Re: Room Reductions and the Official Team

Post by Yung Kujo on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:54 pm

glad the edgy cringe fest is going away
Yung Kujo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wha...

Post by BoomBadaBap on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:03 pm

Okay. Trainer, PMD, PH I could understand. Though to be honest, if the teacher rule hadn't been changed, it would've been a lot better. MM was easily fixable by telling doc owners to reduce or remove gore from rps. A lot of hosts just did that to impress. Kingdom, a lot of good plots happened there, and the idea of rping in medieval times with magic and all that stuff is cool, it's like CQ without pokemon, so yea, I disagree with the majority of the changes...
BoomBadaBap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Aesir on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:49 pm

May as well bother people with my two cents. Now in the form of a wallpost(!).

I pretty much agree with all of these, as well as the fact that they can be run as customs (with the [possible] exception of Murder Mystery). Murder Mystery and Trainer, in my opinion, will thrive in Rusty due to a potential reliance on a lower number of players and the fact that RPs in Rusty can be scheduled for a set time every week. The only removal I disagree with is PMD (possibly too specialized in some ways to run as a custom*), but it seems to rarely run anyway.

Trainer in particular's going to see a huge rise in quality in my opinion because documents for it will now be checked by staff for said quality (reducing the trend of "I like this user even if his document is complete (BAN ME PLEASE).")

Kaitlyn(Milotic) wrote:Hell if you're going to remove more than half the total rps then you may aswell shut the whole damn room down in my opnion.

Holy salt. If you have such a problem with it, make/join a custom.

Yung Kujo wrote:glad the edgy cringe fest is going away

Holy salt of another variant. Nobody ever told you that you had to join a RP you didn't like. There are three rooms for a reason, and if you don't like the RPs going on in them I'm sure you can find another way to spend your time.

Edit: This really isn't as much of a wallpost as I thought it would be. Hm.
Fenrir Aesir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marill-go-Round on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:06 am

I abhor the thought of the flat out removal of RP types, even ones as typically terrible in quality as MM
However I'd be lying if I said I don't see the reasoning behind some of these "would-be" changes.

Firstly, I disagree with the removal of Kingdom RP, however the mention of ancient times does bring up an interesting point. Instead of the complete removal of it, I would suggest considering making it a new RP type altogether, a new "expanded" RP-type not unlike City-Life. I'm not sure what it would be called, probably "Freeroam Other" or something, but simply put, it would be all non-Freeroam freeform RPs, such as Kingdom, but also including other kinds of freeform RPs, such as space RPs with roles, or perhaps a super power freeform RP, basically any kind of Freeform RP, I'd say.

DnD is a staple of the room simply because of how flexible it is, however it's very easy to see it being regulated purely to customs, especially because almost all DnDs are different in terms of mechanics and how they "play out", so to speak, much like customs.

MM? I wouldn't remove it altogether either, however I can see some more "family friendly" (...ugh) variants being made in the form of customs.

PH? I think these have really dropped off hard ever since the Teacher Role removal, I can see them being either a Freeform RP or a custom rather easily.

Even if the changes do remove all of the RP types, you can always RP in and host them as customs, I hardly think it's the end of the PS! Roleplaying Room, seriously.

Anyhow, these're only my two Rusted Coins, do what you want with this

Marill-go-Round

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yung$$$ on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:23 am

Personally, I feel none of them actually need to be removed except for maybe trainer.

>MM
Alright, so it's kind of violent but as it's been stated before, people are bound to see violent shit. And I doubt any kid is getting on the site and being scared because they saw generic edgy killing scene 100

>PMD
I have no argument for this other than that it was just there. Nothing about it actually needed to change.

>Dungeons and Dragonites
Copyright is understanable, but I doubt anyone is getting sued over this for a few reasons. The biggest being that the DnD(s) we use usually aren't even based on any official DnD material. Plus, no one is profiting off making DnD docs so no reason for them to come for the roleplay room of a Pokemon site of all places.

>Kingdom
I can agree with this to an extent since its basically just a much more organized FR that could basically be grouped in with FR on a poll.

>Pokehigh
Don't see the point in removing this. It already got changed drastically thanks to the teacher role disappearing and it's another RP that might not need anymore changes.
Yung$$$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marill-go-Round on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:28 am

I forgot to mention.
I am adamantly against this idea of a group of individuals that are exempt from godmodding rules.
It can easily jeopardize the RP and the host, and I can see it being abused by certain people, even by a few within the room staff. I see no reason to have people who are not the host have power over an RP in the RP, it seems as though it would just present more problems than not.
Again, my own two cents, but do not expect me to along with it.

Marill-go-Round

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiraro The Kitsune on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:37 am

So the room will reduced to the four most active and voted roleplays, being left only four they will cycle within the void list pretty much perfectly since customs don't always get voted to win. I'm fine with the removal of all of them except Murder Mystery. Instead of removing wouldn't it be easier to just accept nd decline the documents like with customs, not all Murder Mystery have a high amount of gore, just some hosts et carried away and make the whole roleplay disgusting by exaggerating.

Relating to TurtleWarlord's post, Freeroam is actually really well voted but boring, roleplaying with no plot at all and no guidance from a host, isn't it the same as a Private Message Roleplay?

Good vs Evil is just as bad, no plot just battles because leaders don't put effort at all into making a plot, at least make the road to the other side either Good or Evil harder to reach.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, the games are cheap and not all hosts know how t do it, so whatever.

Cruise is just Freeroam on a boat, "really exciting".

Kingdom is also Freeroam but in a kingdom with royals that are bad at "royaling".

Seeing how the maybe future Roleplaying Room contest has an option of free theme to stimulate creativity when writing the story and seeing how this roleplays are being removed, t looks like the room is being reduced to a room where you use your brain. The ones left as official are plotless, so, is there even any need of hosts any more?

PS: Make Freeroam last two cycles of void to come out, the roleplay is just two hours of empty space and boredom.
Kiraro The Kitsune

View user profile https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/roleplaying

Back to top Go down

Post by Yung Kujo on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:32 pm

you're part of the edgy people also XD
Yung Kujo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why!?!

Post by StupidSayWhat <3 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 pm

I do not agree with the ban for Dungeons and Dragonites. No one will get sued, we're not making any profit without the creator's consent. I can understand MM, as it is heavily filled with Gore. I don't know why to bring PH back, I mean we should see if there sure any quality docs out there and see if people can host well because no one likes a doc that is literal shit and the Host is similar to the doc. Trainer I can also understand, it does not fit in with the new rule. Also, why Ban Kingdom but not Cruise, those two are awfully similar and banning both would make sense.

don't mind my signature and why do I still care...
StupidSayWhat <3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top