The Cendrian Monotype League

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cendrian Monotype League

Post by Hindrest on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:12 pm

So. Lately, or more so every Freeroam, I have noticed a number of people walking around wielding Champion OC's, Gym Leader OC's, and elite four OC's. All of who'm bear little to no meaning, solely for the fact that there are [i]so many of them.[i] The reason why they bear so little meaning in the eyes of people, is because it's ridiculously easy to become them-by simply changing your username to include any title you please, or simply forming a character to be as such.

If your really dedicated to creating an OC with meaning however, that has affiliations to Champions, Gym Leaders and Elite Fours, then I present to you The Cendrian Mono League. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ranjHRCCmFo1klfxxvN3uk_z98ZUk1ezWEx3gvXQDiA/edit

The Cendrian Monotype League is really just something I came up with off the top of my head, but it encompasses a new way to quote on quote: "Become a champion." I made it for the purpose to at least give some meaning behind what it meant to be a gym leader/elite four, etc, as opposed to having 32 different people claiming to be apart of the same elite four;creating mass confusion. Granted if you have looked at the document at this point, you may have noticed that things work quite differently as opposed to the generic way of setting up a league. This was purposefully done so that it can encompass everyone who wants to join.

Feedback is nice if you have any, and PM Hindrest/Illusion of Time if you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this. You may also PM him to be included within the document as well.

Hindrest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cendrian Monotype League

Post by Psychoreality on Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:14 am

This is an interesting concept. Don't think it'll ever become official since it could just de-incentivise having meaningful battle-themed RP in the future but having some kind of structure isn't a terrible idea, honestly.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:13 am

Interesting concept as Psycho said, and can help give actual structure to the mess that are gym leaders/champions/etc in FR. With that said, I feel that the part stating not to challenge someone in the League with a monotype team is a hassle. After all, you're supposedly able to at least give someone challenging you a run for their money, type advantage or not. There are near always workarounds to advantages.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top