Suggestions

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Phœnix Wright on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Hunger Games isn't an RP with a solid set of hard rules. Stuff like that is and should be up to the host, imo. I do like it, though.


Last edited by Phœnix Wright on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong acronym >_>)
avatar
Phœnix Wright

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Cambri on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:19 pm

In my opinion, it should be the hosts choice. If the hosts chooses to do !roll 2, that's fine. But, if they don't want to !roll 2, they can just decide if the item that the person is getting is realistic in a Hunger Games RP.
avatar
Cambri

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 48
Join date : 2014-11-26

View user profile http://espurr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Morfent on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:58 am

Phœnix Wright wrote:
SSW wrote:.poll people have to wait for perms Right? and .poll will...
Work in PMs with roleplaying bot For perms .pollp Bot will say yes or no
Bot gives you Perms for an end poll
it willit will work in chat like if you do (not the one with perms) .pollr [Insert repost here] will appear.

I like this idea, personally. The bot can certainly place a limit on how frequently polls are possible, can definitely check how far along the RP is, and overall satisfaction is obviously determined by the supermajority poll itself; that's what the poll is there for in the first place, is it not? It could also automate the reposting process. However, of course, as said, it's a bot, so it can't possibly judge whether people are abusing its time limits to its sI'd hardly call mysea Javascript msater.trictest possibilities or whether or not the RP stable. Morf, the Master of Javascript, could probably find a way around everything, though, including a consciousness.

I think it'd be pretty cool. *shrug*
No. Poll perms are more complex than "Yes if RP was started 20 minutes ago and last poll was >15 minutes ago, otherwise no." They require a staff member's judgment because it's not not always concrete whether or not an end poll should be made. The bot's not meant to moderate for moderators entirely, because decisions like this aren't entirely black and white. Permabans, stretching, caps, etc. are, so they can be handled in part by the bot. How can it tell if people are enjoying the RP enough to say no to poll perms?

_________________
Official moderator of Help & Suggestions and Artist's Corner
Mod banners are for nerds
avatar
Morfent
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm wondering if there is a way that could have Ui run smoother. I'm out of ideas, but I think the main problem is people trying to be funny, and the class/students are chaos.

Opinions? I have no opinions anymore.
avatar
PyrrhonWheatley

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2014-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Articuno on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:18 pm

PyrrhonWheatley wrote:I'm wondering if there is a way that could have Ui run smoother. I'm out of ideas, but I think the main problem is people trying to be funny, and the class/students are chaos.

Opinions? I have no opinions anymore.

It's not up to the staff how an RP is run. Uni's success depends on the hosts; therefore, it's up to the style of the hosts/cohosts/teachers to determine how Uni goes. Of course, staff will intervene if anything inappropriate/extremely dumb comes up, but it mostly comes down to you guys.

If you want my opinion, you should choose teachers/hosts who won't do something ridiculous like "lol at the end of the day the school blows up for no reason at all!" I mean, you can't always guarantee the quality of whoever's involved in running the Uni, which I think is the main issue, since most people choose teachers Conquest-style. But I digress.

My main point is that the way Uni goes depends a lot on the quality of the host and teachers, and you're never going to get a perfect roster. So the best way to slowly improve Uni is simply to lead by example. Don't teach dumb things like "what is 249879898+1?" and actually put a bit of effort and creativity into your roleplaying.

_________________
avatar
Articuno
Room Owner
Room Owner

Status :
Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

Posts : 795
Join date : 2014-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Dragonite99 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:08 pm

uh, i know this is kinda stupid, but a variation on .poll. sometimes, people just hang out in another room while they wait for an RP to be over. they don't really check the chat very often. so people can use .poll to see if there's a poll going on. that way there isn't two polls at the same time and- yeah this sounds kinda stupid now that i say it. but it makes sense, right?
avatar
Dragonite99

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 3543
Join date : 2014-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Morfent on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:57 am

Dragonite99 wrote:uh, i know this is kinda stupid, [...]  but it makes sense, right?
umm

Anyways, I don't see the point of making a room that'll end up largely unused aside from when people would come during polls. If you want a room to wait for RPs in, check the roomlist for a room that piques your interest. Staff aaren't even making new rooms anymore in the first place either.  With .poll, there's no consistent pattern in poll end messages, so you'd end up waiting in Roleplaying until the poll ends. Neither the room nor the poll seem useful.

_________________
Official moderator of Help & Suggestions and Artist's Corner
Mod banners are for nerds
avatar
Morfent
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Maybeh add a user/poster of the day?

Just an idea.

avatar
PyrrhonWheatley

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2014-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by SSW on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Kill Perms: ask a staff For kill perms because when you have to ask someone to kill them their Reply is No
avatar
SSW

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by bote on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:25 pm

SSW wrote:Kill Perms: ask a staff For kill perms because when you have to ask someone to kill them their Reply is No
No. This is not a good idea in so many ways I feel like I do not need to explain.
avatar
bote

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Cambri on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:25 pm

PyrrhonWheatley wrote:Maybeh add a user/poster of the day?

Just an idea.


Not really sure about this idea. How will we choose the poster of the day? Where will we put the poster of the day? If someone were to say "The person who has the most number of posts should be the user/poster of the day." I'm against this idea, because their quality posts might not be the best, or in other words, it might be shitpost.

SSW wrote:Kill Perms: ask a staff For kill perms because when you have to ask someone to kill them their Reply is No

Definitely not. If you ask to kill a person, they say "no" for a reason. They don't want to die, and the staff shouldn't control someone's character.
avatar
Cambri

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 48
Join date : 2014-11-26

View user profile http://espurr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by bote on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Emilyne wrote:
PyrrhonWheatley wrote:Maybeh add a user/poster of the day?

Just an idea.


Not really sure about this idea. How will we choose the poster of the day? Where will we put the poster of the day? If someone were to say "The person who has the most number of posts should be the user/poster of the day." I'm against this idea, because their quality posts might not be the best, or in other words, it might be shitpost.

This would be possible through the method of adding widgets, which would be on the side of the forum. I believe I asked Skitty about them and told him what they can do but he just said no.
avatar
bote

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:59 am

Okay. I was thinking something like the humongous /pick or something. Thanks!
avatar
PyrrhonWheatley

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2014-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Dragonite99 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:03 pm

my suggestion for the forums: fancyposts.
they're basically, well, fancy posts. some other RPG websites have fancyposts implemented into the system. It's basically lots of code, that once you post, it'll be....fancy.

But then people would say "what is the point of these fancy posts?" or something. To keep it, like, appropriate or relevant, it has to be Pokemon themed. Or something like that.

an example of fancy post code would look like this:
Code:
[fancypost bgcolor=orange; bordercolor=transparent; borderwidth= 4px; border-radius: 50px 50px 0px 0px;]
[center][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130904045935/althistory/images/e/e5/Pokemon_logo.png[/img][/center]
[/fancypost]


[fancypost bgcolor= orange; bordercolor= transparent; borderwidth= 0px;]
 

[center][size=14pt][color=blue]I am Dragonmaster Crystal, and I have Dragonite with his TM87[/color][/size][/center]

[center][img]http://image.blingee.com/images19/content/output/000/000/000/803/824127075_955948.gif[/img][/center]

[center][size=12pt][color=purple]OOC~
IC~[/color][/size][/center]
[center][color=white]Please click![/color]
[url=http://squiby.net/level/9939723][img]http://squiby.net/view/9939723.png[/img][/url][/center]
[center][fancypost bgcolor=; border:none; height:150px; width:150px; font-family:Informal Roman;][img]http://warriorcatsrpg.com/awards/34726-mini.png[/img]
Chazz | ♂ | Dragonite99's Shadow Cat[/fancypost][/center]




[center][size=14pt][color=blue]Your argument is invalid[/color][/size][/center]


[/fancypost]


[fancypost bgcolor= orange; bordercolor=transparent; borderwidth= 0px; border-radius: 0px 0px 50px 50px;]

[center][size=9pt][color=black][c] Dragonite99[/color][/size][/center]

[/fancypost]
avatar
Dragonite99

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 3543
Join date : 2014-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Cambri on Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:51 pm

I have deleted both of your posts as they were irrelevant. Take that as a warning. Only post here if you have a decent suggestion, or you are replying to a suggestion. If you are replying, make sure you put thought in your post, don't shitpost. It's not cool. Anyway, onto the reply:

Dragonite99 wrote:my suggestion for the forums: fancyposts.
they're basically, well, fancy posts. some other RPG websites have fancyposts implemented into the system. It's basically lots of code, that once you post, it'll be....fancy.

But then people would say "what is the point of these fancy posts?" or something. To keep it, like, appropriate or relevant, it has to be Pokemon themed. Or something like that.

an example of fancy post code would look like this:
Code:
[fancypost bgcolor=orange; bordercolor=transparent; borderwidth= 4px; border-radius: 50px 50px 0px 0px;]
[center][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130904045935/althistory/images/e/e5/Pokemon_logo.png[/img][/center]
[/fancypost]


[fancypost bgcolor= orange; bordercolor= transparent; borderwidth= 0px;]
  

[center][size=14pt][color=blue]I am Dragonmaster Crystal, and I have Dragonite with his TM87[/color][/size][/center]

[center][img]http://image.blingee.com/images19/content/output/000/000/000/803/824127075_955948.gif[/img][/center]

[center][size=12pt][color=purple]OOC~
IC~[/color][/size][/center]
[center][color=white]Please click![/color]
[url=http://squiby.net/level/9939723][img]http://squiby.net/view/9939723.png[/img][/url][/center]
[center][fancypost bgcolor=; border:none; height:150px; width:150px; font-family:Informal Roman;][img]http://warriorcatsrpg.com/awards/34726-mini.png[/img]
Chazz | ♂ | Dragonite99's Shadow Cat[/fancypost][/center]




[center][size=14pt][color=blue]Your argument is invalid[/color][/size][/center]


[/fancypost]


[fancypost bgcolor= orange; bordercolor=transparent; borderwidth= 0px; border-radius: 0px 0px 50px 50px;]

[center][size=9pt][color=black][c] Dragonite99[/color][/size][/center]

[/fancypost]

Not sure if there's any reason to do this. We can be relevant, appropriate, and create Pokémon themed posts just by using our normal posts, without being fancy.
avatar
Cambri

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 48
Join date : 2014-11-26

View user profile http://espurr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum