[Water RMT] Tidal Waves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Water RMT] Tidal Waves

Post by FloPloK on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:41 am

Hello everyone! First, thank you for all who helped with my Fire team, now, we move on to their fierce rival, Water!

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stealth Rock
- Hammer Arm

Again, I've decided to use weathers to my advantage. Swampert is an effective sweeper under the rain, with Rain boosted Waterfalls and 100 base power Earthquakes. Stealth Rock is used on it because there is simply no hazard setter I want on my team other than Swampert. Also, Swampert will force switches, so it is a good time to set up rocks. Hammer Arm is used to hit Ferrothorn effectively.

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Toxic

After Pelipper has gotten Drizzle in Gen 7, I believe lots of us had bid farewell to Politoed. Basic moves, as you like it, with U-Turn so that I can scout for switches and to switch safely into Swampert. Toxic can be replaced with Tailwind if you prefer it.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain

Anti-Grass mon in the team. Liquid Ooze shuts down a lot of things in Grass(Leech Seed, Giga Drain), and more importantly, it can hit back. It also functions as the teams' spinner to clear hazards. EV used to outspeed Base 70 with full speed, and base 100 with no speed.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD/ 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

Electric absorber. With these two, I covered Water's weakness. Also serves as the teams' healer, and para user.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Bounce / Earthquake
- Waterfall

Team's alternative Sweeper. It can mow down teams simply with 1 DDance. Subs can prevent it from being hit with Will-O's and TWaves. I haven't invest my time in making a proper EV set since I have studies ^^", But I think this is good enough.

Primarina @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 168 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

As always, I wanted to try a new Pokemon. I had Azumarill on this slot before I realized that I have no SpA threat. Primarina looked good on paper, so I've decided to try it out. I've decided to run a full-offense with LO just to maximize it's threat potential. Moves are self explanatory, with Psychic and Ice Beam hitting Poison and Grass types respectively.

Rate my team from 1~5, and post ways I can change my team! Thank you for reading!

FloPloK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Water RMT] Tidal Waves

Post by Mukyuuri on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:35 am

You're just gonna go through all the types one by one, huh? Well, fine by me. Means I get to give mediocre advice more often.

- Swampertite isn't released yet, so sadly, Mega Swampert cannot be used (sad, I know). As such, I'd like to recommend you replace Swampert with one of two other legend/mega slots: Palkia, or Mega Sharpedo.

kyogre's my mom (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Pressure  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Hydro Pump  
- Spacial Rend  
- Thunder  
- Surf/Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Click Hydro Pump, kill shit. Spacial Rend covers Dragon types, and Thunder covers Water types. Surf is a more accurate STAB if you don't need the miss chance. Flamethrower/Fire Blast are just there to kill Ferrothorn, which otherwise walls this set (Flamethrower OHKOs PhysDef sets, while Fire Blast almost always OHKOs SpDef sets). This still gives you an Electric neutrality, and is a damn good special-based cleaner.

- On the other hand, if you either want this to still be a knight team or want a physically inclined cleaner instead, use Sharpedo-Mega.

mr sharks wild ride (Sharpedo) @ Sharpedonite  
Ability: Rough Skin  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Crunch  
- Psychic Fangs  
- Waterfall  
- Protect

Protect first turn, then Mega and click Crunch to kill things. Psychic Fangs and Waterfall are there for souped up coverage.

- I recommend that you replace Toxic with Roost on Pelipper. Pelipper really needs the extra recovery to stay healthy throughout the match, and you can always just U-turn out into an answer if something tries to take advantage of your passiveness. Not that you're that passive; 95 Sp.Atk is good for a physical wall!

- Giga Drain doesn't hit much on Tentacruel that your STABs don't already (besides Gastrodon, but that's what your other team members are for). As such, I recommend that you replace Giga Drain with Knock Off, which has the utility of removing items. It's also important since otherwise, your team gets walled by Normal's core of Porygon2/Chansey.

- No qualms with this Lanturn set. It's very good as is.

- This Gyarados set is alright as well.

- Since the absence of Swampert means that you don't have a hazard setter anymore, and since you still need a SpA threat (other than Palkia if you use that), I'd recommend you replace Primarina with Empoleon.

insert smash meme (Empoleon) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Torrent  
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Hydro Pump/Scald  
- Ice Beam  
- Grass Knot  
- Stealth Rock

Set is pretty simple to use; use Hydro Pump/Scald to immediately deal a shitton of damage. Ice Beam along with Grass Knot nets you perfect coverage. Stealth Rock is there in case you desperately need it up against things that threaten Water, like Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona.

I'm not going to give a numerical rating, since I'm terrible at that. But this team does seem like it has a lot of potential! Really liking it.

Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:42 am

^^^Ditto on Swampert

You can try Omastar as a hazard setter too :

Omastar @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Haze / Toxic Spikes /Toxic
- Scald

You can keep Swampert too, as a rock setter. But, Pelipper will have to go, as it's use is subpar. You can make Gyarados your Mega instead. With Crunch/EQ over Bounce.

If you're taking out Pelipper, use :

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot / Reflect Type / Ice Beam / HP Fire

Reflect Type is just a suggestion, but not recommended.

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top