Suggestions

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Lucariobro99 wrote:
Articuno wrote:Neither of those sites will be officially supported by our room. Plug.dj in the past has always been a problem with moderating properly and was a huge source of drama. We won't have a single Discord because it would be hell having so many people in the room at one time, not to mention the voice aspect of it. If any of you wish to make your own plug or Discord, you are welcome to, but they will not be affiliated with the room (meaning you cannot advertise them in the room itself).

Would they be able to be advertised here on the forums? Or would no correlation AT ALL?
What Arti said is similar to chatzy, it is not officially supported by the room but you can still make one and have your friends come and join but as you know advertising chatzy is not allowed in chat, same thing applies to Plug.dj and Discord.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ignis on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:54 am

For the forums, maybe put the Roleplaying logo from the roomintro as the banner here?
ignis
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:31 pm

add "you must be able to host if you nominate" as a rule since when i do hostpolls(especially in main) there are a lot of people who nominate roleplays without being able to host, and in amphy/rusty a lot of people get muted for being the only one to nominate a RP when they can't host it and subsequently getting muted when no one else can host it, when they don't even know they're supposed to be able to host when they nominate. i see a lot of moderators enforcing this rule, but the majority of the victims of this rule are the ones who don't know it's a rule in the first place because it isn't listed in the official rules/guidelines thread.

http://prntscr.com/bz6zw5
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cradle Cat on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:47 pm

ignis wrote:For the forums, maybe put the Roleplaying logo from the roomintro as the banner here?
You say that almost as if Forumotion lets you do that. It's a free forum, so I don't think we can actually have that work without paying money.

Also, @Lawful Evil, considering it's written in bold every time an RP poll starts, I don't think adding it to the rules that so few people actually read will help too much further.
Cradle Cat

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Psychoreality wrote:
ignis wrote:For the forums, maybe put the Roleplaying logo from the roomintro as the banner here?
You say that almost as if Forumotion lets you do that. It's a free forum, so I don't think we can actually have that work without paying money.

Also, @Lawful Evil, considering it's written in bold every time an RP poll starts, I don't think adding it to the rules that so few people actually read will help too much further.

considering it's written in bold every time an RP poll starts, a surprising amount of people seem to disregard it or don't notice it. usually the former.
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:43 am

I'll look at the general forum theme in the months to come, but I don't promise anything. I can add the banner, but I will probably have to make various alterations and I'm more likely to change the entire theme if I'm going to change something.

Edit: I've added a line to the rules, but people don't read those either so I'm not sure what more I can do with regards to nominations.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:25 am

Suggestion: Pokemon Viability thread for Knights in Conquest

Knights are very enjoyable roles in conquest if they do well. Even if the knight status cannot let you have a legend(other than from those on RU and below), being a knight allows you to have a chance to ward off worst enemies against the opposing warlord. A win is totally enjoyed when you're a knight battling an opposing warlord, since you beat someone who supposedly had an upper hand with access some strong legends, strong uber megas, or even strong traded pokemon. The problem for knighting (other than they mostly get ignored or killed alot in rp and they're basically handicapped against warlords) is that it has no direction, most would either just copy a team or some would try their numerous gimmick(I quite enjoy gimmicks XD). The point of a pokemon viability thread for knights in conquest is that knights can actually see if their ideas/sets are good/viable/non-conflicting. I simply want knights to have another competitive effect in conquest, not just a staller to formulate a plan (which is solely their vital role in conquests).
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:21 am

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-viability-rankings-v2.3575778/
Just ignore the legends you can't use.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sceptile Named Energy on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:35 pm

I have something that may or may not have been said already. I am too lazy to scroll through the 22 other pages to check. So how about, a .hostpoll (.hp for short) command? Synthia would say: To get on the hostpoll for this RP, PM Roleplaying Bot your doc and doc name. And it wouldn't include the doc nor doc name on the actual hostpoll (which would be a PS! poll of course). It would just clarify if you had a doc. I think the only problem with this would be if the original nominators didn't PM synthia and the poll wasn't made. But I guess I'll leave this up to you guys to judge this suggestion
The Sceptile Named Energy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 pm

I would personally prefer a human element to the hostpolls. We have had troll hosts in the past and there is a certain degree of qa that we need to do.

This isn't a no as it's not the worst idea necessarily, but staff would still need to be available to make sure the documents are following the room's rules.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotom's Pokedex on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Hi there.

As you may know, I took a short break to take a breather and whatnot- but I never mentioned why the staffing was poor sometimes.

Why do I believe so? Because some parts of the night (Usually 3-5am OR 7-10pm PST) are low on staff, and usually some are either unable to respond to people at the time, or they're drivers and below, who can only mute for an hour. And, in the case of spammers that come in, they'll be able to come in with alts to keep up the spam- so really, only mods+ can be able to blacklist, which can be quite gruesome for the drivers to keep up with the spam.

So, TL/DR? either be just that bit more persistent during those hours listed, or give drivers the ability to blacklist spammers. In advance, I'm sorry if I look like I know nothing about all that's going on behind the scenes, as I know very little about the staffs' timezones and whatnot.

Your Clumsy Pokedex, Rotom

Rotom's Pokedex
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fitzmagic on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:55 am

Rotom's Pokedex wrote:Hi there.

As you may know, I took a short break to take a breather and whatnot- but I never mentioned why the staffing was poor sometimes.

Why do I believe so? Because some parts of the night (Usually 3-5am OR 7-10pm PST) are low on staff, and usually some are either unable to respond to people at the time, or they're drivers and below, who can only mute for an hour. And, in the case of spammers that come in, they'll be able to come in with alts to keep up the spam- so really, only mods+ can be able to blacklist, which can be quite gruesome for the drivers to keep up with the spam.

So, TL/DR? either be just that bit more persistent during those hours listed, or give drivers the ability to blacklist spammers. In advance, I'm sorry if I look like I know nothing about all that's going on behind the scenes, as I know very little about the staffs' timezones and whatnot.

Your Clumsy Pokedex, Rotom

A reminder that staff works on a volunteer basis and many have irl things that must be attended to. No matter what the case is in the RP room usually a real life event or getting a half decent amount of sleep holds more priority over it. The staff who do remain on during those hours might also be tired and only on until another staff comes on to relieve them, so asking them to be more persistent is not the way to go there. Giving drivers the ability to blacklist is not a good idea either, if we gave drivers that ability it leaves them basically no different than moderators. If trolling is a major problem at that time there is always the option to contact a global (global % and above can lock people from talking I believe). The staff does their best to keep the room in order, but we cannot change our lifestyle for the room, we can try to focus more on those timeframes, but there is not a button that we can press that simply says 'Does a better job'.
Ryan Fitzmagic
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:18 pm

Blacklisting a user is not an urgent thing. An hour mute is plenty good enough for dealing with troublesome users. I generally do not see a need for mods to be online as opposed to drivers, it's nice but it's not required.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:20 am

Suggestion: Be able to use .void in PMs or something of sort when a RP is going on
Reason: Some End RP polls really just happen since some people want to get on with the next RP (ahem Freeroam), but sometimes they're unaware that the RP they want to have afterwards is void resulting to chat kill or an opportunity for Custom RPs or uncommon RPs to be able to run.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:34 am

That is already possible for users of any rank.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next