Suggestions

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Altaria of South on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:01 am

Many people think that the command .doc exists, and I think it would be cool. The text appearance to set the doc would be something like:

[12:40:29] +Southern Altaria (using me as example :I): .setdoc {link}
[12:40:31] @Roleplaying Bot: The document was set to {link}.

Then someone would make this to see the doc:

[12:50:34] Someone: .doc
[12:50:35] @Roleplaying Bot: The document is {link}.
Altaria of South

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperor of Birds on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:25 pm

if it was set like that, that means people would have to do more work to find the details of the roleplay, instead of doing .rp (which usually already has the doc shown when done) and .host, they'd have to .rp, .doc, then .host. i don't see the point
Emperor of Birds
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Yeah. What if there was a command with .seen, that is was like;

[12:50:34] User: .loginmsg bantam, hello
[12:50:35] @Roleplaying Bot/@boTTT: When bantam logs in, send message hello.
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:11 pm

PyrrhonWheatley wrote:Yeah. What if there was a command with .seen, that is was like;

Other bots actually have the feature <msg> (I think), which allows users to send messages to other users while they are offline. However, I think this command might be abused in our room so I would advise against implementing something like this.
Articuno
Room Owner
Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Ok.
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PotatoBlaster on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:08 am

Can there be an OOC thread for Forum roleplays? I see it very problematic if character sheets, OOC questions/OOC in general, and the RP itself in the same thread. I've noticed the separate threads for forum roleplays in many other Roleplay-based forums, so I'm wondering if that could possibly be integrated here as well.
PotatoBlaster

View user profile http://...

Back to top Go down

Post by Phœnix Wright on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:51 am

PyrrhonWheatley wrote:Yeah. What if there was a command with .seen, that is was like;

Literal greetbotting? Ohhhboy. . .

Phœnix Wright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:10 am

Ok, my 4th idea now, feel free to ridicule as always:

What about a room in which people can ask each other for battle/to test out Conquest teams or the such like. We often have people (Myself included) who ask the room things like "Can anyone help me test a CQ team?" or "Anyway wanna have a battle with me?"

I figure that the 'Conquest discussion' section of the 'Roleplay discussion' might get cluttered if people ask in there, and it would not necessarily stay in the spirit of the room of asking questions about the Conquest Roleplay. Plus if people just wanna ask each other to battle/about general battling, maybe we should have our own section rather then cluttering any particular section.

I know it isn't really in the spirit of the "RP" room to discuss battling.. But we do have people who enjoy talking about pokemon and pokemon battles in the down time between RP's, so I figured it may help somewhat, even if it gets barely used.

Feel free to ignore/reject this

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Maybe a third RP room, that runs Freeroam forever.
In exchange, removing Freeroam from Main's Roster.
Just Freeroam, Not it's variants..

Not because I don't like Freeroam, (I don't),
It's because it's been going on since WL+T.
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope Skie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:08 pm

SSW wrote:A daily Raffle to decide the Roleplayer of the day

Popularity Contest. Mods/RO/Drivers/Voices/Peoplethathostwaytoomuchfortheirhealth would always win lol

also people are going to vote for themselves
Penelope Skie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:08 pm

My suggestion is for the auth to have a doc or something with customs that people submitted. Only the owner can host if they are on the one alt they want to submit it under. This way, if someone else copies a file of your doc and edits it to make it look like they have permission to use it, only the person with the registered name can host it.
For example: I submit a custom under the name Drago (Dragonite). the only person that can host is Drago (Dragonite). no one else can get on your alt to host
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morfent on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:44 pm

AFAIK, additional RP rooms are out of the question. Two is already enough for the purpose each one serves. This is not a roleplaying server.

Altaria of South wrote:Many people think that the command .doc exists, and I think it would be cool. The text appearance to set the doc would be something like:

[12:40:29] +Southern Altaria (using me as example :I): .setdoc {link}
[12:40:31] @Roleplaying Bot: The document was set to {link}.

Then someone would make this to see the doc:

[12:50:34] Someone: .doc
[12:50:35] @Roleplaying Bot: The document is {link}.
.doc has been suggested many times, but it's not something I'll never add. .rp is meant to return all information about the current RP, bar the host. The name of the RP alone is useless for custom RPs, and including the doc in .rp with .doc would be redundant.

No. Greetbotting's against the rules, whether or not it's a literal bot doing it.

Last edited by Morfent on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Morfent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:36 pm

MoniStar wrote:I apologize for posting twice in a row... I often get yelled for that, but I had another probably stupid idea:

What about a Conquest room? People often talk about Conquest in the Main Chat, it's one of the more popular RP's, Plus, there has been a recent addition to the "CQ Meta-game" (If you can even call it that =P), with the release of all the new Mega-Evolutions and such, it would provide a lot to talk about (Should people actually use the room).

People could make threads about what pokemon they should include, comparisons between two pokemon, and whether or not certain pokemon are Viable. It would also help to provide a single locations where discussions can be stored and reviewed, rather then having the same discussions all the time in Main, and there can also be a post which lists all the current rules and such.

Just a thought, I Apologize if you all think it's silly (I would have included other suggestions like an Murder Mystery or University room, however I felt like Conquest would probably be the most viable.)
Monistar, sorry, but we already have two rooms, and the fact that the Help room has a "no mo' rooms" in the main message, I'd say we cannot review this idea at the time. Maybe later :]

Back to top Go down

Post by Curricull on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:57 am

What about a CQ of the week or day or month? The most epic battle in a CQ will be shown in the .intro
Curricull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bote on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:07 am

Curricull wrote:What about a CQ of the week or day or month? The most epic battle in a CQ will be shown in the .intro

Here is the one problem I see with this. The Same people would be shown every week/month. And its probably because those Same people actually know how to battle and the Roleplaying community isn't the best at that. Also we aren't a battling room as far as I know so that wouldn't exactly work out.
bote

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum