Arkter's Guide to Custom Making!~

Go down

Arkter's Guide to Custom Making!~

Post by Arkter on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:03 am

Hello. My name is Arkter and I have noticed that there is no definitive 'guide' to custom making. Hopefully with my guide. You can get the custom that meets your expectations

The Basics.

So let's say you have a concept for a custom. And wish to make it more than just a concept. You have to ask these questions to yourself.

Is your Custom creative and unique?

Would it appeal to different types of people?

Does it have a plot that people can follow and relate to?

If you answer yes to all of this questions. Congratulations! You have the foundation of your very own rp. However, if you think that it's a 'no' to any one of these questions. Try fixing your concept until it follows in line with the questions.

The Magic

As you already have your foundation. You can now start developing your very own custom.There is no definitive set of answers to this. However, i do have some tips that will help you along the way.

You can either make it linear or nonlinear. Each one has it's different pros and cons. Linear allows the story to be manageable. However nonlinear might give you some exciting twists.

Don't be afraid to mold and change the custom to your desire. However be careful to not overdo it.

Is what you are currently trying to develop sound absurd? If it is. Try to change the foundation. It will allow your custom to be more understandable and cleaner.

The Doc Making Process

Every custom maker has their own way of making their docs. I will list the way I do my docs. You can also change the order if you want to.

First start with the Title and the Plot. To get straight to the point

Secondly. Make the general rules of the rp and make it clean. You do not want it to confuse people

Third. Follow up with the mechanics of the custom. And make it short and simple. As you do not want to let your rpers take their time reading every single word.

And Fourth. Make the user lists so you can keep track of your rpers.

The Obstacles.

Every custom has their own obstacles to being made. And here are some of the tips i have for you

If you hit a dead end. Try to retrace your steps and redo the problem.

Do not be afraid to ask for help from other users if you are stuck and don't know what to do.

With this. You can finally send the custom to be approved! I wish you good luck in hosting!

Arkter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arkter's Guide to Custom Making!~

Post by Arkter on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:06 am

If this is posted in a wrong section I am sorry. I do not know which section to post this thread to.

Arkter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:31 am

this is a nice guide mr. arkter, it includes the basics of making customs for those new to the gig, and includes helpful tips and questions you should be asking yourself. the only thing is that, if this were me, i'd include a section going over doc aesthetic, as in what colors to use and what colors not to use, as well as fonts because lately i've been seeing too many eyebleed docs.

overall, 8/10, helpful, simple and easy to read. more people need to read this
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkter on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:24 am

Thanks for your input Lawful Evil!

Arkter

View user profile

Back to top Go down