Suggestions

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by MoniStar on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:14 am

Curricull wrote:What about a CQ of the week or day or month? The most epic battle in a CQ will be shown in the .intro
In addition to the points Tour brought up, it's up to personal preference.
What if you have the following three matches in one week:

A Person with a type disadvantage makes a huge comeback
Two people have an incredibly close match, going one for one before one finally wins
One person completely destroys someone (Where both types have no type advantage)

You will find people who will think each of those are the "Best CQ of the day", making it hard to pick one on such a personal thing.

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Altaria of South on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:55 am

End polls with set time. For example, a end poll on Freeroam when one hour already passed, end poll on MM when half an hour already passed, etc. People could still create end polls when they feel like doing it.

Last edited by Altaria of South on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not clear about people doing end polls.)
Altaria of South

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:27 am

Altaria of South wrote:End polls with set time. For example, a end poll on Freeroam when one hour already passed, end poll on MM when half an hour already passed, etc.
There's no need for this at all. People will ask for perms when they feel one is necessary; no point in putting a poll 'just because'.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:34 pm

i got a suggestion for the forums. If there was a way we could change our screen names on here. i'm on another forum where you could change your screen name, but your username is always the same.
Example: I changed by name to Drago (Dragonite).
My name would show as "Drago (Dragonite)" to everyone, but the username is still the same. therefore, to log in, i must put in "Dragonite99" and my password.
I think this would be really helpful because if i had lots of schoolwork to do, and i wouldnt be able to get on here often i could put "Dragonite99~School" or something like that. This way, if occasionally my posts get low on muse, we know the reason, instead of just putting "OOC~I have school, so <message>" and everyone forgets about it.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambri on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:49 pm

Dragonite99 wrote:i got a suggestion for the forums. If there was a way we could change our screen names on here. i'm on another forum where you could change your screen name, but your username is always the same.
My name would show as "Drago (Dragonite)" to everyone, but the username is still the same. therefore, to log in, i must put in "Dragonite99" and my password.
I think this would be really helpful because if i had lots of schoolwork to do, and i wouldnt be able to get on here often i could put "Dragonite99~School" or something like that. This way, if occasionally my posts get low on muse, we know the reason, instead of just putting "OOC~I have school, so <message>" and everyone forgets about it.

I don't think this is necessary, because when you're RPing you post your character sheet, so people will know who/what you're RPing as. Also, some people might try to impersonate staff by changing their names constantly (which will result badly). Oh, and note if you're going to join a RP, know how long you're going to be on before you join the RP, because in forum RPs we take turns to post, and the host wouldn't want to wait on you forever.
Cambri

View user profile http://espurr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phœnix Wright on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Regardless of whether or not it's a good idea, I'm curious to know whether Forumotion even supports that. While it would be moderately helpful, it'd not be useful if you're in multiple RPs and... yeh, Emilyne's points make sense.
Phœnix Wright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Emilyne wrote:
Dragonite99 wrote:i got a suggestion for the forums. If there was a way we could change our screen names on here. i'm on another forum where you could change your screen name, but your username is always the same.

I don't think this is necessary, because when you're RPing you post your character sheet, so people will know who/what you're RPing as. Also, some people might try to impersonate staff by changing their names constantly (which will result badly). Oh, and note if you're going to join a RP, know how long you're going to be on before you join the RP, because in forum RPs we take turns to post, and the host wouldn't want to wait on you forever.

Ooh, ok.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Former Hope on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Yeah, I'm not actually sure we can do that. There are options to change names (as in usernames) but I don't think we can do screen names.

Altaria of South wrote:End polls with set time. For example, a end poll on Freeroam when one hour already passed, end poll on MM when half an hour already passed, etc. People could still create end polls when they feel like doing it.

We actually used to do this. Needless to say, it really didn't work well. The current system is much better.
Former Hope
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SSW on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:12 pm

.poll people have to wait for perms Right? and .poll will...
Work in PMs with roleplaying bot For perms .pollp Bot will say yes or no
Bot gives you Perms for an end poll
it willit will work in chat like if you do (not the one with perms) .pollr [Insert repost here] will appear

((I bet this will be denied Sad ))
SSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambri on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:56 pm

SSW wrote:.poll people have to wait for perms Right? and .poll will...
it willit will work in chat like if you do (not the one with perms) .pollr [Insert repost here] will appear

Denied. It is up to the staffs judgement whether or not a end poll should be posted in the chat. Note that the staff look at how the RP is doing, how the host is doing, if people are enjoying the RP or not, and the time of the RP. Roleplaying Bot is a robot, and cannot keep track of these things.
Cambri

View user profile http://espurr.com

Back to top Go down

.poll support support... support

Post by Phœnix Wright on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:20 pm

it willit will work in chat like if you do (not the one with perms) .pollr [Insert repost here] will appear.

I like this idea, personally. The bot can certainly place a limit on how frequently polls are possible, can definitely check how far along the RP is, and overall satisfaction is obviously determined by the supermajority poll itself; that's what the poll is there for in the first place, is it not? It could also automate the reposting process. However, of course, as said, it's a bot, so it can't possibly judge whether people are abusing its time limits to its strictest possibilities or whether or not the RP stable. Morf, the Master of Javascript, could probably find a way around everything, though, including a consciousness.

I think it'd be pretty cool. *shrug*
Phœnix Wright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Former Hope on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:54 am

Highlighting our buddy Ultron to just replace staff completely.

Anyhow, this is something that I'm going to put my foot down on requiring human judgement. There are a tirade of things that can influence it, and while I'm sure it might be programmable. Why bother and just keep it as staff who are more efficient in giving out permission and dealing with that.
Former Hope
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:17 am

i think there are pros and cons to this:

Pros: -there wouldn't be end poll after end poll after end poll on RPs (basically 30 seconds between each end poll)
-RP Bot would know whether or not a Poll is going on or not (so no one gets warned if there are 2 end polls u.u)

Cons: - asking auth is much more convenient
-there would need a set cool down time between poll perms from bot

I guess that it would be better for poll perms from auth even tho sometimes they forget there are end polls going on ;~;
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitty on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:28 pm

SupaDupaPikaPowah: hey skitty, are you busy? I'd like to implement a new hg rule, but my forum account doesn't work
%Skitty: implement or suggest?
%Skitty: and nope not really busy
SupaDupaPikaPowah: well I'll explain it
SupaDupaPikaPowah: so you know how there are sponsors that give stuff the the tributes
%Skitty: yeah
SupaDupaPikaPowah: the item, could miss
SupaDupaPikaPowah: you roll for it
SupaDupaPikaPowah: !roll 2
SupaDupaPikaPowah: if it's 1
SupaDupaPikaPowah: it misses

thoughts? (he couldn't post on the forums because of technical difficulties)

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile http://psroleplaying.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness (Umbreon) on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Sounds right to me. Sponsors are WAAAAAY too big of an advantage in my opinion, and it'd be more nice to add a bit more tension.

Take me for a spin, take it easy, make it redline, make it whine. Make it so we are hitting the high 90's. Make it so we are screaming our lungs out with joy as they get filled with the very smoke from the burning rubber. Do that, and we'll be great friends.

Darkness (Umbreon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next