Showdown journey

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Showdown journey

Post by Wolflix_and_scar on Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Hm, well for most of us showdown is place we go to and relax,to feel, like you are a part of a family, this topic basically lets you describe how your first encounter to showdown was.

For me showdown had a rocky start, I originally started off battling having no ideas what the rooms were for, one day when I couldn't find good battles I decided to go to a room: Role-playing. Now I've role played before and I loved it, so I originally used ooc cause that is what I used before. The rp it was in was trainer so I joined in and strayed from the plot by "Catching New" that was me before, so keep that in mind.

So I was muted and I left the room, but when I came back another day, it was freeroam, so I "barged" into a plot, and trust me that user was pissed off she started to cursing at me at pms and crap so...I told on her Very Happy

Though after that, I had little to no faith in the rp room, but when I got bored I gave it one last shot, and frankly that is where I met my rp wife, she helped me get to know the rp rooms and learn about rusty/amphy, and from that day forward I always came to the room.

So that was mine, post yours below Smile
Wolflix_and_scar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showdown journey

Post by Enchidio on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:16 pm

My first experience with PS! was very, very good. It was September of either 2012 or 2013, and me and my brother were intrigued by the many rooms. I had previously been on Pokemon Online, and due to an abusive room owner who owned a place called "Fun Community" called Ralts, PS didn't have a big first impression on me. But yes, the many rooms surprised me. I influenced my brother to join Tournaments and so we did. Me and my brother (eventually just me) did shit in the lively Tournaments room.

One day, I think during 2014, I went into another room: RP. I went into Trainer, which basically had a FR setting at the time. A host set the doc and people followed that Trainer setting. However the host didn't do anything for plot, it was just... Trainer. I saw the Champion of that Trainer and challenged her with some OU team saying that I used Level 100 Pokemon. After a few turns she forfeited and said something along the lines of "Fuck you". The next few months of Showdown became hazy but I do remember being related to ice or water in an Amphy CQ.

I became mainly an Amphy RPer for a bit. However Amphy was too much for me. I was not prepared for the salt, so I went into main, and then into Rusty.

2016 rolled around. I was friends with many early 2016. However, all that dropped, and I jumped into what was considered undying sadness. No one could quench it. I became a shitposter to make myself happier, however, it lowered my quality intensely.

One day, though, a moderator (not saying) told me straight out that they disapproved of my presence. They said that I promised once that I'd improve and I've gone rock bottom and that they were disappointed with how I was. I love this moderator so I changed. I also figured out stuff with users, and everything became well.

Side story, I was a trashy host for quite a bit. I was famous with Destricia the DnD and Destricia the Trainer, but that didn't mean I was necessarily good. However, new DnDs appeared, new Trainers appeared, and new RPs in general appeared. I became a great and active host, and I am still one.

I continue to grow and I want it to stay like that tbh.
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hack5 In Heaven on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:37 pm

Meh I my first time on PS kinda sucked mostly because of me. I went into the rp room as the first thing I did, I was a horrible rper that was really really really annoying as fuck. Well after that I was better until I got banned for about ten minutes (Thanks again for that everyone who got me unbanned) After awhile I made a bunch of friends and I'm a much better rper in my opinion.
Hack5 In Heaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TurtleWarlord on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:38 am

God, thats… thats so long ago, umm… Well, lets see here. Its all hazy af, but I think… the first time I entered the rping room was just for watching it, and I learned most rules, I then decided to join in on a trainer about 10 months after, with bulbarawr. I had a starter and was going to catch this electrike I saw. I bet I was annoying, but bulbarawr didn't mind, which was nice.

I got a few pm rp partners, one of which was a zoroark who I even made a houndour oc with (thank you for rping with me man! sorry I don't remember your name.) I'd say my first official oc, though, with a… ahem. "Character" was marcus the zubat. Very bland though. Main characteristic was he was annoying and was in a zubat cave. But hey, I didn't do any stereotype starter ocs!

I did a lot of other things, like jack mightyena poke high and this really great host cater pie, but I'd like to do more important events. So… I met waroo one day as atom, after rping with ANOTHER now-gone person. All my friends are gone... Pokemon exile, who I was atom the joltik for. That was where I became yami from, and we've been friends ever since.

I've seen a lot of people mature, and I hope to do so more myself. If I can remember more I'll edit this a bit later.
TurtleWarlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kori on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:23 pm

While it may not seem like it I have actually been using showdown since mid-2014 under a different account. I joined because I had just started looking up pokemon stuff online after playing and really liking Pixelmon (Dont judge me it was a different time) and I noticed that most people didnt seem to be playing a main series pokemon game when they battled. Eventually I found out that they were playing this thing called Pokemon Showdown.

After looking it up I created an account using my Minecraft user name and started playing. I mostly played random battles due to not knowing how to make a good team and being to shy to even join any of the rooms let alone ask for help. Eventually though I bratched out and started trying out team building. It was in doing this that I joined a room for the first time. The tournaments room.

I didnt talk much, again due to me being too shy, but I always tried to join every tournament I could. It was my goal to eventually win one and gain all the fame that comes with that. At the time I thought that got you fame. Never did win any but I always had a lot of fun doing that. I stopped using showdown to focus on exams in eary 2015 then picked it back up in the summer. Around that time I discovered my favorite tier-PU. Most of the pokemon I liked where pokemon that didnt get used much in the higher tiers, finding PU and finally getting to nuse a bunch of them without being destroyed was awesome. Then in late 2015/early 2016 I found the RP room.

Ive actually been RPing since around 2011/2012 where I used to RP on Moshi Monsters (anyone remember that thing?) but I hadnt done it on a regular basis since late 2013 when my RP group disbanded for good. Because of this I was really nervous to join the RP room. I had about a billion thoughts in my head that all when along the lines of "what if I suck and everyone hates me?". Eventually I just decided screw it and joined the room.

After embarassing myself a few times I decided to take up a rp name and pokemon which eventually became Kori(Cryogonal). I then roleplayed up untill around October or November when I left due to problems with both college and depression. But now I am back. Still shy and still very socially awkward, but back.

Well that was longer than I thought it would be. If you want to ask me any questions or want to correct my grammar/spelling feel free to do so.
Kori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotom's Pokedex on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:49 pm

Well.. It is quite hard to tell how I was before joining the RP room, but I'll try and give the rundown on my journey on PS.

I joined on August 27, 2014 as Diancietherock, a simple yet lovely name in my heart. I dwelled in Lobby and Wi-Fi mostly, but I personally felt comfortable in those two rooms, and stuck with them for quite some time. (PS: I don't really like Lobby anymore.) However, I remember that I took a long break from Pokemon, living a regular life for about a year; not to return at all during those times.

One morning, I was walking down the hall, looking in drawers for things to clean out. As I was doing so, I ironically found my X cartridge, curiously eyeing it. Out of curiosity, I put it in my 3DS (which is now broken and replaced with a 2DS) and resumed my playthrough.

After some time, I re-entered DIDNEY WORL Pokemon Showdown, and started to do quite a lot of trades. On that note, I do not do many trades nowadays, considering the wide variety you could trade back in the golden days of Wi-Fi; you could even trade flawless 6IV legends without proof! To me, this was certainly something. And so, I stayed in Wi-Fi mainly, holding giveaways and trading for some amazing stuff, even taking the time to hunt down shiny Pokemon full odds.

Finally, we are brought to the RP era. In mid 2016, I was brought to the RP room via a simple link from a staff redirecting a person asking about it. Curiously, I entered, looking at the wide variety of RPs. At first, I entered as Diancie, but was shot down by RP-goers, saying that permission was needed. Stubbornly, I resorted to Lizzie the Braixen, entering an RP with a Butterfree and engaging in combat. I sure as heck loved those times, but it kinda went downhill when I tried to make some RPs.

Initially, I created the SS. Paradise (expect a remake soon, kiddies) to appeal to the general vibe of the room; and it was awesome. Many people loved it, with few hating on it; and at the time, I loved to host, until the next one came along- the unholy Pokehigh with Events. Now, compared to the SS. Paradise, this RP got tons of hate, once being instantly ended by a staff member (t'was a mod, but not willing to say exactly who it was.) and being sent PMs saying "I'd rather drink bleach than roleplay in this." I felt rather sad, and even consulted The Happy Place at one point. Eventually, I got out of the swing of things, even going the distance to quit for a month.

Upon my return, I was remembered a slight bit, and it felt nice. I begun talking to people (Kimono Kakashi, CHC, Enchidio, Skiddy the Skiddo, etc) and got a bit more confident hosting. Really, I don't remember much of the RPs I made, but I feel like the most rememberable one to me that I made was The Fuji House, an RP based off of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and a dash of inspiration from "What does the Future Hold?" by Arti. I hosted a few times, and certainly liked it. From there, I begun to once again get out of the swing of things, and just began to RP regularly in Freeroam, Cruise, the Infamous Prom, and others. And, from there, I got something I never thought I'd get; the rank of Voice! I felt rather surprised that I got it, and I only began to improve from there; improving plots, sharing ideas with others, and often participating in Conquest.

And, well, that's about it! Thanks to all of you guys for gettin' me to where I am now, and I feel truly blessed to be right here now. Again, thank you; and have a great day! Very Happy

hi, i'm no longer active but thanks for seeing this dump, pls contact me on Pokefarm
• dump •:

Did you expect to find anything important in here? No? Just take some dancing birds.

credits to top.mailbox on PFQ for avatar
Rotom's Pokedex
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fervis on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:47 am

I first joined showdown in June last year, i think. I apparently discovered it from a blog that i actively followed (unfortunatly, it closed). I was curious about what this "showdown" thing was, so i went to check it out. Besides, i was getting really bored with playing pokemon heartgold all the time. I started with random battles using my then main account (now its my alt), and slowly gained battle experience. After I felt that I had enough battle experience, I created my very first team for the ubers tier, using some of the tactics i had learnt in the random battles.

My team for ubers was sweet. I had some awesome sweeps while i was avidly battling in ubers. But, i was getting bored, bored of things happening the same old way. Back then, my team was structured for epic sweeps, rather than slow victories, because of the time constraint I have in my schedule (yes, that's why I cannot rp for too long). Often, I had to forcefully forfeit the battle because of my schedule, even though I was winning. That made me consider just watching battles instead of battling it. Now, that brought me to my very first niche, 1v1.

Admittedly, my team for 1v1 is extremely outdated at this time. But back in its hay days, i used to win tons of battles with my 1v1 team, and cause my gxe to be high enough for my liking. I was really contented with my performance during that period. But me being me, I wanted to try something else. That brings me to where i am now, in the field of balanced hackmons.

I started off with a crappy bh team tbh. During my first days of bh, my team got rekt no matter who i battled. I got pretty frustrated and abandoned bh for a while. But something about it drew me back, and i decided to continue to try, to observe how other people battle, and improve. I improved exponentially after that and my team was a solid one as of gen 6 bh. In my gen 6 bh days, i'm pretty sure i battled enchi a couple of times, with my other account.

While i was swimming in adrenaline, i decided to check out some rooms for fun. The room i was particularly intriqued about was of course, the rp room. I've always wanted to rp, but never really got the time to. Nonetheless, I decided to enter and check it out. I noticed that my old username would look awkward in the rp room, which prompted me to switch to this name, Fervis, for good. In my early days in the rp room, i was highly inactive, just watching how people rp so that i don't make a fool of myself. Eventually, after i decided on a personality for my oc, i had my first rp, a mm. Unfortunately, i had to gtg because of my schedule. My time in the room kinda snowballed since then, with me popping in more often now than i did before. And as a finisher, if i'm inactive in the room sometimes, i sincerely apologise. I'm still quite new and shy, i suppose (as compared to others). I also could have been pursuing my other passion in ps: balanced hackmons.

Last edited by Fervis on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Fervis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:12 am

I heard about PS from an old friend of mine. I first joined Showdown on August 7th, 2013, and took a quick look around. I battled my friend a few times but never really got into it at all, so I just left. Six months I was gone... and on a whim I decided to go back and look through the site a little more closely. 

Before RP I had a couple year's experience on Neopets. However, that forum was long dead before I joined PS - which was why I was so excited to find a thriving community. In my excitement I ended up getting warned within the first few minutes of my joining for all caps. After that I decided to read the rules and familiarize myself with the room a little more.

For a bit I lurked and watched, and many users were willing to help me out ("how do you do that thing with the dot next to your name?"). Luckily my time on Neo already gave me a bit of basic knowledge, such as what OOC was. I tried out a slew of different RPs - but it was Conquest that drew me in the most.

At this point I was totally ass at battling. My moniker, Lily (Lilligant), meant I had to take Grass and therefore every mon HAD to run Sleep Powder. Not Spore. Sleep Powder. I didn't know what EVs or IVs were and I didn't even have a clue about entry hazards or predictions. 

My enthusiasm for Conquest is partly what earned me recognition and, just a few weeks after joining, Voice. I took it upon myself to write an official document for the RP and for a while I hosted it as often as I could. It was so exciting and it felt really good to be recognized as a user.

Back in those days I was quite timid about staff/auth. Naturally I had no idea what the ranks symbolized, but once I did I was like many of you are today: Intimidated. The concept of someone holding power over me was so ingrained that I was determined to be liked. 

About two weeks later I received Driver, and a few weeks after that, Moderator. Being promoted each time was a great surprise, and brought a euphoric sense of achievement. I was told that my promotions were probably the quickest in the room (by merit). 

Over time, however, I grew increasingly frustrated with both myself and the users. I got more and more temperamental and even had to have a few talks from the ROs at the time. Eventually I resigned for a bit and devoted more of my time to the MOBA room. Of course, after a break I felt a lot better. Not as jaded, not as frustrated. So I came back - and since then I've taken breaks when I've felt I needed to. 

I don't remember exactly when I was promoted to Room Owner. It feels like it's been ages, though it's probably been closer to something like a year and a half. Since then I've always done what I felt was best for the room - and for everyone in it. I like to think that though I can be a little barbed at times, I'm still fairly approachable and people can count on me to do right by them. 

In any case, my journey has been going on for three years and it's still not over yet.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LumaSoul on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 am

Well, I started PS in December of 2012 (who would've thought) after Haydunn of all people did live battles on the ladder. Back then I was pretty big on Pokemon, so I thought that competitive battling was the next place. I said to myself, "eyy, how hard can it be? Haydunn can do it so easily, so can I!"

...Just a pro tip, DON'T use Specs Ferrothorn in my OU games, for the love of Arceus, don't. It was a horrifying experience.

Back then, I was known as the stupid user called Shadow Lugia! Yes, I somehow got "Shadow Lugia" registered. Feels good. Anyway, I used to be a god awful user on Showdown who used to suck up to staff but also flame them hard. This persisted for a while, as back then, I got mad extreeeemely easy.

But, enough about how trash I was in Lobby, back when PS didn't have rooms. Having been former staff at about four other rooms including THP and Trivia, I was no stranger to the other places Showdown had to offer. Though, back then I was still a bit of a Lobby rat. The RP room was a commonly brought up topic, an infamous one, too. Hell, I'd say it's what gets Lobby riled up 101% of the time, just the thought of people typing up stories.

So, what did I do upon hearing of the RP room? What did I do when I first even set foot in the place?
Spoiler:

I too was complete rubbish.

Having become sick of shitting up the place for keks, I decided that I really wanted to make the place better, and to make the room more liked within the Showdown community, as I was someone who had seen both ends of the spectrum - the people who were active participants in RP, and the people who despised it. It took me some time but I started to grow an appreciation of the room, too. Helped that I have an interest in creatively writing. However, first came a long period of lurking.

Slowly, I began speaking, making social interaction with people there. Having been on Showdown for a crapton of time, I didn't really need help with OOC or /me or any of that - I just really, really, needed to know the rules and how each RP worked. I read a bunch, and then joined Freeroam for the first time. With my first two friends, Styx and former moderator Milli(anah, sorry original Milli, if you still exist). After a bit of extended Freeroam plots, I got room voiced as Rosalina und Luma, the most imaginative name in existence. Back then, I didn't even know what these "gijinka" were - I just roleplayed as a girl with pyrokinesis.

A while later, I become a room driver, I feel it's due to my blessed dead hour timezone, which leaves me with a barren roleplaying room...bloody Americans. Soon after, moderator. It was a good feeling, like I was getting somewhere in the world, regarding the room. Like I had impact. Sadly, I was trigger happy and triggered-happy, so after a bit, I took a long, necessary break so that I could be less of a crap staff member.
Also, because I was so freaking sick of Rotom-Wash in OU.

6 months or 7 months later, that's now. I come back and I'm currently doing my best to make links with the room again, even though a lot of the old faces I knew are now gone. Still though, it feels like the room's gotten considerably better. PS seems to talk less trash about RP, too. Good job, us.

tl;dr luma started as a god awful user, slowly became very chill over four to five years (at least, I feel so).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:35 am

Articuno has been Owner since early 2015. *factcheck*

Only a few users on PS will have a longer history than me, so I'll try not to include too much of the nitty gritty.
A friend of mine noticed a reddit post about Pokemon Showdown back in January-Febuary 2012 (I think). We all grew up with Pokemon Red/Blue so we were pretty keen to have a look. It had a nifty random battle thing which let us play without making teams, although I tended to win most of the time. Eventually we put a challenge to each other, build monotype teams and fight with those instead. When I won all of those as well my friends sort of gave up on the whole pokemon thing and went off on their own.

I stuck around though. I battled occasionally and one day decided to participate in chat (the server had about 200 users at the time). Someone had started a thing about using gym leader names, which Zarel was encouraging. I decided I'd join in and had a look at my favourite mono-teams from playing with my friends. Normal and Steel rose to the top, and not wanting to be Norman (heavens forbid I choose Whitney) I decided to pick Jasmine.
I picked up global voice the same day (it was pretty easy to get at the time) and just under a week later I was promoted to mod while I was helping rewrite all of the short descriptions for moves. We've changed the code a lot since then, but if you're old enough you might remember some moves having the description "It's complicated"

There were about 5 main mods on PS at the time and my experience with communities in the past pushed me to the forefront of policy development. Eventually I was promoted to Admin (which was actually Leader), primarily to remind people that I sort of knew what I was talking about. As the Smogon merge hit I had a minor crisis which called my attention away... and when you leave in the middle of something like that it's very hard to come back.

But come back I did. I refused to be repromoted for a couple of days but eventually allowed it to happen, being set back to leader so I can get back to handling policy matters. A couple months later I was promoted to admin and worked alongside Hugendugen, then Haunter, then later just me trying to put in place all of the policies PS would need as it continued to gain new features. I created probably about a quarter of all the rooms on the server, as well as putting in place almost all of the policies that govern room creation and management. Originally, rooms were granted essentially by asking, a quick fix for an exciting new feature. Realising the inherent problem we changed these rules, but we already had successful rooms under the old, and we weren't going to screw with that now.

One of those rooms was Roleplaying. I had heard a fair bit about trolls raiding the RP room, as well as some discontent among global staff about the way the room was being handled, being approached once or twice with a request to take over the room and set it on track. Instead, I got in contact with one of the room owners (Skitty) and worked out what was going on. I quickly identified one problem I had with the room and fixed that by creating Amphy. I was 'asked' to become RO (I suggested it and nobody objected strongly enough) and the two rooms were merged. With Skitty and Formerhope's help, we hit the RP room with a string of changes that turned it in to what it is today. RPs were banned, merged or improved... staff was turned on its head, given a good shaking and set right again. Rules were rewritten and expanded... and most importantly the raids were bopped on the nose with a few server locks as warning.

Around the same time as I got in to the RP room I also created a few OCs so I could get to know the room better. To those wondering why I have Mew AND Mewtwo perms, this is why. Mist and The Master were created back then, used as GM (game master) tools to advance plots, with Mist allowing me to interact directly with one or two users at a time, and The Master serving as an antagonist to throw at the entire room. It was about this time I took note of our lovely Lux, and noticing his aptitude with RP thought he'd make a good voice (I don't do many promotions, so I tend to remember the ones I suggest)

Over a year ago now I retired as Jasmine and took up my original name of Rico. I wanted Pokemon Showdown to continue to grow, but felt that my presence would not allow that... too often people would just leave things to me to do, and I'd happily do them... or ignore them. I was going to leave PS for good, but found I enjoyed managing RP more without all the admin stuff to worry about. I began working on more direct projects, aiming to give users everything I would want as a roleplayer, expanding Rusty, introducing the world map, changing the legend system, more contests...

Unfortunately I don't get to roleplay a whole lot. Usually you'll only see me in the room if I'm checking in on something I have to join the server for, or because Arti has told me I'm to RP now. Despite retiring as an admin, I still have that love for policy... so most of my interaction with the room has been about adding or changing what makes the room what it is. I'm working on something right now in fact, and I haven't forgotten about the world map, it's just really daunting. I actually have plans to rework the map with all our winning entries in to something a little more accessible, but that's for another time.

I'm not going anywhere soon, except perhaps by plane.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEpicKyurem on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:53 pm

When I first found PS, I only used it to test out some ideas for teams that I had. A couple of them were really good, but most stunk. I continued this trend for a few weeks or so, I can't really remember, before finding out that the site actually had rooms where you could chat with others. My eyes quickly fell on the Roleplaying Room, and I was pretty curious about it. I have to admit, my first times in the room weren't that fun. I was usually alone when I tried to start a plot, and I got kind of angry easily. Soon enough, however, I learned how the room worked and eventually got into the swing of things.

I don't really know what impression I have on other people in the RP room, but I try my best to make a good impression. I hated to get on people's bad sides, and that's why for the first few months of being on the site, I usually just watched rps, with the occasional join in, and most of the time I did join in I just kept to myself. Now, however, be became less shy and try to join into an open plot, and I really think this has helped my self-esteem not just in the RP room, but in real life as well.

I don't really have any major friends in the room still, due to me being quite new, but I know that I have come a long way from just being the quiet guy that only watched. Of course, I am still careful of what I say or do, but I am becoming more comfortable in the room, and I really hope that I can continue to rp with you all in the near future.
TheEpicKyurem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolflix_and_scar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:21 pm

Hey guys thanks for posting your entry's so far ^_^ I enjoy reading them so fun fact! I was ban three times!

2/3 were ip trolls

The other time was me just being a scrub, but the mod who did it understood, thanks Arti! ^-^
Wolflix_and_scar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Huh. Neat.
So, I joined PS! last February under the alt 'Raptoripper' (don't check my stats tyvm) and got into LC rather quickly. I was quite a friendly guy, and someone who I met on the ladder invited me to a group of highly skilled showdown players to help me improve. After a while, I was just searching up Pokémon Showdown on the 'net as I was bored, and a suggested search to me was roleplaying forums (This was around about the end of October). I clicked on them, and realised that this seemed pretty cool. I made my introduction in November, and shortly thereafter made the edgy Batman Cubone OC, Banshee. After a few introductions, a cool kid called 'LargeJellopy' said they hadn't seen me around the room much. I went into the room quickly, and was rather unknown. I attempted to host MM a few times, and got shot down by a specific mod for c/p'ing my intro from the doc. I was a bit of a sore loser and I took this as a challenge, making multiple documents for MM and attempting to host them, and to this day I still don't really get to host. That November I switched alts to 'TheHauntedTrainer', which is where I started to make a few friends. Well, one. Thanks LottyLoop. I did nothing really, until February 14th. This is where I started to gather my, 'fame', if you will. I met the majority of my friends here, and most of the users in the room liked me. That is where I am now and where I would like to remain. Special thanks to some of my more major friends :
Rotom's Pokedex, Serena, Kimono Kakashi, Flare(Flareon), TheOneAndOnlyYin, Enchidio.
I have met a few more peeps recently, so I won't bother naming them as there is too many and I named them all in the appreciation thread. Also, I was bat shit scared of the voices when I first joined, but now I know that they're cool.

RYAN IS A LOSER
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Day of the Dead on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:44 am

Well, PS went around my school like a drug. I mainly used it for battles and such on my iPad until it got blocked by our school. I always used the computer at home then every day after school. I found the rooms and I stayed in the YouTube room for a while, starting to get the feel for competitive battling. One time, we were shitposting hard woth /me and a mod called to stop and instead go to the roleplaying room. Now, I was having tons of fun and I went. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a plane MM hosted by Historia (Raichu). I kept going on top of the plane. Literally my first message in the room was "((What does this do?))"

Since then, I became enveloped in roleplaying and I eventually forgot about YouTube. It was so much fun and there were many nice people. Shout out to: Historia (Raichu), Ariel (Absol)/Flare Blitzle, partially Ravenn (Absol). I eventually changed alts to Midnight Nat :3 and became very popular for my MMs and PMDs. Eventually, I became obsessed with fnaf (puke) and became friends with people, such as Renata.

Renata was one of my best friends. We bonded over a PM RP and even began to date after a while. Before I got voice.

I got voice on September 3rd, 2015. That was the day Renata and I started to have problems.

She was one of my best friends and began to hate me. Not only that, I already had people on my tail. I fell into a depression, a hardened shell because of real life and also PS.

I met Styx, kinda obsessed over him but to no avail, and then I met Lufia on Christmas and a month later we began to date.

This continued for about a year until I learned to accept that there was something wrong with me. I made up with Renata. I changed my main voiced alt to Titanic's Dhelmise because I didn't really want to use Day of the Dead anymore for cultural and personal reasons.

And that's my story. I've been here for three years.

Last edited by Day of the Dead on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by SleekzZero on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:24 pm

I haven't been here for long enough, but I guess I could spare some?
I started playing PS around the 12th of May, 2015, with a bunch of friend while I was away for the summer with a China summer tour. There was nothing much about it- just battling random people, and besting others with ubers. It was fun.

When I got home, I didn't really devote time to PS. I focused more on my studies, so I ended up >almost< not remembering about it. Until around this year, probably July, when I got this iPad for "school work", I decided to play PS in my free time. I fumbled around in the Lobby, and Tournaments, but there was not much to it. Eventually, I just stuck to battling in AG, Random and Ubers. During that time I still carried with me my very first account, Rekit. (I had so much other alts, could not remember why I made them.)

A month later, I looked into the many rooms of PS. I joined BattleDome, Mafia, and the like, but I didn't stay long. It wasn't my taste. Then suddenly, I entered the Roleplaying room. The first rp I saw was Trainer being hosted by Chaewon. I got interested, but was almost warned with a mute because I didn't comply with the OOC rule. Well, way before then, I used to rp in other websites, even games. So I had some knowledge. Days after that I was able to fit in the room quite nicely and I also made some friends.

That's the time I made my main account, Rhunz. It came from a nickname I made up around 2015 November. I kept it as regard to my real name (Its just a twist, so have fun guessing it.)

November last year, I heard of this "Legend System" and I wanted to try it out. Then moderators told me you had to apply for it, so, well, I checked this forums out (which made me join around 9 of December?)  During another Freeroam session I met a guy named Bulbabeam (my internet buddy) and he was rping as his legend, so we went away with rping, and we soon got to talk to each other more frequently. With his legend I was inspired to make a legend for myself, which lead to Darkrai.

For around 6 weeks of waiting, I didn't think I'd get it. There were other competitors, and I feared that one would get it. There was also Arti's threat before, so I got nervous about it. But then she said herself since there were others applying for it, she'd take Magearna instead. I still had hope. Then come around January 18 this year, I was given access to Darkrai. (Yaaaaazi :3)

I've only been here for around months, but I could say myself that I've grown to like the room for the daily shitpost I see from outside people and the many bans casted upon other rowdy people. It was fun to look at and see how they'd react to the OOC rule and all that.

I really hope I get to know more of everyone around here. I guess, that's my story, huh. Where would this go next? It's up to you people to decide Wink
SleekzZero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top