Your Future Plans

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Future Plans

Post by TF2 Medic on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:03 am

So this is something that has been bothering me for a while now. When its time to leave the site, what will you do? Lets face the facts here, to make it in the world you need a job. And that takes a lot of time away. Or you might just outgrow the site all together. So thats what this thread it for. What are you going to do after you leave the site?

I started to wonder about this when i was looking for a job in the U.S Military to help support my parents and brothers.

So this is somewhere where you can discuss about what you plan on doing after you leave showdown, and get support from others.
TF2 Medic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Future Plans

Post by Cassie AKA Spear (Absol) on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:34 am

This is the three things I hope for myself.

A: I wish to become a marine biologist, animals have always been something I loved, and aquatic wildlife interests me a lot. By the time I am old enough and out of school, I'm hoping we will be closer to finding ways to saving endangered marine wildlife. I hope to be a part of this process.

B: A full time Twitch Streamer and Youtuber. If for some reason I somehow get really popular clicking circles on osu!, I would most likely become a full time streamer and youtuber, as gaming is a HUGE part of my life, and if I could make a living off of it, that'd be amazing.

C: I can also do rock music, and am currently in a band. It's something that if we're able to get popular enough, I'd also be able to make into a career.
Cassie AKA Spear (Absol)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TF2 Medic on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:37 pm

I have a firend who wants to be a marine biologist. Sadly she is the only one i know who wants to do that as a career. As for the band: Woo hoo another musical person! I'm in a band as well (school one that is) as a percussionist. Sure its not as nice as a rock band but its music nonetheless. And lastly the youtube thing... send me the channel name. I'll subscribe. I always enjoy watching what people do with youtube. But with all three of those options, i really hope that one of them works out and that you enjoy what you do in your life
TF2 Medic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena(Lopunny) on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:30 am

Last edited by Serena(Lopunny) on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Serena(Lopunny)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yung$$$ on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:04 am

>Implying you can just leave Pokemon Showdown

All shit posting aside though, I see myself doing the same things I was doing on the site but just on a different platform or medium.
Yung$$$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm never leaving Pokemon Showdown, honestly. But if I do I'm gonna devote my time to either being a missionary, teaching people religious stuff (which is what I may do when the time comes, which is very soon), work at the restaurant of my half-brothers' father, or write a book, particularly to entertain.
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yung Kujo on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:12 pm

i wanna make the rp room a better place
Yung Kujo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TurtleWarlord on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:20 pm

as for leaving…
hah.

Wait that was serious?

Anyway, here's what I aspire to do!

1. Pursue Psychology (While I want to be a therapist, I don't know 100% if it is in fact what I will end up doing.) The psychological career includes study about how the mind works, and how to make people feel better. Which is freaking great. I hate seeing people sad, and I instantly want to go up to & comfort anyone I see crying or otherwise sad. I am told I have the empathy and sympathy… in real life anyway… to pursue therapy, but if I end up not doing that, I know for sure I will pursue this general field. Also to run away from math. Screw math.

2. make a channel at some point on youtube. This is like, a horrible career choice. Mostly because you have to be good to make money, and I don't just mean slightly good. I mean "I would rather have to work 1000 hours in therapy" good. You can't pay your taxes unless you're insanely popular, and usually to jumpstart your career someone popular needs to comment on one of your videos or your profile, otherwise it is slow uphill or just VERY slow uphill. All the same, I do want to make one, potentially when I'm a noisy teen in my bedroom playing codpokemon.

3. Get married, potentially have kids. One of the best ways to succeed as a person is to pass on your genes… totally not just for animals, it goes for humans too, yeah. But I don't want to be alone all my life, and I don't want it to just be with a roommate, either. I've had numerous crushes on girls in real life, none in the tech world (Then again, I'm not the type to look for relationships online. I just find it… a bad idea, you can't see the person.) I currently do have my eye on one-- might ask her out around highschool.

4. Die. I don't want to live forever. That would suck, then everyone around me that I love would be dying :c

AAAND… SPEED ROUND!
This is so I don't flood the page.

buy a house, buy a car, donate to a charity, finish playing all the video games I have, get more in now extinct series, have grandkids, help out at least 10 homeless people by giving them blankets pillows and a bag of food as well as a cup of water.

I may seem ambitious, but I really just… well, want to do as much with my existence as possible.
TurtleWarlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:25 am

Leaving PS, uh? Well... Good question. Probably what I'm already doing

1 : Finally get my Computing Science Bachelor. Helps when looking for a job in that industry, gives knowledge on how to make stuff yourself...

2 : Manage to find a job in Canada, Australia or Japan, or other countries. I want to travel, yada yada.

You can actually have both a job and hang out on PS, or pursue studies. But don't expect to stay around and chill, roleplaying all day.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TF2 Medic on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:16 pm

New job idea

Become an Animator for Pixar, dreamworks, youtube, or any media that animates (yes even Disney if it comes down to it)
TF2 Medic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena(Lopunny) on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:48 pm

And also, as Hydre said, you can have a job and hang out in PS from time to time. Well, in most cases. =w="
Serena(Lopunny)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TF2 Medic on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Key word is most cases. The military only gives 1 month off with pay ((doesnt sound bad)) but for the other 11 months your away from a computer or phone
TF2 Medic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fitzmagic on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:28 pm

You also have passes as well, the military is actually a lot like any other job where you do your shift and have time off afterwards. You will never be in war 24/7 (my brother was stationed in Alconbury England for five years with one deployment to Iraq and one to Qatar, and during his span in Texas he was not deployed at all) and in many cases you will have access to the internet. So you actually do not need to worry all too much about being away from a computer or phone.

Now, I will bore the universe with my answer to this thread.

Late teens - Early Twenties: Short-term, planning to go to SATs this year, gonna start looking into colleges by the end of this year for ones offering good classes on an Associate's in Arts Degree. I've had my eye on a couple for starter colleges (I cannot afford to go right into a big college) and right now I'm looking at Northhampton Community College, which I plan to do online to save costs. In terms of jobs I have a plan to get work at Dan Shingara Enterprises Inc, mainly working small jobs such as cleaning and greasing trucks as well as different types of off hand work. If I cannot get hooked up with a job there then I will look elsewhere. (Normal teenager jobs, Cole's, Arby's etc.) Best case scenario: By the end of this part I can get my own apartment.

Mid-Twenties - Mid-Thirties: This part of my life will grant focus to getting a better paying job with my degree. If I can find a job that pays more than whatever job I have currently I will take it. If I was unable to get my own apartment sooner I'd use the extra money given to me by the newer job to do so. Once I can build up enough money I will begin looking for a college that can provide me my Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science (I will still have student loans of course but I would like to have a start). After getting my Bachelor's I will look for a good law school to provide me my Juris Doctor's. After that I am hoping to get a good job in law.

Late thirties and on: This is where my actual dream gets started. With the knowledge of law I will have learned throughout my years in college I am hoping to start my political career a bit before I am forty. Perhaps looking for something lower at first such as Borough Committee or County Commissioner, then work my way up as time goes on. I want to see how high I can go. My biggest goal is to one day become President of the United States, but of course that is quite the large and hard to achieve goal so I will focus on just how far I can make it in the world of politics.

If my political science plan does not work out, my backup plan is to enlist in the United States Air Force. My goal in the end is to help my country in whatever way I can, but I have learned through the short portion of my life I have lived through that law is something I enjoy greatly. If that does not work out in the end though, then I want to help my country in the more direct way of the U.S. Military like my brother had.
Ryan Fitzmagic
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TF2 Medic on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Wow you have your whole life planed out ryan. And here i just decided to join the U.S Air Force as Emergency Management or something medical... how you get to do what you want to in political science
TF2 Medic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SquirtleChimchar on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:03 pm

I honestly hope that I never have to leave Showdown, as it's filled with so many good people. Anyway, to my plans.

I want to get a job in Computer Science. I have always been interested in it, and I feel like the chance that you could make or design something world-changing really appealed to me.

SquirtleChimchar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top