Moemon Emerald- The story of a man and his Zubat.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moemon Emerald- The story of a man and his Zubat.

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:59 pm

"H-H-HELP!!!"

A cry for help pierced the woods and travelled through, managing to reach the small town of Littleroot. It wasn't my original plan to save a life when I moved here, but-...
Oh? Who am I? Well, I'm glad you asked. My name is Grim, short for Grimalkin. I moved to Hoenn thanks to my father, who told me of a new job he got as a Gym Leader there. Though I don't visit him much (Nor does he visit me much), we are still a closely knit family...
Er... Where was I again?... OH YEAH, THE CRY FOR HELP! I had run into the woods, finding a fairly large man running from a Pokémon that was chasing him around, yelping at him and attempting to pull him towards the Pokémon. "Hey! You there! I need your help! In the bag, there are some Pokémon! QUICKLY!!!" he cried out, attempting to hold the Pokémon at bay. Quickly, I grabbed the first Poke Ball I got my hands on in the bag, tossing it to reveal... A girl? She was tiny, draped in a small blue dress that covered her down to her ankles... Even with that, both she and the clothing her extremely tiny, only coming in at the size of my head. It didn't take long for me to notice from the wings, the way her hair covered her eyes, and the fangs... She was a Zubat! "O-Oh no! M-m-mr. Birch S-sir! A-a-are you alright?!?" she cried out, turning over to you and futilely tugging your arm. "P-please, we need to h-h-help!"

"Right! Okay... You ready, Zubat?" I looked down at the girl, who nodded and flew forward, engaging in a fight with the wild Pokémon

BATTLE!

VS.
Zubat Vs. Deoxys!

(Yeah, for some reason, when I downloaded it, their was a cheat code already in the game, so... Yeah. I guess they're shiny now. >~> Gooood to know.)

Deoxys started off the fight, leering at Zubat. Zubat shuddered in fear, fluttering behind me. "Hey, don't worry... We go her, okay?" I smirked, Zubat fluttering back in front. "Alright, Zubat! Let's go with Leech Life!" I called out, Zubat letting out a nervous cry of war (Don't ask, I'm awful at writing sometimes), and chomping into the Deoxys' shoulder, managing to do some substantial damage before darting back to me.

"H-heh... Nice one, little bat... Why don't you come here~?" she snickered, the long tendrils of hair that were her ponytails lashing forth and Wrapping Zubat, pulling her in and tightening. "N-Nooo! L-lemme go!!!" she cried out, wiggling some. I had to think fast... So far, all Zubat knew was Leech Life... But it was worth a shot! "Alright, Zubat! Another Leech Life to put her down!" I commanded, Zubat chomping into Deoxys' tendril this time, and drawing out enough life energy to revitalize the small bat before Deoxys had fainted. "D-... D-did we win...?" Zubat murmured, poking at Deoxys in hopes that she was still alive... And alive she was! Deoxys then launched upwards, looking down at me with a stern stare, then flew off without a word... But I knew what she wanted to say. She was going to see me again. And I knew it.

"Hah... You actually did it... I thought I was a goner! Thank you so much-... Er..." the man approached me, seemingly lost as to what my name was.
"It's Grim, sir." I responded, nodding with an extended hand. He clasped his hand with mine, shaking it vigorously.
"Thank you, Grim. I owe you my life..." he bowed a bit, looking about. "But... Here isn't the safest place to talk like this. Come, let's go talk at my lab!"

"You want me to take WHO NOW?!?!" I called out. After some long talking about the origins of the Pokémon we- myself and Zubat- had fought, Birch had come to notice something with my explanation... How I saw these Pokémon.
"Think about it, Grim... You see Pokémon as humanoid, don't you? If you take Zubat with you, you might be able to understand her even more than any of us at the facility! Please, take her with you, and maybe we can learn more about the Pokémon of the Hoenn Region through you!" he explained, handing me the Poke Ball with Zubat in it... Reluctantly I nodded my head.
"Fine." I grumbled. Looking down at the Poké Ball before unleashing the Zubat once more. "Hello again, Zubat. I take it you heard what's going on?"
The Zubat shook a bit, but nodded, fluttering upwards to meet face-to-face with me. "Y-yeah... Mr. Birch S-sir wants me to... T-travel the region with... With y-you. D-... Do you think it'll be as f-fun as the others m-make it to be?"
"Of course! There's a lot to do here, and not much reason to be afraid... At least, for the moment." I shrugged, patting the Zubat's head. "Now, uh... Before anything, what should I call you? I mean, 'Zubat' isn't all to... Catchy."
"M-my name..." she murmured, looking up. "My name is Mimi. P-pleased to meet you, sir."
"Mimi? Huh... Well, it's nice to meet you, Mimi. I'm Grim, a pleasure!" I smiled, extending a hand to shake hers, but she quickly scurried back. It seemed we had a long ways to go before she would trust me...

---

Team So Far!:

Name: Mimi
Lvl: 7
Type: Poison/Flying
Moves:
Leech Life
Supersonic (She can sing, it seems!)

---
(Hey, guys! Thanks for reading this new series I got goin' on. This took a little bit to write out, but I always had the idea of writing a Pokémon Story (in fact, I tried it before, but it failed miserably. That, and a lot got in the way), and then I saw a piece of art of the Moemon Zubat... And thought "YES. I NEED TO MAKE THIS A THING."
So yeah. If you like this and want more, let meh know! If you don't... Well, you can probably stop reading now. >~>)
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Moemon Emerald- EPISODE 1: Lily

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:57 pm

We had begun our journey fairly soon after leaving, being given a pair of Running Shoes from our mother, a bag with five Poke Balls, and a device known as the Pokedex. Birch said that it catalogues the Pokémon that I run into, recording their data depending on if I catch them or not. Just to play it safe, I had recorded the info for Mimi the Zubat soon after getting it, just so I had enough data to work with. According to them, Zubat can normally be found on Routes 115 and 114, just above Rustburo City and beside Fallarbor Town... So, at least they were native, so Mimi wouldn't be alone! Mimi smiled at the thought, fluttering about before flying off towards route 103, letting out a squeal of fear. I spared no moment in getting to her, finding that a large avian had started attacking her: An Aerodactyl!

VS.
Mimi the Zubat VS. Aerodactyl!

The battle was fairly hard for Mimi, as the only attack move she had was Leech Life, but with the use of her new move- Supersonic- Mimi had sung her way halfway into the fight. Once we reached the halfway point, the Aerodactyl looked at... ME! Her next attack was aimed at me, not Mimi. She was angry... And I could tell. A roar, and she was flying down towards me, wings slamming into my stomach and knocking me back... I felt everything in my body burn with pain, my legs unable to move as the beast girl pinned me down. "You will tell me EXACTLY who you are! What are you, and why are you in my forest?!" she shouted, a clawed hand at my throat... Before I could answer, something had tackled her, causing her to tumble off, Mimi fumbling a bit in the air before shaking off the shock of tackling the Aerodactyl. "Q-quickly, Grim sir! Use th-the Poke Balls!" she shouted as I quickly pulled one from my belt, chucking it at the prone Pokémon...
One shake...
Two...
THREE...
Click!

I had finally caught my first Pokémon: An Aerodactyl! I was so happy! Mimi flew around me, with a big grin on her face. She then flew in, landing on my shoulder to look down at the Poke Ball. "W-what does the Pokedex say about her...?" she asked, prompting me to unleash the creature and quickly scan her before she noticed anything.
"Aerodactyl, the Fossil Pokémon. Aerodactyl is a Pokémon from the age of dinosaurs. It was regenerated from DNA extracted from amber. It is imagined to have been the queen of the skies." the machine-like voice spoke, the Aerodactyl in question looking over to myself curiously.
"So... I was finally captured by the likes of you. Alright then..." she sighed, placing her hands on her hips, the large wings she had flopping helplessly... Like a cape. "My name is Lily, but you probably are just going to call me... What, 'Ptero', or something like that..." she grumbled.
"What? Why would I do that Lily? You have a name already, right? So, I'll call you tha-"
"YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME?!?!" Lily screamed, scrambling backwards.
"W-well... Yeah. I can also see you as a humanoid, if you're curious." I responded in an attempt to sate her curiosity/panic. She seemed to calm down some, shaking her head.
"So... Wait... You can see us just like how we see each other? Interesting... Being in this little team is going to be an interesting run, I can already tell." she smirked, walking over and placing a hand on my cheek, and a hand on my chest. She then let out a deep breath before removing both, and clenching her fists, placing her arms in an X fashion on her chest.
"What was that?" I asked, slightly confused.
"A ritual of old, used to show that I now entrust my power to you... It was used before Poke Balls and Apricots, if you are curious. Many types have different rituals, but mine is more a mix of the Rock and Flying ritual. Makes it faster."
"I see... Well, I'd try and reciprocate, but... Well, I wouldn't want someone to think I'm just going to outright grope a woman." I joked, Lily giving me a cold, hard stare...

---

TEAM!:

Lvl:9
Moves: Leech Life
Supersonic

Name: Lily
Lvl: 5
Type: Rock/Flying
Moves:
Wing Attack...
... That's literally it.
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hiatus...

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:48 pm

I know, I know... I just started... But things in reality came up. Bad things... My mental state is at an all-time low, and I need a little time to just... gather myself, try and return to being myself, etc... I may be named 'Grim', but I don't want to be eternally grim.

With great affection,
Grim.
(Since Pokestadium is being a little jerk, I can't get the footprint...)
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Moemon Emerald- EPISODE 2: The "Heroes".

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:42 am

Petalburg Woods... It was a strange place, to be sure. I mean, yeah, one might just say it was a heavily wooded area, but many say it was home to some very WEIRD Pokémon... For example: Along the way, we met Serenity, a Milotic who'd found her way there just out of dumb luck (and a bad storm that knocked her from the sea... Which is kind of plausible, given that the forest is close to the ocean), and Kailey, a Marill who had been taking care of her to the best of her abilities. We took them in, and now she exists as one of the many members of our team! However... That's not the main staple of this part... No. THIS part is about the two 'Heroes'; Katarina and Clayton.

After making it halfway into the woods, I saw a pair of trainers with bright red hair, snapping at some Bug Catcher. I thought something was wrong, and attempted to intervene in some way. "Excuse me... Is there an issue?" I asked in a soft and calm voice, one of the two turning towards me and shoving me away without a word. I'M SORRY?! You don't just get to push me aside like that, and get away with it! "Hey, I'm talkin' to you!" I shouted, the two turning at once with cold, dead stares.
"Look, dweeb, we're on the hunt for members of Team Magma, and Team Aqua." the man- Clayton- grunted, turning back and shoving the kid away, turning back to me and cracking his knuckles. "If you knew who we are, maybe you'd have second thoughts... I'm Clayton-" he began, his twin crossing her arms.
"And I'm Katarina. We're the Kelbin twins, and from the looks of it... We're about to knock your teeth in."

It was obvious that they wanted a fight... And they were gonna get it.

VS.
Grim VS. Clayton and Katarina!

Clayton started off the fight, sending out a Zangoose, who snarled in an attempt to intimidate me... It failed. I only wanted to see what it was capable of. It was strange, though... Usually, I see Pokémon as humanoids (Which really makes me wonder, because all of the Pokémon I've found so far are women)... Why was this one just an animal?... Was it because it was already owned? I shook off my confusion, and began the fight with Lily the Aerodactyl! "Alright, Lily... Let's start with an Agility!" I called out, Lily taking flight and flying in circles around the arena, speeding up considerably.
"Pah! Like that'll help you... Zangoose! Fury Cutter!" he shouted, the creature's claws glowing as it swiped at Lily. Though it didn't do much, I knew what Fury Cutter was... The more it hit, the more damage it'd do next time. In other words... I needed to be careful. Or quick.
"Alright, then... Have it your way. Lily! Wing Attack!" I commanded, Lily soaring down and slamming a rock-hard wing into the creature's abdomen, sending it back some as Lily took to the sky once more. "Heh... Tough Zangoose." I complimented Clayton's Pokémon, who smirked in response... At least it had a sense of humour?
"Zangoose! Another Fury Cutter!" Clayton shouted, the Zangoose leaping up and swiping at Lily again, only with more power behind his attack. It was starting to hurt, it seemed...And Lily's look of concern was one of the main pieces of evidence to such.
"Alright... Lily. Hit 'em where it hurts." I smirked, Lily soaring down and managing to get a Wing Attack... Right into the bottom of Zangoose's jaw, swooping upwards and knocking the creature into the air and onto his head!

Clayton returned the Zangoose, only for Katarina to step forward. "Pff... Beaten by a mere child. Useless..." She grunted, sending out the avian Pokémon Swellow. I returned Lily in hopes to avoid her being harmed any further, sending out Kailey, who seemed raring to go!
"Swellow! Let's start things off with an Aerial Ace... Show 'em not to mess with the Kelbin twins." she laughed, the Swellow darting towards Kaily and slashing into her with great speeds... Kailey was already almost out. "Kailey! Are you alright?" I shouted, picking her up.
"Oh... Y-yeah, having a giant cut on your chest is... A normal thing..." She answered sarcastically, laughing a bit before wincing in pain. I had returned her quickly, looking back at the Swellow with a glare that could curdle blood.
"Alright... We'll play it your way. Mimi!" I shouted, sending out Mimi. She may not have been tough before, but times have changed. "Mimi! Supersonic!" I commanded, Mimi letting out a rippling tone that bombarded Swellow, causing it to crash in confusion. "Hah! Alright... We got 'em now." I snickered, nodding. Katarina attempted to command Swellow, but it seemed it's headache from the confusion was too much, and it couldn't attack... In fact, it looked like it was in pain, meaning it was getting hurt by it's own headache! "Alright. Keep whittling them down with Leech Life as best you can, Mimi!"
"Right!" she smirked, soaring in and latching onto Swellow, sinking her teeth into the bird's neck. Upon doing so, the bird... Just... Changed. It became a male, wearing an outfit with similar markings to that of a Swellow, with a long cape much like Lily's. "GAH! Why... You're on my... Rrrrrr..." he snarled, attempting to smack Mimi off, but failing.
"Come on, Swellow! Use Quick Attack!" she called out, the Swellow managing to knock Mimi off, and quickly slamming a foot into her stomach, sending her into a tree.
"MIMI!" I shouted, running over and helping her up... She took a lot of damage, but from her face, she was still ready for more. "Alright... If you think so. Let's get another Leech Life in. I think Swellow is still confused, so we still have a chance!" I smirked, Mimi nodding and latching onto him once more, draining what she could from his shoulder as he seemed to try and flush out the headache... And failed miserable. Judging by the fact that he just fell onto his side (not the one with Mimi on it, thankfully), he was down and out.
"Now THAT'S what I call luck!" I laughed loudly, Mimi getting off of the unconscious Swellow and circling around me with a big grin. She was obviously overjoyed at the win!
"Pfeh... One win, and he thinks he became Champion..." Clayton grunts, Katarina sighing in disappointment.
"Two wins, actually..." she sighed, shaking her head. "No matter! We'll meet again, annoying child. And when we do, you're gonna wish you'd crawled home to mommy!" she snickered, the two running off.

"... What a bunch of wackjobs." I shrugged, Mimi giggling a bit.
"I-I agree. They were... K-kinda nutty, if you a-ask me..." she shrugged as well, her persistent stammer seemingly still alive and well.

---

Team.:

Lvl: 13
Moves:
Leech Life
Supersonic
Astonish (SURPRISE!!!)

Lvl: 11
Moves:
Wing Attack
Agility (It doesn't do damage, but at least it's something else.)

Name: Serenity
Lvl: 5
Type: Water
Moves:
Water Gun
Wrap (No comment.)

Name: Kailey
Lvl: 6
Moves:
Tackle
Defense Curl
Tail Whip

Name: Tania
Lvl: 12
Type: Grass
Moves:
Poison Sting
Leer
Absorb
Growth
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Moemon Emerald- EPISODE 3: An old friend...?

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:45 pm

It had taken us a while to make it to the city, but we had finally made our way into the bustling Rustburo City! Home of Roxanne- the Gym Leader-, the Devon Corp., and even a school! While making it here, I had even added three more members to the party, leaving Kailey in the care of the PKMN center due to excess Paralysis (Chinchou, man... Then can mess you up): First was Jasmine, the Houndour. A bit up-front with her attitude, but she's still fairly nice around some of the other members, like Tania (for some odd reason) and Lily. Then, we have Maylee, the Dugtrio. Despite the fact that two of the heads are basically buns on the sides of her head, they are just as sentient, and willing to talk about whatever she has on her mind. Lastly comes Niko, our first male member, and a Sneasel! He's a bit quiet, but alright with opening up once in a while... However... There was one more.

After making my way to the PKMN center, I noticed a message in my inbox on the PC. I opened it, and it read as follows:
"Hello, Grim. You may not remember me, but I was once a good friend of yours... A very good friend. We used to travel all around, and-...
... Sorry. I shouldn't ramble. Anyways, I have a present for you. A Pokémon that you might not remember... But she remembers you. And remembers you well.
I should be going now. Au revoir, mon amie,
- A friend

A friend?... Who could have sent a Pokémon to me? I quickly looked through the box, and saw a Pokémon in there I had never caught: A Scizor... Lv 5, Hardy... And it knew Reversal? But that was an Egg move. How did it know that? I shook my head, smirking. "Alright... Let's meet this Pokémon, shall we?"
After transferring this Pokémon into my party (swapping places with Jasmine), I had sent her out, the woman stumbling to a stand before turning to me. "... Grim...?" she gasped, seemingly appalled.
"Uh... Yeah, that's me. Why do you ask?" I tilted my head, only to get a sudden hug in response, almost as if she was happy to see me! "W-whoa! Okay, one second... Who are you???"
"Who am I? It's me, Ferra! Don't you remem-... Oh... Right..." she faltered, her smile fading quickly. She seemed to have lost hope, or something... Which prompted me to place a hand on her shoulder, as if to comfort her. "Hey... What's wrong? Remember what?" I asked, Ferra proceeding to respond... That was, before pausing.
"Wait... Did... You just..." she murmured, squinting her eyes, as if she'd missed a detail. That was, until she'd backed away in a start. "You can understand me?!"

Huh... Interesting. She says she's known me, and yet she seems appalled that I understood her clear as day. Perhaps this was worth looking into... I shrugged, smirking. "Of course. I mean, S'not a new occurrence." I responded, stuffing my hands into my pockets as Ferra circled around me, scratching her chin in thought.
"... Alright. It's settled: I'm coming with you. No if's, and's, or but's!" she exclaimed, placing her hands on her hips as if she were some superhero. "In other words, you'd better make room!"

(Now, you're probably wondering... This was NOT a catch. In fact, I'm merely experimenting with a program I had found called A-Save, that lets me fiddle around with certain things. Granted, I won't use it too much. Probably once or twice now and again, like after a Gym Leader- except in this case, where Ferra came before-, just so we can make things a bit interesting.)

Team:

Lvl: 15
Moves:
Leech Life
Supersonic
Astonish
??? (An unknown attack... Where did she learn it?)

Lvl: 12
Moves:
Wing Attack
Agility

Name: Ferra (Derived from Ferrum, which is Latin for Iron. Hence it's element name being 'Fe'! I JUST LEARNED YOU A THING!  Very Happy  )
Type: Bug/Steel
Moves:
Quick Attack
Leer
Focus Energy
Reversal (And egg move~! o.o)

Name: Serenity
Lvl: 9
Moves:
Water Gun
Wrap (Still no comment.)

Name: Tania
Lvl: 15
Moves:
Poison Sting
Absorb
Leech Seed
Bullet Seed (TM Get! Very Happy )

Name: Maylee
Type: Ground
Moves:
Tri Attack (This thing gets Tri Attack?! O.O)
Scratch
Sand-Attack
Growl
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I SCREWED UP, YO!!!

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:19 am

I accidentally deleted both my save, and my ROM! D:

... In other words, I don't think I'll be able to continue. (That, and I'm just not feeling this series...)
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moemon Emerald- The story of a man and his Zubat.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top