RP Groups

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RP Groups

Post by BoomBadaBap on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:28 pm

Opinions in groups like SageRP and GateRP and such...
BoomBadaBap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RP Groups

Post by xck on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:24 pm

it's really not a big thing for discussion. if people enjoy roleplaying in large groups and want to, therefore, have a group name for it, by all means, they should go ahead on it. wanna make a doc for your rp group too? go right ahead, that sounds like a super cool idea. roleplaying groups are just another way people are enjoying roleplaying and how they want to do it, and i see nothing really wrong with that. its not like theyre bothering/being an annoyance to anyone else.

"Knife Dad loves his children very much, and by "children", I mean "knives". His head isn't bad. One thing I want to get in here is that if he sees a knife, he legally owns it. He eats knifes for fuel. Not his kid-knives, though. Why's his head look like that? Don't sweat it. He has to keep eating knives to avoid eating his children knives. Knife Dad is Stan Lee.
He fuccs like a broken train, but he runs on time, if you know what I mean. He's part wolf, part mech, part rabbit, part fox, part sunglasses, part dragon, part dad, all dad, all knives. If you unbutton his shirt, a bunch of knives will fall out, and then he'll die, because he's just a bunch of knives under there."
xck
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://spoyn.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:58 am

Groups are now an official thing! We'll begin rolling it out sometime very soon. However, group highlights are NOT official groups. Personally I don't have an opinion on "group highlight" groups, I think they're handy but also a majority of them now are gimmicky and not exactly interesting to read, in my opinion.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:19 pm

This sounds rather interesting, though I am unsure how it might work in practice.
Hopefully it'll be nice. I have a few ideas of groups I could work with.
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LumaSoul on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:10 pm

So long as they're not joke or obnoxious meme groups that just want to be annoying, then I have no opinion worth bringing up. Let them be. If people are having a good time, then I shouldn't really meddle in their affairs.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by switchkitty on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:26 pm

It makes FR seem kind of exclusionist, since most people are like "I would rather roleplay with people I know" making it a bit hard for someone who's new to the roleplaying portion of this site in general to be able to roleplay with new people. Sucks, but hey, if people want to roleplay in groups, let them. I bet they're having fun with people that will always give them a plot to go by, even if it does seem kind of nonsensical at times.
switchkitty

View user profile http://listography.com/sega

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobutt on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:58 pm

I don't really like the current 'established' rp groups (Gate, Dusk) for a variety of reasons,the biggest being how they exclude other users from them. Main is really the only one suffering from this (maybe Rusty as well) which is most prevalent in FR and MM (christ this ha killed my enthusiasm for MM).

Second is, in my opinion, their somewhat low rp quality. No offense-I know some good one are out there-but the rp quality for the groups is pretty bad-one-liners aside, even. Then there's the sidenote that these one-liner rpers in main usually get really popular and join groups, in which the group gets bigger and shittier, and the rpers get more popular....

Christ. Yada yada yada, official groups I like better-because I bet the better rpers will participate-but whatever.

Also read this post below, it's betteer but has the same issue.
switchkitty wrote:It makes FR seem kind of exclusionist, since most people are like "I would rather roleplay with people I know" making it a bit hard for someone who's new to the roleplaying portion of this site in general to be able to roleplay with new people. Sucks, but hey, if people want to roleplay in groups, let them. I bet they're having fun with people that will always give them a plot to go by, even if it does seem kind of nonsensical at times.

EDIT; This is a bit ironic considering how I'm having ideas for my group but eh.
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top