Showdown journey

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Showdown journey

Post by Illario on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:15 pm

what's that? a place to reminisce over nostalgic events?!?! well golly gee!!

(note: There might be grammar issues due to phone)

Where to start... I'd originally been a part of a different roleplaying server for four or five years. It was far less active than Showdown even in its bustling times and I had prioritized battling through roleplaying with some friends and acquaintances. I've always been a competitive person but back then it was at its prime, dedicating myself to improvement of writing solely to probe to myself that I could be great too. I did improve, but as time went on the community matured and went their own path, leaving me somewhato lost as to where to go and what to do in my free time.

This is around the time I started exploring Showdown. It was very brief visits to the different rooms at first in late 2013 to early 2014, though eventually I realized there was a Roleplaying room if I scrolled down and immediately became fascinated- not in participating there, but in bringing them to my old server. It was... a pretty miserable attempt.

Eventually at the sight of certain roleplay I began to participate more frequently, starting with me barging into different roleplays due to my lack of experience with the room's norms to finally beginning to wait for others to participate. Some did, starting with Dracon and some Cottonee OC and eventually spreading out to Vlazzah, Hydre, Meaty/Arsith and much more.

I also had a very... mm... narcissistic personality. I think at this point it's become sort of a me thing to be a sarcastic nerd that tries to act cooler than he is. Ironically, I adopted this because I wanted to become someone more amazing than how I really was. In the end I ended up adopting this personality that melded into my actual character, for better or worse. It was nice, acting confident and secure, and it gave me strength to do things I wouldn't otherwise do.

Once I found out about hosting I immediately tried it. Users like Areidis and Kantsu perked my interests and I used their documents as a rough basis for my own. They weren't great looking back on them but it apparently had appeal because some really liked them, examples being the very first End of an Era roleplays and the 'one and only' ten hour trainer roleplay.

I think I also got voice around this time, which made me feel... strange in a way. I'd always sought for voice on that old server so receiving it there within a year was surreal to me. I even remember resenting the thought of being promoted as I never really felt like I was deserving compared to others. Didn't stop me from blushing in appreciation though.

I made a lot of mistakes as voice. This was mainly because it functioned so much differently from where I'd come from. It took a while before I understood that it represented more of a 'pretty great user' award than 'staff member'.

I also earned driver later down the line, and that I believe is where I changed to Illario. A lot of people think I changed from Isis (Dragonite) because of its comparison to the terrorist group, but it was actually because I wanted a one-word username because I thought they were cooler and simpler. I also went to penny for help with this and oh God that was the worst move of my life. She denied so many names I had in mind... but hey! I ended up with Illario, so yeah.

Some more fuck ups later and I became moderator. That's... about it. Admittedly, there are times where I wish I could go back in time, or never have come here, or even start completely fresh. But I think everyone has those thoughts, so I've come to accept who I am and what I've done. Besides, more importantly...

This is how I came to love Dragonite.

... *sips tea*
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xck on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:59 pm

oh, lord, my memory is horrendous, but I'll try my best to recall my origins.

I had always had a knack for writing. ive always been a naturally creative person, with both my art and my writing, and loved to churn out story after story. my roleplaying experiences was embarrassing; i roleplayed on sites like roblox and minecraft, and did more ""literate"" roleplays with my friends in 7th grade. we made fantrolls, and i had one of the most annoying characters to ever grace our fansession: ecckoh kamada. he was an edgy little fuck and I try to forget him. but, nevertheless, my roleplaying background was at least something to start with.

I remember one of my first times on showdown very vividly; it had begun as a place for me to battle with one of my friends but eventually morphed into a place where i had very close friends and could just have a nice time roleplaying.

I remember entering the roleplaying room for the first time. i was in history class: there was a substitute at the desk, the lights were dimmed, and I was seated on the countertop. i noticed there was a roleplaying chatroom, and I thought "im good at roleplaying!" (this was a lie) and so i hopped in. god knows what my name was at the time, but the real kicker is what i roleplayed as.

i was jirachi.
i got muted very quickly, clearly. i dont even remember if the rp was freeroam, but there i was, a jirachi sitting in a tree.

then i stayed away from the room for a bit, i think. i couldnt tell you exactly when i came back or when i started getting active in the community, but i can tell you that it wasnt all too pretty. i recently dug up some of my older docs and whoo boy. they were.. something. i dont think i ever even hosted that doc, honestly. but i kept making them and i am very glad i did. my doc-making skills have improved dramatically over the course of these few years, and its really cool to look back on these old docs.

fast forward a little while, and the summer of 8th to 9th grade hits. I took a solid 3 month or so break from PS during this time, only to have gotten back a couple of months ago. im so happy that i did, too. i havent seen a lot of people from before my break, but at the same time, ive met so many other people and become a lot more acquainted with the people of the rp community, kinda like a little home away from home. theres so many nice people in this room and ive found a lot of joy in writing again. and ive started to do it a lot more frequently, and a lot more better-er (thats a joke you can laugh its a funny).  

and now, having recently passed my two year anniversary of being a registered user, i cant say i regret much about joining the rp room.

except for the jirachi incident. i will never forget the jirachi incident.

"Knife Dad loves his children very much, and by "children", I mean "knives". His head isn't bad. One thing I want to get in here is that if he sees a knife, he legally owns it. He eats knifes for fuel. Not his kid-knives, though. Why's his head look like that? Don't sweat it. He has to keep eating knives to avoid eating his children knives. Knife Dad is Stan Lee.
He fuccs like a broken train, but he runs on time, if you know what I mean. He's part wolf, part mech, part rabbit, part fox, part sunglasses, part dragon, part dad, all dad, all knives. If you unbutton his shirt, a bunch of knives will fall out, and then he'll die, because he's just a bunch of knives under there." - Biography of Knife Dad, the world's greatest superhero and best father.
xck
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://spoyn.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 pm

my story is a pile of horse shit dipped in cyanide so its not worth telling but looking at these other peoples motivational ass journeys is nice
Lawful Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top