Suggestions

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Galom on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:39 am

Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:Instead of having it 'automatic', why not make it via a .advamphy, for 'advertise amphy'? This way, a host that wants to be with a small ammount of joins, or more at ease, could still do it, while one with a clear lack of joins could get advertised to get off the ground.
I do not foresee this being an issue, as the small playercount roleplays you speak of are generally customs, which typically do not garner as many players as something like Freeroam or Murder Mystery regardless.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:23 am

For amphy if the first person who nominates a custom during rp poll, it will get the custom prio and bot will auto set the rp

but the problem is that the bot cant do an assessment if the custom is legit or not, so yeah an idea out of the whim but it would be pretty neat if its possible
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:45 am

Er a few issues with that.

1. People dont always want to go for custom priority and this would auto make them?
2.  Staff nominate the customs not the reg users.

You might have meant something different but that is how I interpret it.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Sorry but we'd like to keep custom priority as a human assessed thing.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Mon May 02, 2016 3:52 pm

Suggest: Change the Room Description
'Join a world where your imagination is the only limit'
That is currently our room description, though it's really kinda not the best room description. As much as it is a room with so much freedom, but 'imagination is the only limit' isn't really cutting that out. What I mean is that the room description most probably make people misunderstand about the room big time since your imagination has no limits and they can think of what they want even though we have rules that are needed to be followed.

Btw I don't have any ideas for a new room description if this suggestion is to be considered, I just wanted to point out about how wrong the room description is in my opinion.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Mon May 02, 2016 8:40 pm

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm really bothered by all the people running for MM hosts posting their docs in the chat. I mean, it's fine to advertise, but it gets messy when people just spam links all over the place. Has this been discussed before? Is there a way to solve this, if it needs to be resolved?
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Mon May 02, 2016 9:34 pm

Changing the room description isn't impossible, but I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the room description as is. Honestly the name of the room is probably the best description for it. Yes, we have rules that technically limit what you can do but I don't think that's a huge issue to the description.

Unfortunately there's no way for people to know what kind of host they're getting without seeing the doc (or knowing the host themselves). The only way we could change this is if we could add plain text to the poll so that docs were visible and clickable there, but that simply isn't possible. We could also put the room in to modchat, post all the links and wait for the poll to be over, but I don't think that's necessary. An RP is not in progress, so nothing particularly important is being said in chat, other than the posting of docs.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Tue May 03, 2016 5:20 am

Personally, I only post my doc (if I do run for host) once in main chat (either after PMing the user who makes the host poll, or if I am making the poll, right after I send the poll), and if anyone needs to see it again, I PM it to the user asking. Maybe not the most optimal solution to the link spam, but I'm running fine with it.
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:25 am

Uhm. 
I think the forums and the room would really benefit from a 'featured article', every week or so. You see, the ROs could choose an interesting article/project on the forums and leave a link to it in the roomintro.
Or, after the map contest ends, they could also add it as a feature in the bot. 
This could help increase the activity inside the room and inside the forums, as well as inspire people to contribute towards these projects, or learn from the articles.
For example, we could take a start by introducing interesting articles like Mono's article about Gary Stus/Mary Sues, or projects like CQ council's project 'Type Based Pokemon Tiering'.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cradle Cat on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:32 am

Fraction wrote:snip
+1. I think this is actually a decent idea, as it not only makes the work of people who write handy articles feel less like their work was not appreciated, but can also help people become better roleplayers.
Cradle Cat

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:22 am

Fraction wrote:bop
That's a great idea, this way the room can showcase articles by people who put in a lot of work, as well as help out a lot of people.
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:47 am

We are actually in the process of doing something similar, mainly aiming to find the best way to implement something like this, whether in bot messages as single line posts on occasion, or as actual 'featured' articles on the forums that people are directed to.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucariobro99 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Well, these aren't things that the room needs although I personally think it would add more charm to the room.

Plug.dj was recently reformed, and I personally loved it in the past. It'd be awesome to have another Roleplaying room plug. I don't find I need to elaborate on this as it was in the room previously, but it's just an idea that I'd love to see implemented again.

Discord is a teamspeak-like service that I personally find amazing. A certain dubtrack room I used to be apart of had a discord, of which had bots with the likes of Trivia and even a Pokemon game, had multiple chat rooms for different reasons, along with voice chats and song request rooms. I dunno, just some ideas of which I think could improve the leisure of the RP room.
Lucariobro99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:01 pm

Neither of those sites will be officially supported by our room. Plug.dj in the past has always been a problem with moderating properly and was a huge source of drama. We won't have a single Discord because it would be hell having so many people in the room at one time, not to mention the voice aspect of it. If any of you wish to make your own plug or Discord, you are welcome to, but they will not be affiliated with the room (meaning you cannot advertise them in the room itself).

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucariobro99 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:55 pm

Articuno wrote:Neither of those sites will be officially supported by our room. Plug.dj in the past has always been a problem with moderating properly and was a huge source of drama. We won't have a single Discord because it would be hell having so many people in the room at one time, not to mention the voice aspect of it. If any of you wish to make your own plug or Discord, you are welcome to, but they will not be affiliated with the room (meaning you cannot advertise them in the room itself).

Would they be able to be advertised here on the forums? Or would no correlation AT ALL?
Lucariobro99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next