Suggestions

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by a 12$ window on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:06 pm

[sorry for low quality post]

I have seen many a DnD that are confusing because they do not state how stats correlate with damage, or how they even handle generic attacks.

So I'll ask to make it a requirement that every DnD has to contain information on how rolls and stats will be handled in battle.

Also show how stats are gained per level and if there are special properties to items.
a 12$ window

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:33 pm

Maybe we should add a few more roomfaqs to the thing. This will limit the amount of MOTDs that Roleplaying Bot will need to take, hence making room for more.

First six:

/roomfaq pmd = "When you nom PMD, it will automatically be corrected to DnD. This is because most PMD docs are eerily similar to DnD docs, hence they will be treated as such."

/roomfaq drugs = "All direct references to narcotics, recreational drugs, or 'getting high' are disallowed. If you're not sure what you're posting is appropriate, don't post it. Substance use and abuse isn't really appropriate for the RP room."

/roomfaq erp = "If you participate in ERP anywhere on PS (including PMs, Battle Chat and groupchats), you will be automatically and globally locked. Don't do it. Children operate PS."

/roomfaq tutor or /roomfaq helper = "You can now apply to be a Tutor or Helper by asking staff to pass your interest onto an RO or mod. They will then decide whether to consider you for a Tutor or Helper."

/roomfaq roleplaying = "Welcome to the Roleplaying Room. If you're new to Roleplaying, please read the room rules (use /rules in chat)"

/roomfaq motd = "MOTDs are displayed after every RP in main chat and after each failed poll. PM Roleplaying Bot .motd [insert natural number here] to find out more about a specific MOTD."
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:33 pm

At the moment, PMD is an alias of DnD. I can add something to that rfaq potentially.
Helpers is a bit more complicated, I have other ideas for that at the moment.
I don't think an rfaq for joining the room is necessary, as most people are not aware of rfaqs, so that stuff will just be said by someone instead.
The rest of these might be an option. I do intend to add a few more rfaqs soon and much of this was on my list.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bevs on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:40 pm

It seems as though I am unable to PM anyone do to a post number requirement which I am unsure of what that is. I would like to suggest the seven day waiting period to post RPs to be lifted along with private message post requirement. I only say this because I have written about 8 pages of lore and a starter and wasn't warned about this ahead of time and seeing as though this forum is super-uber active, I don't find it to be necessary. Could be just me though.
Bevs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:18 pm

I'm glad you like them, Rico, as I have 8 more /rfaqs to suggest.

/roomfaq blacephalon = "Unclaimed"

/roomfaq stakataka = As above.

/roomfaq poipole or /roomfaq nagandel = As above [same legend spot for both]

/roomfaq zeraora = As above

/roomfaq mega = "No Pokémon is allowed to mega evolve without a trainer present. Doubly so in freeform RPs such as Freeroam, Kingdom and PokéHigh. This is basically god modding and will be treated as such. Don't do it."

/roomfaq zmoves = "Only one Z-crystal is allowed per OC Pokémon per RP. Anything more than that isn't really realistic and will likely be considered powerplay." [I did not mention anything about special Z crystals like Lycanium Z as I do not know what the rules are on the matter.]

/roomfaq violence = "Graphic violence is completely disallowed. While it is OK to roleplay injuring, shooting or killing a Pokémon, describing violence graphically, for example, describing blood and guts going everywhere, is not OK. Keep the violence PG13."

/roomfaq worstsin = "The worst sin you can ever commit in the RP is reserving specific parts of an RP, by doc or otherwise, to people with a certain rank of the room. This is extremely elitist and staff really hate it. Don't do it."
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:27 pm

The new legends are unavailable. I don't want people to think they can request permission for them when they are not. That will be updated when we release them.

Mega and zmove could be consolidated together. We probably need to reword our policy on this anyway and get a better stance. I don't like it right now.

I don't necessarily think an rfaq on violence is hugely needed. It's in our rules and it's posted at the start of the RPs where that's relevant. I also haven't received any complaints about that for a while.

I haven't noticed the 'worstsin' show up at all, and I certainly wouldn't call it that. I could probably add something to the rfaq on staff about us being normal people, but I haven't received any complaints from staff about this so either it's not happening or it's not happening enough to bother them.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:40 pm

I'd like to also ask to take 'autism' off the banwords, replacing it with 'erp'. Censoring autism is quite offensive to people with any form of autism. I know this because I have the condition myself. However, "erp" should be censored, as people may otherwise get banned unfairly. You see, the E key is quite close to the R key, so anyone typing "Wanna RP?" may typo, revealing "Wanna ERP?" ERP is wrong, but to typo is not. So if the word "erp" was censored, the message would not go through and hence nobody would typo that when they mean "Wanna RP?"
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 pm

No. http://psroleplaying.forumotion.com/t1767-so-i-feel-like

ERP is also not being added as a banword. Most ERP related things happen in pms, and about half of those are unsolicited PMs from people with zero posts in the room. It would also prevent our staff from telling people not to do it, and potentially prevent the bot from reminding people how much of a bad thing it is. So in summary: banning the word ERP does nothing to actually stop it from happening, and plenty to hinder our ability to deal with it.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:27 am

Rico wrote: ERP is also not being added as a banword. Most ERP related things happen in pms, and about half of those are unsolicited PMs from people with zero posts in the room. It would also prevent our staff from telling people not to do it, and potentially prevent the bot from reminding people how much of a bad thing it is. So in summary: banning the word ERP does nothing to actually stop it from happening, and plenty to hinder our ability to deal with it.

While that's true and all, you may notice that in a QWERTY keyboard, the letter E is right next to the letter R, and hence someone trying to write "Wanna RP?" may typo "Wanna ERP?" and get banned unfairly just because they wanted a PMRP other than ERP.

I understand that ERP is wrong and censoring the word would cause problems (which is why I'm no longer suggesting a censor on the word), but I do not know of any foolproof plan (other than redesign the keyboards, which is beyond the ROs' control!) that will stop people from writing ERP when they mean RP. If you get my point, then please give me a thumbs up.
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 am

There's a lot more in determining if someone 'accidentally' types ERP versus if they are trolling. If a user who has been coming into the room frequently accidentally typos, it's likely they will ALSO say something like "omg I didn't mean to press that" or "oh shit I meant to type .rp". If they mistakenly typed it and happen to get banned, they can also appeal and if it is a genuine mistake we will probably unban them. 

That being said, I have NEVER seen someone truly accidentally type ERP and then get banned. The people who I HAVE seen get banned are those who ask for ERP for trolling purposes, or type .erp on purpose but claim it is accidental (context proves otherwise).

Quick edit: Also the scenario you're suggesting doesn't seem to happen very often. It would be silly to want to censor the word for a happenstance accident that may or may not happen. Also, if you're (this is a general 'you're') really that worried about typing 'erp' just read your message over before you send it. Or, if you touchtype like I do, you KNOW when you're pressing two buttons at once and it's as simple as making sure you didn't make a typo.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:57 am

="Articuno" There's a lot more in determining if someone 'accidentally' types ERP versus if they are trolling. If a user who has been coming into the room frequently accidentally typos, it's likely they will ALSO say something like "omg I didn't mean to press that" or "oh shit I meant to type .rp". If they mistakenly typed it and happen to get banned, they can also appeal and if it is a genuine mistake we will probably unban them.

That being said, I have NEVER seen someone truly accidentally type ERP and then get banned. The people who I HAVE seen get banned are those who ask for ERP for trolling purposes, or type .erp on purpose but claim it is accidental (context proves otherwise).

I see.
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:40 am

I have another suggestion. The command of the MOTDs should be in the form:

.motd [subject]

I'll explain what I mean. Everything in square brackets [] should not be in the quote. Everything in blue I have added to the quote.

.motd conquest = "Have your say in the future of Conquest: [insert link here]"

.motd rusty = "Did you know we have three rooms on PS? Learn what they're about, and maybe even schedule an RP."

.motd variant = "All RPs other than Freeroam must have a variant poll. Read more here. [insert link here]"

.motd mega = "Wild Pokemon cannot Mega Evolve or use Z-Moves. Mega evolving without a trainer is strictly disallowed."

.motd marshadow = "November 2nd marked the update for Marshadow ONLY. There are still many legends up for application!"

.motd trial = "RP Trials for legends have been extended to multiple staff members! Read more here: [insert link here]"

.motd erp = "If you participate in Erotic Roleplay, aka ERP ANYWHERE on Pokemon Showdown (Including PMs and Battle Chat) you will be permanently and globally locked. Don't do it."

.motd t&h = "Come learn about our Verified Helpers and Tutors or request help of your own! [insert link here]"

.motd rfaq = "We now have a massive amount of RoomFaqs, covering as many topics as we could think of. It works just like other PS commands, just type /roomfaq [topic] in to the chat and if we wrote one, your question will be answered."

.motd blessing = "Legendary Blessings are now active! If you have passed an AFK check you are already eligible for a tier 1 blessing."

.motd legend = "Legendary FAQs are now open to be edited! This means any legend holder is able to request a change to their roomfaq to provide other users with more information about their legend."

.motd staff = "Our staff are volunteers and are involved in our room for their love of RP. If the room's staff is putting their attention towards fixing or improving one RP when you think something else needs attention, understand as well that this is because we are just regular users, hence we too have our own interests and passions. If a staff member is on an alternate name, please do not contact them, as this is their way of enjoying Pokemon Showdown without the stress of moderating. Don't reveal a staff member's alts without permission."

.motd pmd = "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has been merged with Dungeons and Dragonites and is thus no longer an official RP. If you nominate PMD the bot will automatically correct it to DnD."

.motd simplified = "Splitting Conquest has gone to the next step, and there are now official rules for Simplified Conquest! Check them out here, and come join in on the first playthrough! [insert link here]"

The reason I suggested this is so that nobody has to go to the forums and look for the numbers in order to PM Roleplaying Bot ".motd x", where x is a natural number sufficiently small to display a message.
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:49 am

No, that's what roomfaqs are. Motds are numbered because they change and it's the easiest way to keep track of them through multiple iterations. Roomfaqs and motds are different things that serve different purposes.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marowak Market on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:04 pm

One suggestion that I thought of is adding a dedicated button on the home page of the Roleplaying chat room (like when you log in to PS!RP, there's always a window with certain information and links) which allows you open a link to the document containing the tutors and helpers. The reason being is to improve the tutor/helper system because I personally think that this feature is heavily underused. Most new players (newbies are most likely the ones who benefit most from tutors/helpers) don't know the forums exist or take a while to adjust and get situated with the forums. In the meantime, they could click a button that gives them instant access to the names of the tutors and could benefit almost immediately. Another solution could be implementing a /roomfaq tutor/helper, but as Rico stated previously you have other plans for that. Maybe making it a .motd, really anyway to advertise or promote the use is what I'm suggesting. I just find that the tutor/helper system is underutilized (or at least I think so) because of I recently figured out we had a system like this. So I assume other newbies, like me, also have little to no information about this.
Marowak Market

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Wed May 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Are the three voids coming back? I'm tired of seeing the same patterns of RPs. This is probably one of my biggest issues with the recent changes, and I'm wondering if this is being worked on.
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum