[Fire RMT] Rise again, Sun

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Fire RMT] Rise again, Sun

Post by FloPloK on Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:07 am

Hello!

It's been some time since I've been on the site due to school problems, but now I am back! (Sad to see many people gone ;-; )

I've been looking at Gen 7 mons for a while, and experimenting. I've made a Fire team, composed of 2 gen 7 Pokemon I found interesting to use.

Salazzle @ Life Orb  
Ability: Corrosion  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Sludge Wave  
- Fire Blast  
- Nasty Plot  
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Salazzle was a Pokemon that caught my eye. Decent stats, mainly on SpA and Speed which creeps past base 115's. This was aimed to be a sweeper w/ the help of others.Unfortunately, it's moves is not too eyecatching, as it has barely any coverage moves. The typing was not good either, as it opened itself to many weaknesses.

[ALTERNATIVE]
Delphox @ Life Orb  
Ability: Blaze  
Timid Nature  
- Grass Knot  
- Fire Blast  
- Psyshock  
- Calm Mind

Incineroar @ Choice Scarf  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Darkest Lariat  
- Flare Blitz  
- U-turn  
- Earthquake  

To counteract it's Psychic weakness, I have tried another Gen 7 pokemon, the Fire Starter Pokemon, Incineroar. I placed a scarf on it, as I needed it to outspeed mons like Gengar. Moves are self explanatory.

Infernape @ Focus Sash  
Jolly Nature  
- Taunt  
- Close Combat  
- Stealth Rock  
- Flare Blitz  

Basic rock setter Infernape. Can use Focus Blast and Overheat if you prefer it alive after Rock setting.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y  
Timid Nature  
- Fire Blast  
- Solar Beam  
- Roost  
- Air Slash  / HP Ice

The one that empowers the team. Sun advantage is the most effective in cancelling out Water's effectiveness, whlist boosting Fire's abilities. Generally, the team revolved around it, as it is the catalyst to offense.

[ALTERNATIVE]
Volcanion @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Water Absorb  
Timid Nature  
- Steam Eruption  
- Fire Blast  
- Focus Blast  
- Earth Power

Water absorber, too.

Arcanine @ Life Orb  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Morning Sun  
- Extreme Speed  
- Close Combat  
- Flare Blitz  

Physcial attacker of the team, with Intimidate. Intimidate forces a lot of switches, more than you expect. Plus, Arcanine is supplied with Extreme Speed, As well as Close Combat.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Trick  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Thunderbolt  
- Overheat  

Here, well, Just needed a filler mon to take some Thunderbolts. Chose a trick Specs set over Scarf since I have Incineroar as Scarf.

I will/might be posting teams for all the types I am going to make if I make time for it. Thank you for reading this. ^^

FloPloK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Fire RMT] Rise again, Sun

Post by Enchidio on Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:44 am

Good team! However, there are a few edits. Completely optional, though. It is your team, after all!
Delphox seems a bit mediocre for the alternative. Here's a better alternative:
Volcarona @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Flame Body  
Modest Nature  
- Quiver Dance  
- Fiery Dance  
- Bug Buzz  
- Giga Drain
I know that it's a rather generic set and you may be trying to avoid it but regardless. It's much better than Delphox despite its x4 weakness to rocks.

Incineroar's alright. Don't have much against the scarf set except that I'd wait for Intimidate to be released so you can use a neat AV set.

Infernape should be using Mach Punch/Endeavor or Mach Punch or Vacuum Wave (?)/Overheat. Flare Blitz shouldn't be used on the sash set in the rare occasion that you have the possibility of setting up rocks again.

M-Char shouldn't be using HP Ice. I dunno, just seems sort of weird. Air Slash is best. Maybe Hidden Power Ground, but I don't know much about M-Char-Y.

If Arcanine has LO, it shouldn't have recovery. If Arcanine has recovery, it shouldn't have LO. One or the other. Also, if you don't want recovery, replace Morning Sun with Wild Charge, and if you want recovery, use this set:
Arcanine @ Leftovers  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Morning Sun  
- Flare Blitz  
- Extreme Speed  
- Close Combat

Rotom's set is weird but I don't think it's that bad so you can leave it that way. Maybe I'll find myself getting destroyed by it, haha.

That's all. Pretty good team otherwise.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im a voice
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:00 am

Hey there, Flo.

Char X is also an option over Y, if you really need the physical strength. Bread and butter 252/252 Char X with DD will do, or even with Will-O-Wisp over Roost/EQ.

Torkoal is also an option over Infernape. Moreover, Torkoal has Drought now., so you won't miss the sun when Char Y is gone.

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mukyuuri on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Heya there. This team already has a strong basis to it (hard and heavy hitting right off the gate), which I really like! However, there are some edits that i'd like to recommend. (take these with a grain of salt)

- The Salazzle set is already pretty nice. However, it has troubles dealing with Rock types. HP Ground is a nice alternative for HP Ice, as it lets you deal with those pesky rock types while also letting you 2HKO all Toxapex variants with a Nasty Plot boost.
  Minor improvement, but Oblivious > Corrosion on Salazzle, as you're not running Toxic on it. Oblivious lets you keep using Nasty Plot against Prankster (or faster) Taunt users, such as Sableye.

- The Delphox set is alright. However, as Enchidio said, Volcarona is a better option if you're planning to use Delphox as a set-up sweeper, despite its 4x Stealth Rock weakness.

- Incineroar is... eh, without Intimidate. Even with Intimidate, you already have Arcanine on your team to soak physical hits as well as attack. Thus, I'd like to recommend that you replace Incineroar with Darmanitan.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Sheer Force  
Jolly Nature  
- Flare Blitz  
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake  
- U-turn

Set is self-explanatory. Flare Blitz is main STAB that kills nearly everything, Rock Slide + Earthquake hits everything that Flare Blitz doesn't, U-turn lets you pivot out.

- This Infernape set is alright. You can also use Mach Punch + Endeavor to nab a guaranteed kill on non-ghost types, or you can use special-based Overheat + Focus Blast if you don't want to die from recoil.

- So is this Mega Charizard Y set. One thing I can offer as an alternative is Defog over Roost; your team has no way of disposing of hazards otherwise, and Char-Y is enough of a threat that you can get one off for free most of the time.

- This Volcanion set is also a-ok. You can run a Grassium Z Solar Beam set if you want to definitely kill a Water type, though that comes at the cost of it being a one-time use.

- This Arcanine set... is counterproductive. If you're planning to run it as an all-out physical attacker with bonus Intimidate, run Wild Charge over Morning Sun, as that lets it hit quite a few key targets like Pelipper, Mantine, Azumarill, and many other Water types.
 However, since your team struggles a ton with Dragon teams (Outrage spam comes to mind), a good alternative is a Physically Defensive Arcanine set.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

This set is your designated physical wall, incredibly tough to kill physically. Switch it in on physical threats, burn them, and start healing up the damage dealt to you with Morning Sun. Flare Blitz makes you much less passive, and Roar lets you phase out things that would otherwise set up on you.

- Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-Heat is not that great, as you're locked into it once you've picked it, and it doesn't offer the fast stop that Scarf Will-o-Wisp would give you. Instead, I highly recommend that you replace Will-o-Wisp with either Volt Switch (eases switch predictions) or HP Ice (hits Dragon types).
 Also, very minor improvement, but have 248 Speed EVs on Rotom-Heat instead of 244 EVs, as that lets it be able to outspeed base 85 positive speed Pokemon. 244 just makes you speedtie with them, and a coinflip is not worth the 1 point in Special Defense.

Relevant calcs:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Salazzle Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 226-268 (74.3 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Salazzle Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 172-203 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Salazzle: 158-188 (57 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Salazzle can set up Nasty Plot as Toxapex switches in, dent it heavily while taking a Scald, then either force a switch or kill it outright.

-1 252+ Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 136-162 (35.5 - 42.2%) -- 90.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 136-162 (35.5 - 42.2%) -- 90.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 182-216 (47.5 - 56.3%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Arcanine can tank a bunch of physical attacks, then burn them and heal the rest of the damage off.

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 242-289 (63.1 - 75.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

It's also one of your few ways of checking Excadrill, which otherwise mows through entire Fire teams.

Other than that, though, it's a pretty good team. Hope my advice helps you somewhat, at the very least.

Last edited by Mukyuuri on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor grammar edit that was bothering me)

Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FloPloK on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:48 am

Thank you everyone! ^^

Changes made :

Salazzle @ Life Orb
Ability: Corrosion Oblivious
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Incineroar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
- Trick Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt Discharge
- Overheat

I will update later once I tested the team out properly, whether I will use Torkoal or not.

Thank you to Xanthopoulus, Mukyuuri and Enchidio for helping!

FloPloK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:36 am

You're always welcome. And if you need someone to test your team on, I'm the one.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im a voice
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down