Z-Moves and Roleplaying

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Z-Moves and Roleplaying

Post by Rico on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Z-Moves are not allowed for wild pokemon. This is the same as our rules on megas, as the lore of Z-moves requires a trainer. Z-Moves in battle-centric RPs such as Conquest and GvE are subject to that RPs banlists ONLY, so if a conquest only has pokemon and no trainers but Z-Moves are allowed, then that supersedes this rule.

That said, please keep in mind that we actively encourage users to NOT use moves when they are RPing as a pokemon. A "Move" is just what a trainer has decided to call something they want their pokemon to do, so feel free to look at what your pokemon can or can't do and come up with your own idea. I could use flamethrower, or I could breathe fire at you... or I could even create a ball of fire in my hand and throw it. Don't think in moves and don't let them limit you. As long as it makes sense for your character to do it, go ahead (so avoid water moves on fire types, for example).
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Z-Moves and Roleplaying

Post by Kevinselvan on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:48 am

Ok then , how about this

Glace had no other choice. he was stuck with, ..this dude.... Glace could escape but this human was not supposed to be here. "Ok, then , i have a plan" Glace searched his satchel, and threw a ring. "wear it and dance" oddly enough the human knew what to do, they weren't trainers. but at this moment they might as well be. As the human said "Subzero SLAMMER!" The glaceon jumped u. it concentrated all it's cold hard feelings, the floor became ice as the enemies shuddered. the glaceon slammed down! as the and the ratata shattered

or something..is this allowed?

Kevinselvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:13 am

Kevinselvan wrote:Ok then , how about this

Glace had no other choice. he was stuck with, ..this dude.... Glace could escape but this human was not supposed to be here. "Ok, then , i have a plan" Glace searched his satchel, and threw a ring. "wear it and dance" oddly enough the human knew what to do, they weren't trainers. but at this moment they might as well be. As the human said "Subzero SLAMMER!" The glaceon jumped u. it concentrated all it's cold hard feelings, the floor became ice as the enemies shuddered. the glaceon slammed down! as the and the ratata shattered

Uh, no. This is basically godmodding, because a) How the hell does a Pokemon have a Z-Ring and Z-Crystal and b) you're really pushing the limits of suspension of disbelief with the trainer just listening to and obeying the commands of a Pokemon.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevinselvan on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:49 am

Psychoreality wrote:
Kevinselvan wrote:Ok then , how about this

Uh, no. This is basically godmodding, because a) How the hell does a Pokemon have a Z-Ring and Z-Crystal and b) you're really pushing the limits of suspension of disbelief with the trainer just listening to and obeying the commands of a Pokemon.

a) this is not god modding if it's in the right context
b) but my oint is, is this sort of, random trainer lus random okemlon allowed?

Kevinselvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Septette on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:54 am

Soo... What I get from this is:

-GvE and Conquest could ban Z-Moves if the host deems them too powerful.
-Wild Pokemon can't use Z-Moves, or carry a Z-Ring, because that would be OP.
-I presume it's one Z-Move per battle, akin to the games.
Septette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:11 am

Wilds cannot have z-moves not because it's op. As stated above, it is simply because they cannot. A pokemon can have a Z-ring and Z-crystal in the same way it can have a mega-stone and mega-ring, which is to say it can't. No ifs ands or buts.

Can I carry a Z-ring and give it to a random trainer so they can let me use a Z-move? Nnnno. This is a complicated one and it's easier to say no as a blanket response rather than anything else. There are circumstances where I'd allow it, but those would be subject to moderator discretion (so you'd have to bring it up with an online staff if you want to do it.
You could potentially carry a Z-ring, but once you've given it to a trainer you can never get it back from them. Similarly it's entirely on the trainer to decide whether they 'release' you or not. You are for all intents and purposes captured by the trainer, and you are not afforded the same security we normally give to wilds (capture should be discussed beforehand). Sorry, you give them that ring and say it works on you? You belong to them now.
I would personally allow it if you've never done it before, but if your characters gets in to that situation often and just happens to carry around a half dozen z-rings, you bet your bottom I'm going to say no.
All that said, please refer to the second paragraph of my first post on this topic.

On GvE and Conquest, we prefer people stick with official banlists, but if you're running a variant or somesuch and you say no z-moves or no megas or whatever else, then fine.

If z-moves are being used in battleless or in battleless formats, then yes. It should be restricted to once per 'battle'.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top