Do you approve of these changes?

37% 37% 
[ 21 ]
63% 63% 
[ 36 ]

Total Votes : 57

Re: Room Reductions and the Official Team

Post by LumaSoul on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:13 am

PokeHigh's been brought back, maybe with more effort, some other favourites could return to official listings. Worry not, however, as anything left behind can just as easily be run as a custom.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn(Milotic) on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Flame(ShinyLitten) wrote:Early April Fool's Day joke. I think it is a early april fool's day joke.
oh my god thank you someone else with some smarts sunny sunny sunny
Kaitlyn(Milotic)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xck on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:40 pm

oh good lord finally! i have been saying this for DECADES even before i entered ps for fucks sake!! 20 years ago i sat on my porch in my rocking chair and said fuck dnd. whats dnd? i didnt know but i sure as hell was against it! and as for that "april fools" excuse, please. my dog died two years ago on april fools and THAT wasn't a joke so this clearly, by some form of correlation, is obviously not a joke. maybe we do need to keep pokehigh, because these children just cant use their minds anymore. all that internet is melting their brains. christ

edit: oh uhm and to any wise little cookies who say i wasnt alive 20 years ago, its uhhhhh its a lie im telling my mom on you for hurting my feelings
edit 2: i cant believe skittys fucking dead

Last edited by xck on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Knife Dad loves his children very much, and by "children", I mean "knives". His head isn't bad. One thing I want to get in here is that if he sees a knife, he legally owns it. He eats knifes for fuel. Not his kid-knives, though. Why's his head look like that? Don't sweat it. He has to keep eating knives to avoid eating his children knives. Knife Dad is Stan Lee.
He fuccs like a broken train, but he runs on time, if you know what I mean. He's part wolf, part mech, part rabbit, part fox, part sunglasses, part dragon, part dad, all dad, all knives. If you unbutton his shirt, a bunch of knives will fall out, and then he'll die, because he's just a bunch of knives under there."
xck
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://spoyn.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:42 pm

wtf corrupt mods removing trainer the best rp in the world?? first the 4 hour limit that pretty much KILLED the rp in all it's former glory (xD everyone was so salty that it ran for 10+ hours and endpolls didn't end it) but now you remove it wtf is going on!!!

edit: press f to pay respects for skitty you will be missed, wailord was too stronk ;(

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seriph on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Oh yes. Forgot. Skitty, I hope everything goes well for you!
Seriph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsYaBoi1337 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:13 pm

To be honest, I don't think MM should be removed. Kids should already know about death and killing n stuff.

But nice save on DnD.
Them wizard lawyers woulda got ya
ItsYaBoi1337

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlinded-Dragon on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:03 am

I am slightly concerned with the 'Godmodding rule' that applies to the RP Room's Official Team, since well it can be easily abused. I am gonna assume there will be a checking process to make sure the members and fit and qualified to be in the team but it does bring up some concerns on whether said members will turn around and bite back. Will there be any way of managing that aspect?

As for the removal of RPs, I personally have no comment on its removal since the reasons are seemingly quite understandable. It will take some time to get used to for those who do enjoy them but since this is a joint opinion effort, it could go anyway.

Other than that, I do wish Skitty to fare well in their future endeavors. Even though I have never met them before, I still want to show my condolences for their lost, so may they be safe and good luck to them.

My OCs
Rizen Draconis, the Dragonite Soulice Draconis, the Salamence Xelan Levion, the Palkia
TheBlinded-Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fervis on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:47 pm

I have a question regarding these changes. If Dnd, MM and trainer are being removed, are those existing hosts allowed to host them as customs?

Last edited by Fervis on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Fervis
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MeninhatheMismagius24 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Eh...yeah, Room changes, I mean it would be strange/wouldn't feel natural without some of these RPs around but might as well, I guess it's for the best. We still have 4 RPs however, so we'll be fine. They had to do it for a reason. It's no big deal Cool
MeninhatheMismagius24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:01 pm

Yes. After the week is over, any RP that has been removed as official will be allowed to run as customs. If they regain their popularity, they may become official once more.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fervis on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:02 am

If that is so, then what is the difference between running them as official rps as compared to running them as customs?
Fervis
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:36 am

Official RPs do not need to be pre-approved by staff. Customs do - so there is less chance of a badly formatted or not thought out document being hosted.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fervis on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:28 am

Hm...I see. Thanks Arti for clarifying.

In that sense, here is my opinion about these changes.

MM: Aww, it'll be sad to see MM leave as an official rp. Its one of my favourites to both rp in and watch, because of the thinking aspect to it. However, I do know that there is quite a bit of gore involved it it, and if its removal is supposed to protect the minds of kids, then I'll accept its removal. On the other hand, hosts also can make the rp less gory, but this is up to the host to decide. But then again, if MM is run as a custom, children in the room will still get to see the gore. Maybe it'll work if the mods really put effort to look at the amount of gore the MM has, and let the host do a trial of it in amphy/rusty first. It may help the mods to decide if the MM has too much gore. Also, just a thought, maybe the mods can forecfully end a MM (in main) if there is too much gore going on.

DnD: Well, guess many DnD variants are going to get their 'custom' status back. That said, I don't think the change will impact many DnD rps, because many were hosted as a custom before.

PMD: I'm not really bothered by the removal of PMD I guess. Not sure how it works, not sure if it is freejoin, basically just unsure about everything PMD.

Kingdom: Hm...this one is tough. I personally don't see why it is wrong to have a rp set in the past. It allows for a little getaway from out modern lifestyles. I find that kingdom is pretty much freeroam, but the different setting and roles allow for completely different plots altogether.

Trainer: Not much comments for this one.

The 'team' thing: I don't mind the addition of this concept, but I feel that they should not be exempt from godmodding. I feel that it can be easily abused. Better not take that risk.

As for Skitty, I hope you are coping well. We may barely know each other, but I just wanna wish you good luck in your future endeavours. You are welcome back anytime:)

Whew, that was quite a long post, wasn't it? Thanks for reading!
Fervis
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEpicKyurem on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:38 am

The only one that I'm really upset about leaving is Kingdom, but other than that, I like the changes to the room. It's a good thing they can still be used as customs however. Also, I hope that you're doing alright Skitty, and I'm hoping that you're back soon.
TheEpicKyurem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Fervis wrote:
MM: Aww, it'll be sad to see MM leave as an official rp. Its one of my favourites to both rp in and watch, because of the thinking aspect to it. However, I do know that there is quite a bit of gore involved it it, and if its removal is supposed to protect the minds of kids, then I'll accept its removal. On the other hand, hosts also can make the rp less gory, but this is up to the host to decide. But then again, if MM is run as a custom, children in the room will still get to see the gore. Maybe it'll work if the mods really put effort to look at the amount of gore the MM has, and let the host do a trial of it in amphy/rusty first. It may help the mods to decide if the MM has too much gore. Also, just a thought, maybe the mods can forecfully end a MM (in main) if there is too much gore going on.

I agree with Fervis here, I'm really sad to see MM go. It was a big part of the room since I came back and I hate to see it go. It's where I made Midna Midna. I had some great RPs and made friends through that RP.
I agree with his suggestion about making MM less gory, as it is bound to be run again as a custom. Perhaps we can set down some rules to it? Maybe then drowning in pools of blood or being stabbed to death by a Twineedle wouldn't be so bad. I know a lot of hosts have good writing skills, so they can still pass on how a character died while making it less gory and not detracting from the message.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top