[RMT] Fairy Dust

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT] Fairy Dust

Post by Fervis on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi everyone! I've finally decided that I'm sick and tired of being inactive whenever a CQ pops up in the rp room. So, I've decided to make a CQ team of my own, so i can participate. However, due to inexperience even in regular monotype battles, I think I might need some help. I would really appreciate all of you who can help me with my team Smile

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Serene Grace  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Air Slash  
- Fire Blast  
- Tri Attack  
- Aura Sphere  

Ok. I took Togekiss because of its decent speed stat, which can be made even better with the choice scarf. Coupled with serene grace, this pokemon can act as a suicide killer, or a revenge killer. Fire blast and aura sphere can take steel and rock types down, air slash for that 60% chance to flinch an opponent and tri attack for a 40% chance to burn, paralyze or freeze.

Ribombee @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Shield Dust  
Modest Nature  
- Quiver Dance  
- Bug Buzz  
- Moonblast  
- Psychic  

I chose ribombee because it is another fast special attacker to counter those who are not specially defensive (or when togekiss fainted). I sashed it so that it can pull off at least one quiver dance, and the other moves are for coverage. Bug buzz and moonblast are STAB, and psychic is to counter the poison types.

Klefki @ Light Clay  
Ability: Prankster  
Careful Nature  
- Light Screen  
- Reflect  
- Play Rough  
- Toxic  

Klefki is a defensive pokemon on my team. With prankster, it can set up the dual screens and use its bulk to withstand attacks thrown at it. Against the dark types who are immune to prankster, klefki also knows play rough. Finally, toxic is to wear my opponents down.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Huge Power  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Belly Drum  
- Aqua Jet  
- Knock Off  
- Play Rough  

This one is a little risky to have on my team. It gives me a 'go big or go home' feeling. Huge power boosts attack, which will be boosted more with belly drum. The sitrus restores some hp, and aqua jet makes up for Azumarill's bad speed. Knock off can remove items from my opponents and play rough is for STAB.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band  
Ability: Electric Surge  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- U-turn  
- Brave Bird  
- Return  
- Wild Charge  

Tapu koko is my fast physical attacker. It is faster than its attack strength, so I gave it the choice band. Its 4 moves are soley for coverage and u-turn to switch out. If there is a better coverage move than return, do let me know.

Comfey @ Big Root  
Ability: Flower Veil  
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 4 SpA / 124 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Aromatherapy  
- Leech Seed  
- Substitute  
- Energy Ball  

Comfey is the second staller of my team. Substitute allows it to take some damage and leech seed+big root helps to resore the hp. Aromatherapy heals teammates and energy ball is there just for coverage, because I do not have any other grass damaging move on my team.

As always, I'd appreciate it if you can help me improve my team. A big thanks to those who took the time and effort to help me improve my team!
Fervis
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT] Fairy Dust

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 am

just saying, I think aguav berry would be better on azu, unless that doesn't activate at half?
In all honesty, tapu koko is best when ran mixed too. Don't have the ev's n stuff on me but I can give you a moveset.
Thunderbolt, Volt switch, Dazzling Gleam, Brave Bird is the set I see most often but physical works too I guess.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:56 am

Got a bunch (a lot) of comments to do on that team, though I enjoy seeing people using less-represented 'mons.

Togekiss : Scarf set is nice, but I'd personally remove tri-attack for dazzling-gleam. I can see why you use it (40% status, yes please), but the fact that you can't choose said status doesn't make it reliable enough. Yes, statusing something is always good, but you'll also miss out on crucial damage, as togekiss hits hard but not enough to kill stuff it needs with 'coverage' moves.

Ribombee : Sash is a nice item, but I'd personally use a pseudo-volcarona set with dual stab, quiv dance, roost and leftovers. That gives it a bit of staying power once it has danced once, while not removing damage. Also, psychic as a coverage move only gives you cover for poison (since fighting is done by moonblast). If you really want to use 3 attack, quiv dance and sash, consider HP Rock/Ground to work around flying types/steel and rock types.

Klefki : Thunder Wave > Toxic. You'll want that speed drop, even if paralysis got nerfed in gen 7. Toxic is better on defensive teams, but yours isn't defensive enough to benefit from toxic.

Azumarill : That is the standard set. However, something to consider in gen 7 is normalium-z to use along with belly drum. Recovery is always nice to have on the chubby fairy.

Tapu-Koko : Physical koko has its benefits, and your team benefits from it. I'd personally switch to a mixed set, however, or use another tapu whatsoever (Tapu lele helps a lot on fairy). If you consider the mixed set, run bravebird, u-turn, thunderbolt and dazzling, with a life orb.

Comfey : The flower necklace has triage, which is incredibly annoying to deal with. A moveset I can recommend using is Calm Mind, Draining kiss (that gets the prio boost, mind you), Synthesis and either Aromatherapy or another offensive move to threaten stuff. It's incredibly annoying.

Final notes : If you want a more defensive team, you can also switch Ribombee for Shiinotic. They literally have nothing in common, but Shiinotic can deal with physical attackers nicely.

Have fun!

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:48 am

Hey.

For Comfey
Comfey @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy / Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Draining Kiss / Energy Ball

Big Root heals 15.6% from Leech Seed (12%x1.3 = 15.6), with Leftovers it heals 18% (12% + 6%), so use Leftovers instead. If you want to stall, just use Toxic + Leech Seed.

Togekiss
Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 SpA / 24 SpD / 176 Spe
Gentle Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Fire Blast

This set is optional, as it is my set.
EV are for : 60 SpA - KO's Ferrothorn after 1 Air Slash + 1 Fire Blast.
176 Spe - Outspeed base 100 with no speed invest
You seem to lack a special attacker, you can use :

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot / Dazzling Gleam

Ribombee can be replaced with :

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

This is your 'fast option' when you need to KO something. Healing Wish serves to protect your sweeper. Normally, I pair this with Mega Mawile, but Tapu Koko will do.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Nature's Madness
- Brave Bird
- Volt Switch

This allows more mobility on Tapu Koko. Will be a shame to bind it with a Band, with an anti-stall move like Nature's Madness. U-Turn is an option if you want it to be Jolly Natured.

With Azumarill and Togekiss, there is a prominent Electric weakness. So, you can consider fitting Whimsicott into the team.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt / Substitude / Knock Off
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain

This is another stall item that will work wonders.

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Foul Play / Flash Cannon
- Magic Coat
- Thunder Wave / Toxic

Alternative Klefki set to have hazards on.

I would set your team like this :

Azumarill - Klefki - Tapu Koko/Mega Mawile - Gardevoir - Comfey/Whimsicott - Togekiss

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:53 am

Oh Azumarill too :

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower / Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Speed investment is used to outspeed base 70's with 0 speed investment(Skarmory etc)

Your power option, as this can clean house if it is used as a late game sweeper/wallbreaker.

**Note : Pranksters move do not work on Dark types anymore.

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:27 am

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn / Nature's Madness / Dazzling Gleam
p standard, volt switch and tbolt are main options for damage, hp ice gets good chip on grounds, or if they're dangerous for tapu koko to be out against, uturn out. as said, uturn is mainly for mons that are immune to volt switch and you really need to get out. damage output with uturn isnt necessary. slashed nature's madness if you want a anti-stall option, but stall in cq isnt too common. dazzling gleam is if you really want to run dual stabs.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band / Fightnium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt
- Megahorn / Stone Edge

bulu is also an option, grassy terrain gives a free leftovers to every grounded mon, not to mention it hits like a train. Wood Hammer is the obligatory move that ohkos defensive landot through intimidate, yeahyeah. superpower is for hitting steels for good damage, will ohko most steels not named skarm and doublade (not sure abt celesteela but o well.) zen hits poisons, yeah. idk what megahorn hits but it is there. slashed stoneedge if that is your fancy.
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fervis on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:46 am

Thanks for your advice guys! Will be working on my team and will post the updated form when i'm done.
Fervis
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fervis on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:11 am

Sorry for the delay guys! (and sorry for the double post). I got caught up with school and did not have much time to think of my fairy team, let alone rp. Here is the updated form of the team. It is still subject to changes though.

Flinchy (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere

I switched tri attack with dazzling gleam and fire blast with flamethrower. The 85% accuracy of fire blast was simply just too unreliable i suppose, so i took flamethrower instead.

Honeybee (Ribombee) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shield Dust
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Moonblast
- Roost

I took Hydre's advice and switched focus sash with leftovers, and psychic for roost. This pokemon is still subject to changes though.

Keyring (Klefki) @ Light Clay
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave

Once again, I took Hydre's advice and switched toxic for thunder wave, and it is working like a charm. However, due to changes in my team, I may be taking Xanthopolus' advice abd switch klefki out for whimsi, because I'm removing koko from my team.

Bunny (Azumarill) @ Normalium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

The only big change here is that instead of the sitrus, it has the normalium Z. Might think of letting it hold aguav/wiki (that sort) though.

Lei (Comfey) @ Big Root
Ability: Triage
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Draining Kiss

I took Hydre's advice here and replaced leech seed with draining kiss, substitute with calm mind and energy ball with synthesis. I have found that it works well to 'block' special attackers (with light screen from klefki) and then deal huge damage with priority draining kiss.

Jaws (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

This is a new 'mon on my team, with mega-mawile finally being released. So, I scrapped koko and replaced it with this. With 'assist' from klefki's dual screen, mega-mawile can set up with swords dance. Then, it can deal lots of damage with its boosted attack power, with iron head and play rough for stab and knock off to remove items. I rarely use mega-mawile at all though, so i'm unsure of its ideal set. Out of all the 'mons, this one is probably the one that needs the most fine-tuning.

Once again, sorry for the delay. I do really appreciate the help that you guys gave me to help make version 2.0 of my team. Thanks guys!
Fervis
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:12 pm

I'd recommend running sucker punch on a swords dance set for mmawile, as that makes revenge killing harder due to your priority. Other than that, mmawile's set is fine, although you can temper with it's hp/speed EV's to make it creep certain walls. Another option to consider on mawile is thunder punch because, although celesteela is basically nowhere, skarms, toxapexes and heatrans still wall your dual stab, and having knock for those you might as well have tpunch (except maybe for heatran). I myself would personally replace play rough, since you already have fairy stabs on your other mons like azu comfey & ribombee, but if you feel like you don't need sucker punch as much, definetly think about thunder punch on sucker punch's slot to make it harder to wall.

Aside from MMawile, I have a note to give to azumarill: Normalium Z only heals before you use belly drum, which means you should use normalium z if you expect azu to tank a hit before setting up. If you want azu to tank a hit after it drummed, sitrus berry is definetly better, as after setting you'll be on 75% hp which eases tanking. It basically depends on your team, but with klefki's double screens, you won't really take that much damage before you setup, so I find sitrus berry on double screen support better than normalium Z.

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top