[ 8 ]
18% 18% 
[ 6 ]
11% 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 34

April Fools 2017

Post by Rico on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:40 am

Many of you have read this post on our hugely popular removal of most RPs from the RP room and probably come to the conclusion that the entire post is some elaborate april fools joke. Well yeah, of course it was... but like every year there is some truth to this year's April Fools announcements. Unfortunately I've been away for the past month so I haven't been able to get everything ready immediately, but here's a rundown of the post and what is fact vs. fiction.

"We are removing most RPs. The RPs that remain will have official docs that you should use."
The truth: This month we will be finishing the official docs for ALL official RPs. If, at the end of the month, we are unable to produce an official document for an RP (we will request assistance from the community if our staff can't produce one) then that RP WILL be removed as an official RP.
Official Documents is something that started when we reworked the Cruise RP. We want all RPs to have a basic document that any user can copy and use as is, or alter if they so wish.
On top of this, you may have noticed that the official Conquest document has changed. Conquest, GvE and Murder Mystery are all undergoing a slight restructure in the way their docs work. The "Official Doc" will be purely for a basic setting and a table of participants. Each of these docs will link to the official rules for each RP, which GvE and MM have historically been missing (an initiative we've been working to fix). This means that if you want to run a Conquest, for example, but want a different format than the basic document, or to include a setting, you can take a copy of the basic doc but leave the link to the rules in tact. Then, if any changes are made to the official conquest rules you don't have to update your docs.

That was a bit tricky to word, so hopefully you all understand that one.

"In celebration of the wedding"
Truth although the RPs will all be available for the month of april. As mentioned above, if we can't get official docs for everything they will no longer be official RPs. We want everybody to get a chance at hosting. You can be a good host without being a good doc maker.

"We are also introducing the RP Room's official Team."
The Truth: Team Corrupt existed as a quick example of what is to come. In the coming month along with the official docs we will also be hard at work setting up a system for the creation of Official Teams. This is a pretty complicated thing and will probably need a post of its own, but basically once this is complete, groups of unique users will be able to get together and create Teams. These can be anything from an evil team, a group of hunters, a pokemon league or even a cult to one of the official legendaries. These official groups will be included in the 'lore' of the RP room alongside the legendaries, and if I ever finish work on the world map will have the same rights as legendaries to it, being able to claim parts of the world for themselves based on how large the group is.
I mentioned "Unique Users". This is simply to prevent a group of 7 users from creating 91 different teams. Each team will require a minimum number of users who are not 'counted' for another group yet. Larger groups will get some benefits, but nobody gets to bypass the godmod rule.

"Lastly, some of you may be aware of Skitty's prolonged absence from the room."
Mostly fiction. Skitty's busy but still in contact with us. They're fine and appreciate the love and support from the users. I'm sorry if anybody got unnecessarily concerned over this, we tried to keep it ambiguous but I know some people took the joke a little further and tried to imply something had actually happened to them. Again, Skitty's fine, just awful.

One thing that didn't come up in April Fools but was going to was Verified Hosts. This is a sort of expansion to the approved customs thing and will allow certain hosts more freedom when running an RP. Primarily, they will be able to use Legendaries in their RPs without permission. There's a few other ideas we threw around on this such as being able to nominate a 'library' of customs instead of individual customs, but that's not certain.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post here about them.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April Fools 2017

Post by Kiraro The Kitsune on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:32 pm

H-how dare you hurt my feelings like that? I believed every last bit of the joke, I was going to quit the room completely and delete all my docs in rage. ;~;

Anyways, I guess it's for the best that it was all just a joke the room would have become really useless otherwise. Still, remove them from being official if a doc isn't made, guess non would be erased how hard could it be to make one?

Also, is Skitty's situation true or false? job busy or emotionally affected? I no longer know nya @~@
Kiraro The Kitsune

View user profile https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/roleplaying

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:21 pm

lol i loved this april fool's prank, so many people believe skitty actually had a miscarriage & all the rps were being removed lmao. cant wait for next years, and i look forward to the new changes. i feel like the "teams" concept will be really interesting. i feel like it could get a little chaotic with the purpose of land being claimed in the name of some teams but that could also lead to things like wars between factions which could totally put a spin on freeroam.
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiraro The Kitsune on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:20 am

[quote="Lawful Evil"]lol i loved this april fool's prank, so many people believe skitty actually had a miscarriage & all the rps were being removed lmao. cant wait for next years, and i look forward to the new changes. i feel like the "teams" concept will be really interesting. i feel like it could get a little chaotic with the purpose of land being claimed in the name of some teams but that could also lead to things like wars between factions which could totally put a spin on freeroam.[/quote]

So basically you're saying that for once Freeroam won't an OOC rain and {open} flood? I guess teams might be interesting, I just hope Freeroam stops being a bunch of groups of 1 to 4 people with different plots, places and everything.

The lore of roleplaying, where you and your team will compete for fame and become one of the top five teams in the whole {put name of Freeroam map here}. Each ne of this five teams will have the chance to face up to Team Corrupt {or whatever the new Staff team is called} and claim their whole map for themselves, f they win that is. If two teams manage to win they will have to face each other, loser loses it's land and winner gets the losers land plus the map.
Kiraro The Kitsune

View user profile https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/roleplaying

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:40 am

You're overthinking things. Roleplaying groups are perfectly fine and are a good way to create more involved stories using a consistent group of users, but these are by their nature very exclusive. The hope is that by making these things official and to give users a way to understand the 'story so far', it will encourage the groups to take in users they do not normally roleplay with.

There is no staff team and never will be. Staff are likely to create groups of their own as they see fit, but the 'staff' rank has no roleplay influence.

No team will ever hold an entire continent, yet alone the whole world.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyivs on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Rico wrote:Many of you have read this post on our hugely popular removal of most RPs from the RP room and probably come to the conclusion that the entire post is some elaborate april fools joke. Well yeah, of course it was... but like every year there is some truth to this year's April Fools announcements. Unfortunately I've been away for the past month so I haven't been able to get everything ready immediately, but here's a rundown of the post and what is fact vs. fiction.

"We are removing most RPs. The RPs that remain will have official docs that you should use."
The truth: This month we will be finishing the official docs for ALL official RPs. If, at the end of the month, we are unable to produce an official document for an RP (we will request assistance from the community if our staff can't produce one) then that RP WILL be removed as an official RP.
Official Documents is something that started when we reworked the Cruise RP. We want all RPs to have a basic document that any user can copy and use as is, or alter if they so wish.
On top of this, you may have noticed that the official Conquest document has changed. Conquest, GvE and Murder Mystery are all undergoing a slight restructure in the way their docs work. The "Official Doc" will be purely for a basic setting and a table of participants. Each of these docs will link to the official rules for each RP, which GvE and MM have historically been missing (an initiative we've been working to fix). This means that if you want to run a Conquest, for example, but want a different format than the basic document, or to include a setting, you can take a copy of the basic doc but leave the link to the rules in tact. Then, if any changes are made to the official conquest rules you don't have to update your docs.

That was a bit tricky to word, so hopefully you all understand that one.

"In celebration of the wedding"
Truth although the RPs will all be available for the month of april. As mentioned above, if we can't get official docs for everything they will no longer be official RPs. We want everybody to get a chance at hosting. You can be a good host without being a good doc maker.

"We are also introducing the RP Room's official Team."
The Truth: Team Corrupt existed as a quick example of what is to come. In the coming month along with the official docs we will also be hard at work setting up a system for the creation of Official Teams. This is a pretty complicated thing and will probably need a post of its own, but basically once this is complete, groups of unique users will be able to get together and create Teams. These can be anything from an evil team, a group of hunters, a pokemon league or even a cult to one of the official legendaries. These official groups will be included in the 'lore' of the RP room alongside the legendaries, and if I ever finish work on the world map will have the same rights as legendaries to it, being able to claim parts of the world for themselves based on how large the group is.
I mentioned "Unique Users". This is simply to prevent a group of 7 users from creating 91 different teams. Each team will require a minimum number of users who are not 'counted' for another group yet. Larger groups will get some benefits, but nobody gets to bypass the godmod rule.

"Lastly, some of you may be aware of Skitty's prolonged absence from the room."
Mostly fiction. Skitty's busy but still in contact with us. They're fine and appreciate the love and support from the users. I'm sorry if anybody got unnecessarily concerned over this, we tried to keep it ambiguous but I know some people took the joke a little further and tried to imply something had actually happened to them. Again, Skitty's fine, just awful.

One thing that didn't come up in April Fools but was going to was Verified Hosts. This is a sort of expansion to the approved customs thing and will allow certain hosts more freedom when running an RP. Primarily, they will be able to use Legendaries in their RPs without permission. There's a few other ideas we threw around on this such as being able to nominate a 'library' of customs instead of individual customs, but that's not certain.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post here about them.
Proffessional weeb here with his waifu
so will all groups like sagerp... have to create a team and can you be pokemon in teams
skyivs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:33 pm

I have no idea what any of that means.
No, Yes.

You don't have to be an official group, but official groups do gain benefits. Namely when they have enough users they are given a section of the forums. There will also be a bot message that informs users of teams to encourage people to have a look at all the teams we have.

You can be anything you want in a team, but it depends a lot on what the team is. If your team, for example, is a Pokemon League then we would expect all players to be Human or Gijinka. If you were a rescue team though, we'd expect you to be Pokemon or Gijinka. I'm not saying yes or no to anything without actually viewing it though, and if a team does have something we don't think belongs we'll ask that person for an explanation as to why that character is there, as well as one from whoever runs the group.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDogXL on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:50 pm

Lol, Team Corrupt. XD

I made Vanilla MM a while back to be a MM with no strings attached. You could modify it and use it, I'd be honored to let you.
if not, that's fine too. licks vanilla

BlueDogXL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top