Suggestions

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:57 pm

If you mean the room tab, that's not possible. If you mean the roomintro, I'd have to write a chat plugin to do that, which I'm not willing to do.
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambri on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:12 pm

WanderingAria, do you mean separate room tabs for each RP? If so, I'm pretty sure that's impossible.

PyrrhonWheatley wrote:If you mean the room tab, that's not possible. If you mean the roomintro, I'd have to write a chat plugin to do that, which I'm not willing to do.

No one asked you to do anything. Keep in mind that these are suggestions, they're not guaranteed.

Last edited by Emilyne on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more specific)
Cambri

View user profile http://espurr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Dafaq? I didn't write that.
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neolis on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Three RP Void in Main?
This could break up MM-FR-CQ and allow customs, kingdoms, trainers, and more in main.
Neolis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:46 pm

We tried that Neolis. It didn't really.. work? I guess not, but it was changed to two RP void.

Back to top Go down

Post by Former Hope on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Death God Anubis wrote:We tried that Neolis. It didn't really.. work? I guess not, but it was changed to two RP void.
It was actually only one Razz we've never tried three, however that seems a bit excessive.

Either way, without leaking too much as staff we are currently working on an idea that will (hopefully) increase the amount of diversity we have.
Former Hope
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Okay, what if there was a "mod" or "driver" sort of face off where two mod/driver/etc. would write down what powers their main OC has, then in a piece of writing duke it out to see who wins. Kinda like "death battle". I could draw/write things...

PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by needler on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:30 pm

So... FR and Kingdom!
As you know Kingdom is really "common" in Amphy, this means there are multiple times when it's going on in amphy and Freeroam isn't void in main. Of course this can happen with any roleplay, but it's straight forward with for example Conquest.
In the website Kingdom is in the Freeform category but Amphy's kingdoms are mostly scripted, have a doc etc. This wouldn't be a problem if all of the staff said that it's considered the same rp.

Here is the problem:
Some of the staff say it is void others say it isn't. When a poll maker remakes a poll three times because one staff member says it is void the other says it isn't.
This could be really confusing and it just takes up too much time.
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Former Hope on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Due to a recent staff decision, kingdom is now a freeroam variant. Meaning that if freeroam is in main, kingdom can't be in amphy, likewise if kingdom was one of the last two RPs, freeroam can't be done in that room.
Former Hope
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by needler on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Former Hope wrote:Due to a recent staff decision, kingdom is now a freeroam variant. Meaning that if freeroam is in main, kingdom can't be in amphy, likewise if kingdom was one of the last two RPs, freeroam can't be done in that room.

This is the same the other way around, right?
Kingdom in amphy, no fr in main.

I hope so because this will stop some of the chaos...
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by needler on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:32 pm

I know, people talk about this a lot, but I've never seen a straight answer.

In the RP room there are two groups: Like or hat freeroam or freeform rps in general.
To one group the two hours seem like too much time, for the other group it's not enough.
That's why people from both sides complain about it.
It looks like there is no easy way to solve it. A suggestion I've seen is: Make the last three rps void, but this would get more variation to the room, but it wouldn't just stop the CQ/FR/MM chain, but that chain exists because people like those roleplays.
Another suggestion (from the other side of course) is: Freeroam doesn't have to end at 2 hours. You can imagine the chaos that'd bring.

My question is:
Is there a way to separate freeform roleplays from everything else?
Or does staff have any plans about this?
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:37 pm

needler wrote:I know, people talk about this a lot, but I've never seen a straight answer.

In the RP room there are two groups: Like or hat freeroam or freeform rps in general.
To one group the two hours seem like too much time, for the other group it's not enough.
That's why people from both sides complain about it.
It looks like there is no easy way to solve it. A suggestion I've seen is: Make the last three rps void, but this would get more variation to the room, but it wouldn't just stop the CQ/FR/MM chain, but that chain exists because people like those roleplays.
Another suggestion (from the other side of course) is: Freeroam doesn't have to end at 2 hours.  You can imagine the chaos that'd bring.

My question is:
Is there a way to separate freeform roleplays from everything else?
Or does staff have any plans about this?

i agree with these points. Except the last one. if Freeroam doesn't have a set end time, it'll go on forever. That's why the 2/3 hour rule exists
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:20 pm

Freeroam has a limit specifically because of its rather chaotic nature. Really, this is why Amphy exists. If you don't like Freeroam, go to Amphy while it's on. If the RP in Amphy happens not to accept late joins, well, sometimes it's unavoidable. You can browse the forums or do something productive in the meanwhile. 

Really there are a lot of options; two hours isn't that much time and we're not going to cater specifically to people who find problems with Freeroam in the same way that we won't extend Freeroam's time limit for people who do enjoy it.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismesis 413 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:33 pm

It would be nice if RP Bot had a status thing. I hate it when I'm PM RPing with someone and I have to go right as they go offline to get something, because you can't PM people who are offline. Yay.

We could do a thing where you can set a status:

CheesyDude305:(private to Roleplaying Bot) /setstatus AFK

BurgerGuy503: Oh noes where is Cheesy? I leave to get a water and he's gone! Oh wait!
BurgerGuy503:(private to Roleplaying Bot) /checkstatus CheesyDude305
Roleplaying Bot:(private to BurgerGuy503) User is AFK.

There could be Offline, Temp away, Will be right back, and AFK

:3

Kismesis 413

View user profile http://sparknotes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:40 pm

Kismesis 413 wrote:It would be nice if RP Bot had a status thing. I hate it when I'm PM RPing with someone and I have to go right as they go offline to get something, because you can't PM people who are offline. Yay.

We could do a thing where you can set a status:

CheesyDude305:(private to Roleplaying Bot) /setstatus AFK

BurgerGuy503: Oh noes where is Cheesy? I leave to get a water and he's gone! Oh wait!
BurgerGuy503:(private to Roleplaying Bot) /checkstatus CheesyDude305
Roleplaying Bot:(private to BurgerGuy503) User is AFK.

There could be Offline, Temp away, Will be right back, and AFK

:3

The bot isn't really for things like personal use. It's a Roleplaying Bot for functions that pertain to the room itself. If someone is going afk, they should go on an afk account or tell whoever they're RPing with that they'll be right back. It's not hard.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next