League RP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

League RP?

Post by Dragonite99 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:25 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this so I put it here to be safe.

Just wanted to know if anyone is up for a League RP? It doesn't necessarily have to be fight on the Rift, maybe it's just like regular life outside of fighting?
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: League RP?

Post by Articuno on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:15 am

Runeterra - and by extension, every champion - has a LOT of lore behind it. If people haven't read the Journal of Justice (which had a bunch of "news" articles about Runeterra happenings), the extended and reworked lore (most recently done), or even just the short lore blurbs about any of the champions, there might be a lot of incorrect information/noncanonical issues. 

You can find the Journal of Justice Volume One, Issue One, here. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Journal_of_Justice:_Volume_1,_Issue_01

I found it a really fun and interesting read, but I enjoy lore quite a lot so yeah. That being said, it is completely possible to just make a League RP set SOMEWHERE in Runeterra. For instance, there have been short stories about Piltover and how it works, as well as Zaun. People don't necessarily have to play the game or read all the lore as long as everything is described properly. 

You can find all of the collective Champion lore here. http://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_AU/ (Note: this is an Australian link so you may have to change region, idk)

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazabeam on Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:21 am

Sounds like a cool idea, although I feel like it'd definitely be better to do it based on Runeterra and not a Rift combat focused rp. It just feels like there'd be a lot more to work with and make it expansive.

It'd probably be cool to interact with the champions if someone could portray their personalities well, because I'm not sure exactly how much would be done without the existance of the champions.

These are just my thoughts it could be good, I dunno.

Lazabeam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:55 pm

I definitely want to make this happen. Make it adventure-based. Everyone doesn't necessarily have to participant in one big group either. It can be kind of Kingdom-y, a little DnD-ish without all the rolling.

Possibly an Arcade-themed side adventure??! There's so many possibilities with a world like League.

And yes, those Journals of Justice. Sigh. Those are really good. I love reading those. And the little sections in the Champions' bios about their acceptance into the Institute of War when it still existed.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Hey with the new Champion reveal of Xayah and Rakan, I think I should start a thread on these forums for this RP. I don't think I should let them be playable since they're just revealed but I think it will be a nice hook to draw in an audience.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top