has nothing to bypass it... which is to say, never.), nothing to outspeed it... yeah, it's tailor made to kill defensive teams. Drain Punch to get HP back, seed bomb over wood hammer to not get recoil'd to death.

Mirrar B (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance
- Focus Blast

Last but not least, Ludicolo to get a chance against fire because Cradily can't 6-0. Rain Dance is put there to get that sweet swift swim and outspeed a lot of things that aren't scarf, dual stab for damages, and focus blast to power through dark and steels. Not a lot much to say, it's another straightforward 'mon.

Rate, comment, add suggestions, etc.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT] Snip Snip Grass

Post by madman404 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Hello Hydre! It's neat to see somebody using sub salac chesnaught, so I'm just gonna leave some advice. First off, you appear to lack a phazer. There's an easy remedy to this, though. I suggest you replace shiinotic with Amoonguss. Amoonguss also functions as a fighting resist, can learn spore, and in addition can pack phazing. As for evs, it's probably safe to use the ORAS OU analysis, as physical defensive amoonguss fits the niche you're looking for the best. Most of the rest of the team is fine, so I'm just going to settle on one last thing, and that's ludicolo. While ludicolo may look appealing at first thanks to its ability and typing providing it a neutrality and offensive edge against fire, it has numerous flaws that beat out any potential benefit. To begin, its got pretty average bulk. 80/70/100 is only really enough to take any one fire hit, so it won't be contributing much to the fire matchup that cradily doesn't already do. In addition, while having rain may seem appealing, the rest of your team doesn't care much for it at all, and having only one setter that has to take a hit to put it down severely hampers its effectiveness. Instead, it's worth considering scarf rotom, breloom, whimsicott, and any of the other fast or strong priority grasses to provide your team with the insurance against strong sweepers that it desperately needs.
madman404

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:04 pm

madman404 wrote:Hello Hydre! It's neat to see somebody using sub salac chesnaught, so I'm just gonna leave some advice. First off, you appear to lack a phazer. There's an easy remedy to this, though. I suggest you replace shiinotic with Amoonguss. Amoonguss also functions as a fighting resist, can learn spore, and in addition can pack phazing. As for evs, it's probably safe to use the ORAS OU analysis, as physical defensive amoonguss fits the niche you're looking for the best. Most of the rest of the team is fine, so I'm just going to settle on one last thing, and that's ludicolo. While ludicolo may look appealing at first thanks to its ability and typing providing it a neutrality and offensive edge against fire, it has numerous flaws that beat out any potential benefit. To begin, its got pretty average bulk. 80/70/100 is only really enough to take any one fire hit, so it won't be contributing much to the fire matchup that cradily doesn't already do. In addition, while having rain may seem appealing, the rest of your team doesn't care much for it at all, and having only one setter that has to take a hit to put it down severely hampers its effectiveness. Instead, it's worth considering scarf rotom, breloom, whimsicott, and any of the other fast or strong priority grasses to provide your team with the insurance against strong sweepers that it desperately needs.

I'll definitely consider using amoonguss over shiinotic, but I still wanna experiment with the new fairy shroom. Probably in the future or if I need to go serious.

For the slot over ludicolo, I may go for scarf rotom or offensive whimsi over it, as I badly need a 'strong' special hitter and breloom will only add another physical killer/cleaner. THanks for the input though!

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top